West Greenville Village

gs3

1 hour ago, NewlyUpstate said:

I haven't seen any plans, but wouldn't it make a ton of sense to put a spur next to the train tracks from Unity Park through West Greenville behind Poe West? Perhaps the city is asking all future development to consider how that would integrate?

There’s an old rail bed that runs by there. That could definitely be used. I just don’t see how it’s going to connect to the trail…there’s not enough room on the rail bridge for a trail

81573D5C-ACEA-4B1A-A1AC-0B5219C843BE.png

12 minutes ago, GMoxley said:

There’s an old rail bed that runs by there. That could definitely be used. I just don’t see how it’s going to connect to the trail…there’s not enough room on the rail bridge for a trail

81573D5C-ACEA-4B1A-A1AC-0B5219C843BE.png

What rail bridge would you have to use?  You could either do a ped crossing on Lois Ave or build a seperate Ped overpass. The biggest barrier I see on google maps is the Reynolds Company plant (depending on what side of the tracks you run the trail on)

On 5/28/2022 at 8:34 AM, vicupstate said:

The city will be holding a public hearing on the partial abandonment of  Kitson Street.

Kitson St abandonment

Public hearing and vote on Monday. The purpose of the abandonment is to combine the abandoned street with the surrounding properties and construct the Pendleton Street Townhomes subdivision.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 5:11 PM, vicupstate said:

Kitson St abandonment

Public hearing and vote on Monday. The purpose of the abandonment is to combine the abandoned street with the surrounding properties and construct the Pendleton Street Townhomes subdivision.

Passed unanimously. 28 Townhouses in this project.  

The project two blocks don will be 22 townhouse style apartments, so 50 new residential units in addition to whatever Woven brings.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Village Grind to expand, double seating

The Village Grind on Pendleton Street leased a store next door, formerly home to a sports nutrition shop, and added an interior opening between the two to expand its seating options.

The shop currently has about 35 seats, not including its patio, and will have room for about 70 inside once the new space opens. The expanded space also has a built-in bar counter that Montgomery said could serve a use in the future.

“We just haven’t quite figured out what it is going to be yet,” she said.

The new seating area aims to be open by end of August or early September. 

29 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

It's kind of crazy to consider that this is the edge of the city limits. Anyhow, with this project coming out in the open, the more I see issue with the comments about the Woven project. 

How so? Why would Townhouses nearby affect the desirability of Woven?

8 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

How so? Why would Townhouses nearby affect the desirability of Woven?

The point being that with a district as rapidly evolving as The Village, comments about scale, intensity/density, and height are relying on context that is outdated by the time it is voiced. 

Three story townhouses are going to put Woven into a different context than ONLY being surrounded by 1 story commercial and mill houses. The continuous massing that comes with connected residential units, puts Woven in a context where "long" multi-story masses are not unusual. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I drove around the West Greenville area Friday afternoon. It is unreal what is happening. New apartments, new homes and new retail is going up everywhere. Our first home was in Sans Souci in 1981. Those little houses are now going for over $250,000. It is hard to believe how fast the entire Greenville area is changing. I do feel bad for the poor. I want to say they are moving to the Berea area, but new homes are going up there too. The only area in Greenville County that seems to be not affected by the dramatic changes is from White Horse/Hwy 253 to White Horse/Augusta Rd. It will be interesting to see where we are in 20 years. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sadly, the new building under construction for Joseph Bradley's new studio and the tattoo parlor burned last night. The building is apparently a total loss, but they plan to rebuild. They had previously expected to move in this December. 

I had not realized that they were that far along. I guess it's been longer than I realized since I had been to the butcher. 

• Sad 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/square-feet/plush-mill-to-welcome-design-studio

Plans are underway to bring a state-of-the-art design center for the luxury residential market to Plush Mills in early 2025.

The Greenville Design Center at Plush Mills, 141 Traction St., is slated to include more than 100,000 square feet in two new buildings at the property developed and owned by Greenville’s M Peters Group.

https://www.mpetersgroup.com/

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So Ava Laurenne Bride is opening up in the old Spatula Cafe and Methodical Coffee Roasting building across from Monaghan Mills.  Looks to be a high-end appointment only spot.  I think they will be using the whole building.  

Wonder if this is a precursor to the other retail type plans proposed at Monaghan Mill.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...