The Armory Thread

Liamlunchtray

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't help at my house that my downstairs neighbors were so overwhelmed by the plethora of trash receptacles we had that they simply threw their trash on the ground last week, in various states of bagged and not bagged. I was the grown up and swept it all up. :rolleyes:

I never saw a rat until I got a Mazda, myself. I think the conspiracy is alive.

Of course, then I found more rats, always dead, and figured out that the real problem was that one of the neighborhood cats had found a way into my garage and liked to leave its kills. (The dead bird gave it away). I don't know if it considered the dead animals payment for the accomodations or what. Anyway the neighbors (and their cat) moved, and I haven't seen one since.

Another reason to move to Pawtucket! less rats! :P

we had strays at our old house who would leave dead rats on the back stair, i'm sure as thanks for the kibble, and water and for rescuing their kittens and finding them new homes etc.

I would have preferred, however, a nice bottle of wine, or some chocolates.

Where we live now there are little dogs (a fast one with quite a prey drive and a slow one with a nap gene that should be cloned) who chase cats out of the yard but everyone once in a while the fast one will get a rat.

I see that PACE on the corner of westeminster/bridgham is doing used cars now too. Anyone know if this is kosher or are they also being rebelious? They even have signs and whatnot, whereas the place next to US GAS is a bit more under the radar. I want to live in the Restaurant Supply District and not the Shady Used Car district, dammit!

No idea what it is, and I'm not going to theorize. All I know is that I've read these last couple of pages several times in the last few hours and I'm still (even as I type) giggling like an idiot.

Maybe it's the mood I'm in, maybe I'm just tired, maybe it's the beer I had earlier, maybe it's a weird side-effect of two-day-old Thanksgiving leftovers, I dunno, but I'm finding this thread hysterical.

• 1 month later...

Where: Dexter Training Ground Park (meet near the playground)

When: this Saturday January 6th @ 9am

What: Cleanup!

We would like to take advantage of the warmer than average weather and have a cleanup of Dexter Park this Saturday @ 9am.

All are invited to help pickup litter, clean graffiti, and possibly some painting

I may be able to stop by...

On another topic, I noticed a flatbed truck with sheetrock on it parked outside of 1455 Westminster Street (one-story commercial bldg. slated to be a restaurant). I can't wait til this place opens up, hope it's gonna be a good spot.

I may be able to stop by...

On another topic, I noticed a flatbed truck with sheetrock on it parked outside of 1455 Westminster Street (one-story commercial bldg. slated to be a restaurant). I can't wait til this place opens up, hope it's gonna be a good spot.

UPDATE: DATE CHANGE DUE TO RAIN

Where: Dexter Training Ground Park (meet near the playground)

When: this SUNDAY January 7th@ 9am

What: Cleanup!

We would like to take advantage of the warmer than average weather and have a cleanup of Dexter Park this Sunday @ 9am.

All are invited to help pickup litter, clean graffiti, and possibly some painting…

Donuts and Coffee will be provided, first come first serve.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Baruch Sachs

Friends of Dexter Training Ground

We've already confirmed through Building & Inspections that auto sales at this paarcel is a violation. US Gas is a separate lot and it operates as a legal non-conforming use. The ordinance allows gas stations to perform minor auto repair e.g oil changes. If US Gas were to try to sell cars on its own lot, it would not be legal to expand a legal non-conforming use without a use variance. Auto sales is a separate use code from gas stations and minor auto repair. However, US Gas is leasing space at the adjacent lot for auto sales and this is definitely not an allowed use.

Westminster Street is not an exclusively residential zone (nor should it be). It is C-1 to create a mixed use residential and neighborhood commercial district. The Westminster Street Overlay District creates additional design regulations. Previous incarnations of the ZBR might have approved a use variance for auto sales at this location, but those days are gone.

Archived