The Armory Thread

Liamlunchtray

Looks like the "other funeral home" project is finally nearing completion

http://www.westminster-place.com

They had an open house last weekend. I think its odd that they havent done anything to spruce up the front portion of the building. As it is, it looks wildly out of place with the yellow siding they covered the back wing with and the shutters and big bay window up front. I somehow dont see this project as being anywhere near as well done as the "West Village" funeral home across the street.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like the "other funeral home" project is finally nearing completion

http://www.westminster-place.com

They had an open house last weekend. I think its odd that they havent done anything to spruce up the front portion of the building. As it is, it looks wildly out of place with the yellow siding they covered the back wing with and the shutters and big bay window up front. I somehow dont see this project as being anywhere near as well done as the "West Village" funeral home across the street.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know who to contact about plastic accumulating in a tree?

There's a tree immediately to the east of Broadway Gas - over the past 1.5 years, we have watched it slowly accumulate sheets of plastic (e.g., newspaper bags) in its upper branches. In fact, if the light is just right, it often looks like it has been TP'ed.

In any case, is there any way to try to get the stuff removed?

Anyone know who to contact about plastic accumulating in a tree?

There's a tree immediately to the east of Broadway Gas - over the past 1.5 years, we have watched it slowly accumulate sheets of plastic (e.g., newspaper bags) in its upper branches. In fact, if the light is just right, it often looks like it has been TP'ed.

In any case, is there any way to try to get the stuff removed?

Unrelated to anything - My wife got a haircut at the new Metropolis Salon on westminster street yesterday and it looks great and was a good bit less expensive than she normally pays on Hope Street. She said the people were super friendly and attentive and she got all sorts of compliments on her new do' through out the day. Thumbs up to having a nice salon at the end of our street!

Happy News!!

Seven Stars West is coming! Seven Stars signed a lease to take the former pharmacy space at the corner of Broadway and Knight Street that is owned by Armory. Renovation plans are underway. I don't know a timeline for construction/occupancy. They won't be baking on premise.

Archived