Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like 2 consecutive parking structures. Worst possible plan. Until the city requires some integrated retail, nothing will change.

Cool shot, RT. Nice. :thumbsup:

Does anyone else hate that that garage takes up so much space between Liberty Square 1 &2? I wish they'd build street level retail in front of it with condos or office space above.

Hey, I know where that is! Is anything being done with the old Price's Feed Store down the street? Here's my picture for the day:

385104149_1f6cc468ba.jpg

I think everyone know where this is.

I remember a sad story of a guy getting murdered in a holdup as he and his girlfriend were parked at that airport observation spot about 12 years ago or so.

I remember a sad story of a guy getting murdered in a holdup as he and his girlfriend were parked at that airport observation spot about 12 years ago or so.

Chris Hunter. Here's the link to that picture since we can't post more than one pic per day in this thread :shades: . http://www.flickr.com/photos/puskunk/385104334/

and here's the story behind it if you don't want to go there...

The murderer was a friend from the 4th grade, I had kept in a little bit of touch with him, we even got our licenses the same day. One summer night, the guy who got killed and his GF were at the observation point at the downtown airport when my friend Chris walked up and asked for a light. Chris Hunter gave him a light, and my friend pulled out a gun and demanded all his money. He gave it to him, and my friend shot and killed him anyway. He was deep into drugs at that point. His dad was my fifth grade teacher.

Great shots, puskunk! I particularly love that first one - especially how the stoplight looks in the distance! It's been my experience that the cold, lonely winter nights downtown are the best for photos of this nature...as long as you can avoid the pan handlers.

Ya, I had my camera stolen by one of them at the Peace Center about 9 years ago.

Hey, I know where that is! Is anything being done with the old Price's Feed Store down the street? Here's my picture for the day:

I think everyone know where this is.

The Cazbah is opening a location at the feed store.