Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure this has been posted on this thread sometime before, but thought there may be some of us that hadn't seen it:

www.greenvilledailyphoto.com

Thanks, EdPro! That's the new domain name for Denton's Greenville Daily Photo Blog. I don't think this particular URL has been posted and I've been meaning to do so for the past month, but keep forgetting. However, if anybody visited the old URL http://greenvilledailyphoto.blogspot.com/ you'll quickly notice that it is somewhat outdated (ended at the end of last year) and that there's a link to the new URL at the top of the page.

These daily photo blogs from around the globe are pretty cool. I'd start one for T.R.; howver, I fear I'd run out of things to photograph after just a few short months. :lol:

April 20, 2006

131282796_fdd90b026f_b.jpg

Great photo, NYT! Next time throw an invisibility cloak over that van, will ya? :lol:

To be honest with you, I still don't know the names of that many places around here, but I'm pretty sure that's not it. The location in the photo is fairly obscure; I had to look kind of hard to find a name for it. I think RT may know ...

Anyone else?

I didn't think it was that obscure at all. It's right off of Highway 276/State Road 11 on a pull-off just before before the two roads split, if it's the one I'm thinking of. There's usually someone there selling hot boiled peanuts and people having pic nic lunch. The river's on the other side of the highway, too.

Maybe this isn't the one I was thinking of?. :unsure:

There's a pretty good book out there on South Carolina's Waterfalls, if anyone is interested. Check it out HERE.

I have to admit, I haven't a clue what the official name of this place is. If you were to ask my wife, she'd probably tell you that I just refer to it as "the pull-off with the silly people wading in the water at the foot of the falls."

I believe that is known as Wildcat Falls.

April 24, 2006

133847390_a58078b05a_b.jpg