Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Table Rock is a beauty! :wub: Great angle! Which road were you on?

Yes, that has been one of my favorite views of Table Rock for many years. That is Table Rock Road (Cleveland, SC), which I recommend turning onto this road from Highway 8, just below the intersection with U.S. 276 (where it heads up to Caesar's Head). If you follow this road for a short while, you will come upon a simply gorgeous valley with a nice RV park called Palmetto Cove. Drive a short distance and you will see the location for the above photo. Drive even a bit further and you will find S. Saluda Road, where the Victoria Valley Vineyards is located. Shortly beyond that is Aunt Sue's Country Corner. It is a great road to drive if you want to experience rural Upstate beauty. :shades:

This photo was an attempt to capture the comfort of the shady gardens around Falls Cottage on a Sunday morning.

And capture it you did! I've got something of the same shot but sans people. I like yours better with the people enjoying the shady gardens. I am usually downtown between 7 and 8 in the a.m. and people are few and far between at that time of day.

Wow! Greenville "forum" photographers are indeed the cream of the crop! No one does better! This photo is now background for my desktop in my office...so today it's gotten plenty attention... in Berkeley, CA.

Thanks, Zahc! This is the desktop wallpaper on one of my laptops at the moment, too. If you want to use a larger size for your desktop, you can download it here. I may be out in Redwood Shores in September (not 100% confirmed yet) and I intend to take the camera with me this time. With any luck, I'll get some good shots of the area.

Thanks, Zahc! This is the desktop wallpaper on one of my laptops at the moment, too. If you want to use a larger size for your desktop, you can download it here. I may be out in Redwood Shores in September (not 100% confirmed yet) and I intend to take the camera with me this time. With any luck, I'll get some good shots of the area.

Cool! September is Indian Summer weather; THE city gets extremely hot (in the 90s) for one miserable week or is that in Oct? I can't seem remember. But you're be down the peninsular and close to San Francisco with your genius cameraWORK, which is even cooler.

Edited by Zahc

Cool! September is Indian Summer weather; THE city gets extremely hot (in the 90s) for one miserable week or is that in Oct? I can't seem remember. But you're be down the peninsular and close to San Francisco with your genius cameraWORK, which is even cooler.

Oh, I plan to venture up into Berkeley and Oakland while I'm there too, if I can swing it. I may even try to catch a Giants-Dodgers game while I'm at it. I've been wanting to see PacBell/SBC/at&t park for a while now. It looks like I can pretty much park & ride at Millbrae and ride the Caltrain within a block of the ballpark...that's something that's right up my alley, so I intend to take full advantage of it...should be a fun experience.

Oh, I plan to venture up into Berkeley and Oakland while I'm there too, if I can swing it. I may even try to catch a Giants-Dodgers game while I'm at it. I've been wanting to see PacBell/SBC/at&t park for a while now. It looks like I can pretty much park & ride at Millbrae and ride the Caltrain within a block of the ballpark...that's something that's right up my alley, so I intend to take full advantage of it...should be a fun experience.

PacBell (AT&T) Park is beautiful! And what's better than a Giants/Dodgers game...except maybe a Yankees/RedSox? I've only been to a few games when I worked at CharlesSchwab in Media/Marketing and the boss was always passing out free tickets or our whole dept. was always going out for an afternoon game when we were terribly busy (i have pics filed somewhere)...but it was always got rather cold (for me)! during evening games but the food was always good & the people fun and lively in the park; though, I believe most of the people came up from the peninsula...Getting out of the park was a nightmare though, esp. when riding a MUNI packed like sardines all the way back home.

Edited by Zahc

VERY nice shot, RT! That is a real beauty. It reminds me of how beautiful the evening games can be at West End Field as well.

Tuesday, 17-JUL-2007, AM Edition:

Despite the nice rain, the water remains extremely low during our drought. This photo is my best "Maninthepark" impression.

RiverPlaceSummer07_04.jpg

Going through the old archives here...

July 19, 2007 - A.M. Edition:

752185836_5f9444ef88_o.jpg

I have joined the ranks of Canon Rebelites... just purchased a Canon 400D (Rebel XTi) with a 18-55mm, a 70-300mm, big ole honkin' flash, and new filters... still have to get a 50mm 1.4... Eric, know of any sales?!?! Anyhow, I'm rejuvinated and ready to snap me some pics!

Going through the old archives here...

July 19, 2007 - A.M. Edition:

752185836_5f9444ef88_o.jpg

I have joined the ranks of Canon Rebelites... just purchased a Canon 400D (Rebel XTi) with a 18-55mm, a 70-300mm, big ole honkin' flash, and new filters... still have to get a 50mm 1.4... Eric, know of any sales?!?! Anyhow, I'm rejuvinated and ready to snap me some pics!

Welcome aboard! Which flash did you get? The 580 Mk II? Also, you've gotta tell me how you like that automatic sensor cleaning feature once you finally get around to using it. I don't know of any sales, but you may want to shop around a bit. I usually go through B&H Photo out of NY, but they're not always the best price. I've not been out to get any photos in Greenville recently, but I'm sure I'll have the itch to get out and snap some when I get home.

Welcome aboard! Which flash did you get? The 580 Mk II? Also, you've gotta tell me how you like that automatic sensor cleaning feature once you finally get around to using it. I don't know of any sales, but you may want to shop around a bit. I usually go through B&H Photo out of NY, but they're not always the best price. I've not been out to get any photos in Greenville recently, but I'm sure I'll have the itch to get out and snap some when I get home.

Oh PLEASE, RT... I work for the government... I don't make 580 Mk II money! When I said a big ole honkin' flash, I wasn't talking expensive... I was talking BIG. I got a Quantaray QTB9550D Bounce Flash and Canon module. I've never had a problem with Quantaray products and am not afraid to buy them. But they are not known for compactness.

As for the automatic sensor cleaner, it gets tiring real fast when its enabled to start every time the camera is turned on or off. I disabled that almost immediately. After changing a lens and using the camera the cleaner starts when you turn the camera off. I noticed that it starts if you let the auto shut off time run out... so here I go walking around taking some time in between shots and the darn thing just starts a cleaning cycle (which lasts about a minute).

Edited by Cricket

I haven't noticed the cleaning cycle to be intrusive at all. It only last a couple of seconds at most in my experience.

Then something must be wrong with mine, because it clicks along for 45 seconds to a minute. I'll check with Canon to see just how long it is supposed to run.