Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:offtopic: I know this is off topic, but the last few weeks I have been trying to restore and archive some of my Dads old photos, some of witch were in very bad shape. I just thought I would share one with

you guys.

This is a photo of C.R. Laughter [My Dad on the right ] doing maintenance on one of the [68] 40 mm AA guns aboard the U.S.S. Randolph [C.V.15 Ticonderoga class] aircraft carrier.

This was 1946 and my dad was 18 years old

V2T3FB.jpg

:offtopic: I know this is off topic, but the last few weeks I have been trying to restore and archive some of my Dads old photos, some of witch were in very bad shape. I just thought I would share one with

you guys.

This is a photo of C.R. Laughter [My Dad on the right ] doing maintenance on one of the [68] 40 mm AA guns aboard the U.S.S. Randolph [C.V.15 Ticonderoga class] aircraft carrier.

This was 1946 and my dad was 18 years old

How cool is that to have a pic of your dad working on the aircraft carrier! I've got pics of my dad when he served in Japan but they all seem to be during furlough... beer in hand... etc.

I thought about you this a.m. while I was wandering around Falls Park (about 7:45 a.m.) - wondering where you'd been!

Cricket

I have nothing "urbany" to share today as I've been concentrating my shots in Anderson lately. But, the pic is from Falls Park on the Reedy the other morning:

Friday, June 1st A.M. Edition:

521931074_f4b6c2cbac_o.jpg

Cricket

...ingenious shot that makes your photo resemble a Monet painting! The "blurry, almost bleeding" red effect of the plant in the backrop & hints of "sky" blue and green are superb...Good work!

...ingenious shot that makes your photo resemble a Monet painting! The "blurry, almost bleeding" red effect of the plant in the backrop & hints of "sky" blue and green are superb...Good work!

Thanks! I'm particularly pleased with this one myself.

Cricket

Very nice, GE Turbine Man!

Late afternoon edition for Wednesday, 06-JUN-2007:

I had one more Mast photo, but I'll skip over it and move onto something new...

528638673_1f5cda6ca8.jpg

Can anyone guess where this is without cheating? If you can't guess and would rather cheat, you can find more information and additional sizes HERE.