Little Rock's 300 3rd Tower

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may have misspoken. The building I am referring to you actually showed pictures of they other day. It has a wooden walkway over an open brick patio and faces W Markham on the North side.

That building is on the Eastside of the Clinton Library Store. The building next to it is also/was for sale. At one time there were renderings of how it could be redeveloped.

• 1 month later...

Yes. This is a modern, sophisticated tower that creates a healthy juxtaposition with the surrounding context - very well executed. It's looking great. It says "Hey, I was actually built in 2007!" and doesn't make any apology to it, which is how it should be. You don't have to resort to knee-jerk, knock-off "traditional" cliches, which never live up to the spirit of the original craftsmanship anyway.

I say all this in contrast to my first reaction to the Rivermarket Tower, in that it appears as bland as its name. I hope its just a poor rendering, and that the actual design proves a little more sophisticated. The pedestrian scale, mixed-use planning of that whole block for Rivermarket Tower is a plus however.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived