Little Rock's 300 3rd Tower

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I knew there was some. It just seems like a streetscape-killer but because of the location right next to the I-30 on-ramp it would've been tough to make that area walkable anyway.

I know you don't like the Moses Tucker mixed red-brick warehouse and modern high-rise them but I do. I think it actually makes the area fairly unique and doesn't completely erase the historical character of the area the way building everything like 300 Third and the Acxiom building would. I also think in 30-40 years those buildings will be less dated.

• 3 weeks later...

An article in Sunday's Dem-Gaz talked about 300 Third and some of the tenants that have purchased condos in the building including Steve Landers and the daughter of Witt Stephens. I've read elsewhere that Joe Johnson has also purchased a condo in 300 Third. The article also said that it should be completed on time and that 80% of the condos have been purchased.

An article in Sunday's Dem-Gaz talked about 300 Third and some of the tenants that have purchased condos in the building including Steve Landers and the daughter of Witt Stephens. I've read elsewhere that Joe Johnson has also purchased a condo in 300 Third. The article also said that it should be completed on time and that 80% of the condos have been purchased.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Arkansas Business says that the restaurant/grocery store to open up on the ground floor will be called the Copper Grill & Grocery. The name comes from the copper on the building. The south side has four bans of copper from the second floor to the top. Also, the ceiling of the overhang in front of where this building is located is also covered in copper.

I wonder if the copper will remain that color or will turn green in a few years and stain the concrete around it green?

Architect - do these buildings usually have a way of preventing that?

I saw a new house in Chenal with copper accents on the dormers where the green was running down the house. I would find that very irritating

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

300 Third officially opened, today, with a ribbon-cutting ceremony. According to channel 4, the building is now 88% sold, which is substantially greater than the 75% that Jimmy Moses expected by the end of 2007. Now, he predicts that all units will be sold by the end of the year. Channel 4

• 2 weeks later...

Archived