Sports in Arkansas

Mith242

Heath got his two more wins and probably will get into the tourney and save his job for now. I doubt this much for sagging attendance and mediocre recruiting unless we go far into the tourney. Recruits read the newspapers and know Heath was about to he shown the door.

I wonder if we can finish off the miracle tomorrow against Florida. They are beatable.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we make the tourney and get a 1st round game we have a good shot at against USC. Beat them and we probably have a rematch with Texas, a team we nearly beat the 1st time. Heath wins these two and he's not only kept his job but pleased the masses.

Spokane? Yeah, this is how a lot of people are going to feel when they find out they're going to LR next year.

Well, we make the tourney and get a 1st round game we have a good shot at against USC. Beat them and we probably have a rematch with Texas, a team we nearly beat the 1st time. Heath wins these two and he's not only kept his job but pleased the masses.

Spokane? Yeah, this is how a lot of people are going to feel when they find out they're going to LR next year.

The question now is will Stan keep his job, after a 17 point loss to a second year coach at a non-basketball university. The last two games they have lost big. Before the game Stan said the last four practices were the best they had had all year. What good did that do them? Arkansas was the only SEC team to be defeated in the first round.

I had forgotten about Heath's meeting with Broyles today. So I was a bit surprised to check out MSNBC.com and see that Heath was fired. I'm a little surprised to be honest. I thought maybe he had done enough in the SEC Tournament and the fact that other vacancies like Kentucky isn't going to help. I just figured they'd wait another year. Apparently not.

There's a lot of talk of Gillespie leaving A&M for Arkansas. Nothing is official but many seem pretty certain. I guess that would make more sense for Broyles to fire Heath unless he already had someone basically lined up to replace him.

There are rumors that the deal was ALREADY signed, sealed, and delivered before Heath was fired.

In fact, there are rumors that Gillespie has been chasing this job for two years.

I guess we'll just have to see. This would be a big coup for UA.

Wow. He had a 348-208 record (62%) at Creighton and others...

That's on par with Stan heath's 21-14 record at Arkansas this season (60%).

Not sure if this is a step up or down...

Hopefully Altman knows what he's dealing with, and he he'll work hard to pleasantly surprise us.

Otherwise I'm thinking we'll have a new coach in ~4 years.

Edit:// reading into him, he sounds pretty solid. Did pretty well at an obscure U., should do better at UA.

Wow. He had a 348-208 record (62%) at Creighton and others...

That's on par with Stan heath's 21-14 record at Arkansas this season (60%).

Not sure if this is a step up or down...

Hopefully Altman knows what he's dealing with, and he he'll work hard to pleasantly surprise us.

Otherwise I'm thinking we'll have a new coach in ~4 years.

Edit:// reading into him, he sounds pretty solid. Did pretty well at an obscure U., should do better at UA.

He reneged and went back to Creighton. Rumor is that despite the family reasons spun to the media this is because the Hogs have multiple players that look to be ineligible because of failing drug tests, skipping class, etc.

White's hiring a private consulting firm to conduct the search from here out.

We are positively screwed.

Nutt will be fired after next season, I'm sure of that. That's about all I have to look forward to.

Basketball is dead

Van Horn and McDonnell are the only two coaches on the hill worth their salt, though I think the new women's bball coach was a good hire.

Lots of rumors out there about the coaching situation. The most interesting (and least reliable) is Bobby Knight.

Mike Montgomery would be a guy I would've preferred to Altman in the first place. If he's really interested we should be all over him.

Archived