Icon on Bond

torgo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are harsh!!! Keep it up, and he'll have you all thrown into the moat with the croc's.

Dangit! I forgot my camera! I might have to run home and get it at lunch. :D They certainly have spruced up the site! Crappy tilt-up tent, big cement road blocks everywhere...classy! :blink: Looks more like a beer tent that something for the Governor. Maybe I'm being too harsh...I'll shut up now. :D

3 pm dont be late. Gatorland will be preforming a feeding demo for the new owners. BYOC (bring your own chickens). :P

The beer tent now has lots of chairs and some flowers, a little stage and podium, and some big yellow balloons with the icon on bond logo that say "going up"

Does anyone know if these buildings will be visible from the highway? Will it add something to the GR skyline for those driving in from the East? I thought that these were supposed to be 22 stories each? It must have become cost prohibative.....or was there some sort of ordinance that restricted the height?

Originally, yes, 22 was the plan. Now they are only 9, and they are UGLY. I am unsure how they got to be 9. But they will be very visible from the highway nonetheless...especially the south "tower"

Well shovels have hit the dirt, but it looks like Granholm didn't show up! :rofl: (That's what my co-workers are reporting)

And it is also rumored that Van Andel Institute bought an entire floor? I can neither confirm nor deny....anyone got anything on this??

Originally, yes, 22 was the plan. Now they are only 9, and they are UGLY. I am unsure how they got to be 9. But they will be very visible from the highway nonetheless...especially the south "tower"

Well shovels have hit the dirt, but it looks like Granholm didn't show up! :rofl: (That's what my co-workers are reporting)

And it is also rumored that Van Andel Institute bought an entire floor? I can neither confirm nor deny....anyone got anything on this??

I spoke with someone that was there and you are correct - All the Jenny G. hype and once again Moch could not make it happen. I have to say. I'm not surprised.

I spoke with someone that was there and you are correct - All the Jenny G. hype and once again Moch could not make it happen. I have to say. I'm not surprised.

:lol: No, I can't say that I am either.

I don't know why Van Andel would have purchase them, nor do I know if its true. It could just be a rumor. Please keep that in mind. I'm hoping that someone out there can shed more light on the subject. :whistling:

She probably was a little concerned when her invitation came addressed to "Gator bait". :D

Heck, maybe her staff did a little homework and found out that Joe Moch isn't the most, uhh, reputable fellow in the Greater GR area. Or maybe she just had more important things that required her attention.

I am a little bummed that she didn't show, I was anticipating lots of idiotic comments about how Icon is a great-looking project and should be held as an example of great urban development or some such thing. :P Oh well.

I think he is taking a wait and see attitude. That WZZM article almost made it seem like he was taking a "wait and see if I can sell the property" attitude.

Still, I am glad to see that it will be built. I sure do hope they fix the ground level though but I don't think that is going to happen.

Joe

I think he is taking a wait and see attitude. That WZZM article almost made it seem like he was taking a "wait and see if I can sell the property" attitude.

Still, I am glad to see that it will be built. I sure do hope they fix the ground level though but I don't think that is going to happen.

Joe

Yah, on the news I heard he said he was gonna wait and see if there was a market demand for the second one. I suppose I am glad it will be built, too. It'll be better than the big hole that's there now. I just wish he would do something with that ground floor. It's just so ugly. :sick:

I just hope he doesn't pull a Grooters and leave an empty hole in the ground for 13 years before he builds something. The best case scenario would be for an outside developer to buy it and build something a little more pedestrian friendly.

I know there was genuine interest from a chicago developer, but havent heard anything recently. Any info would be great :whistling:

Archived