Icon on Bond

torgo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do billboards sell condos?  Beause all the condo deals are using billboards.  The Fitzgerald has one east bound 196 just before 131.    I've seen Second Story with ads on city buses as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whether or not they SELL the condos, they definately get the word out. If it weren't for this board I wouldn't have known about the Fitz until that billboard went up. Now I see it every day and if I weren't a member here I would want to find out what it was all about and probably tell other people about it. It seems like a good use for a billboard in my opinion, although I can't say for sure.

Well, all week they've had barricades up on Trowbridge Street between Bond and Ottawa. My first thought was, "OMG, they're not really going to close off this street during a year-long project, are they? What a PITA!"

But, as usual, nothing is happening. We just drive around the barricades.

Believe it or not, Icon on Bond is listed as house no. 84 on the Grand Rapids Parade of Homes the next two weekends....

Wonder if folks will have to wear the little plastic booties to tour the site?

http://www.hbaggr.com/Default.aspx?tabid=130

If you have trouble finding it, search under Builder = Fryling Construction

lol

:blink:

Well, all week they've had barricades up on Trowbridge Street between Bond and Ottawa. My first thought was, "OMG, they're not really going to close off this street during a year-long project, are they? What a PITA!"

But, as usual, nothing is happening. We just drive around the barricades.

This is sad. Now I'm replying to my own posts.... Oh well.

There has been some activity on the Icon on Bond site this week. A backhoe was on site Monday and has scraped the weeds and a layor of soil off the site. They also plopped down a big load of fencing pieces.

The utility companies have been here too. Trowbridge street is all painted up, with arrows and lines showing the underground utilities.

I can't wait 'til they dig down 10 feet and discover the 20 foot thick layer of bedrock as the property owners next door did back in 1991 when they installed an elevator in the building. It took months of daily grinding with a 16" diamond tipped drill/saw to punch through. I've been told this was the historic site of the Grand River before nature or man moved it west a few hundred yards. With any luck they'll miss it.

That's all.

Has anyone seen that "Project Financing" sign Moch has in the North lot? It lists national investors, under which are a bunch of companies I've never heard of. And under "Local Investors" there is nothing. Hey Joe, is that your financial backing or your stock portfolio? Sheeesh...

Anyone have a picture of that? If not, I'll get one and post it this weekend...

BTW

"Linky" is a trademarked, copyrighted, registered, patented, exclusive term of Kib, Inc. and affiliates, and may not be copied, reproduced, retransmitted or otherwise redistributed without express permission of Kib, Inc. or the comissioner of Major League baseball.

You, however have unlimited use thereof, without fee, licence, franchise payment or other consideration into perpetuity....

Maybe that's his idea of mowing the weeds

Does anyone know how Moch got his project on the parade? I was under the impression that you had to have completed projects to be on the parade. What is he showing?..... ....... Snake handling followed by free " kool aide" Ill bet. on the upside maybe the rumored sale of the north lot is going forward. Sure would be nice if anyone had the scoop :whistling:

Does anyone know how Moch got his project on the parade? I was under the impression that you had to have completed projects to be on the parade. What is he showing?..... ....... Snake handling followed by free " kool aide" Ill bet. on the upside maybe the rumored sale of the north lot is going forward. Sure would be nice if anyone had the scoop :whistling:

I don't have the scoop, but my boss and I were talking about this yesterday, and he had a possible theory on why there is dirt being moved around and port-a-jons on the site. In many municipalities, site plan approvals can expire if the builder doesn't build anything. If Moch got the go-ahead several months ago, maybe expiration is getting close or has passed, so he decided to dig a hole two and move some dirt so he can say "Look! I've started building!" and keep his site plan approval valid, thus his property value stays higher.

Just a thought :whistling:

Plus, the salesperson didn't even know that the granite counters in their showroom "kitchen" were Uba Tuba, which anyone who works with interiors can spot Uba Tuba in a second.

I'm not an interior guy.. so uh.. is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I find it very interesting that they graded the north lot to hide the weeds earlier this week and now they have actually started dumping dirt and rocks on the site. I'm not sure where the material is coming from but it seems pretty strange that they would dump material on the site that would later have to be removed for the tower to be built.

This question is hypothetical and may require its own thread. " What is it like to work for Joe Moch?" Did the sales people in the model have two heads?

Hmm. I would think it would be, um, frustrating to say the least. Another thing that I'm curious about is the people who have bought/reserved a unit. I would think they'd be losing their patience by now.

Salesperson: "Construction starts spring '05. No, wait, summer '05. No, wait, August first. Okay, what I meant by August First was...October or November."

Buyer: "Oh screw it, I'm goin' to Riverhouse."

This morning, (Monday, 10/10/05) both "Atwell Hicks" and "Remedial Services" are on the south site installing more flags, etc. Looks like footing locations to me. AH has a little table set up. I thoughit was breakfast at first, but I think it might be soil/water testing equipment. The "remedial" truck has a large machine sticking out the rear. It looks like it could be a drill, or a sonar-type device. I'm not in the construction business, so I don't know.

And yes, that north site looks a little nicer now. That's just what I would have done, if I were planning to sell it. :whistling:

Archived