Pyramids Village

mediamongrel

There were a lot of cars in the Wal-Mart parking lot this afternoon. I'm assuming a lot of people are applying for jobs or something. There was also a Pepsi truck there. Must be filling the coolers. Also, the big Wal-Mart Supercenter sign has now been installed on the front of the building.

Look at the type of cars, if they're mostly Impalas, Fusions, Tauruses, or Malibus that's corporate folk and brokers setting shelves and sections. If you have a much wider mix, ok then they're applying for jobs or working for the actual store.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been up there in a while, have they done anything with the old Ward's service center building yet. I figured Taylor tire (I think it's still called that) would move into that building.

They haven't done anything to it. It's the only piece of CCM that's still remaining.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard the opening date is suppose to be Aug 16th for the new Wal-Mart. It really has come along fast.

August 16? Man, that's 2 weeks from today. That's awesome! It would have been neat if it were opening this Friday (August 4) because that's CCM's 30th birthday.

• 2 weeks later...

The Wal-Mart is indeed opening tomorrow. Anyone see the article in today's News & Record? I thought it was pretty interesting.

I saw the WFMY News 2 report on it on Sunday saying that they opened this past weekend to give shoppers a taste of what the new store was like.

According to the FOX 8 News, CCM has been closed for over 10 years. I seriously doubt it was that long. I say at least 1999 or later. Also, did you catch the old pictures of CCM on WFMY?

Maybe the indoor retail portion was closed for 10 years but I can remember going to Montgomery Wards in 1999 and I think 2000.

Maybe the indoor retail portion was closed for 10 years but I can remember going to Montgomery Wards in 1999 and I think 2000.

Well I remember going through the mall corridor many times up until 1997 or 1998. My last trip through the corridor when it was open was March of 2001. I do know Montgomery Ward closed in 2002.

Archived