Tallahassee Regional Airport

Florida

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drudge just broke this not too long ago...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8...;show_article=1

I wouldnt think it would have any short term effect, but it may knock a competitor out of the picture in the long run.

I'm not sure how to swallow this news. I think having United Airlines in Tallahassee would be a plus, yet I don't know enough about them, their prices, customer service reputation to make a sound decision.

I'm not sure how to swallow this news. I think having United Airlines in Tallahassee would be a plus, yet I don't know enough about them, their prices, customer service reputation to make a sound decision.

United has about the worst customer service I've ever dealt with in an airline. I would gladly never fly on one of their flights ever again.

Delta on the otherhand I really enjoy and I would hate to see this merger go anywhere but into the trash.

United has about the worst customer service I've ever dealt with in an airline. I would gladly never fly on one of their flights ever again.

Delta on the otherhand I really enjoy and I would hate to see this merger go anywhere but into the trash.

Ah man, I feel exactly the opposite on this one as you Rachiroo. My United experiences have been great even when a problem comes along, but Delta it's hell from start to finish.

If this merger occurs, it really should not effect much going on out at TLH IMHO since Delta will retain a hub at ATL. Maybe we'll even get a ORD (Chicago) flight one day. A merger between Delta and USAirways or NW would probably effect TLH more negatively since they are all already here.

This will never happen. It was all spurred by nothing more than a letter from a Hedge Fund.

There is absolutely no way the DOJ would allow this, it would be a monster.

I figured it might not happen johnatl and you make a good point as to why not. In some shape or form, Delta has threatened a merger w/just about every airline there is. What's next Amtrak?

AMERICAN EAGLE TO RESUME AIRLINE SERVICE TO TALLAHASSEE EFFECTIVE MARCH 2, 2008.

Effective 3/2/08 American Eagle will begin 2x daily Regional Jet (Embraer 140) service from Tallahassee to Miami.

tlh-MIA 9:10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. (Flt # 4519)

tlh-MIA 6:05 p.m. - 7:25 p.m. (Flt # 4523)

MIA-tlh 7:15 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. (Flt # 4516)

MIA-tlh 4:10 p.m. -5:40 p.m. (Flt # 4522)

The official press release will come some time this week from AA, but the flights have already been added to computer flight databases and websites such as Expedia.

Insiders say they are adding this flight IN SPITE OF Tallahassee's loyalty to Delta (whose connection service already flies this route), because Miami customers will be willing to switch over (since AA has a hub there). Not only that, but they also say that if the flight does well, AA might add a third TLH-MIA flight by the end of 2008 and a very strong chance of one DFW-TLH flight and perhaps one ORD (Chicago)-TLH flight to match service with that of Ft. Walton Beach and Mobile. Tallahassee has actually been on AA's radar screen for quite a while, and they've just been waiting for some of their airplanes to be freed up from existing routes (like the Raleigh-Louisville route that's being cancelled in January).

I know one thing's for sure - I'll probably fly back to Tallahassee from Raleigh connecting through Miami. RDU-MIA-TLH routing will get me around the Atlanta mess, give me a taste of the tropics in winter, and probably be less expensive, since RDU is a focus city for AA, so they tend to price the best out of our airport up here to maintain market share parity with LCCs (yes, parity, not dominance, because RDU flyers were savvy enough up here to not keep all their loyalties with AA after AA dismantled their eastern RDU hub).

^I was about to post this news. Glad it made it to UP forms.

But one correction, RDU isn't a "Focus City" for AA per say. AA really doesn't have any of those. Take away the corporate underwriting and that station looks just like any other out station in their system.

AMERICAN EAGLE TO RESUME AIRLINE SERVICE TO TALLAHASSEE EFFECTIVE MARCH 2, 2008.

Effective 3/2/08 American Eagle will begin 2x daily Regional Jet (Embraer 140) service from Tallahassee to Miami.

tlh-MIA 9:10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. (Flt # 4519)

tlh-MIA 6:05 p.m. - 7:25 p.m. (Flt # 4523)

MIA-tlh 7:15 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. (Flt # 4516)

MIA-tlh 4:10 p.m. -5:40 p.m. (Flt # 4522)

The official press release will come some time this week from AA, but the flights have already been added to computer flight databases and websites such as Expedia.

Insiders say they are adding this flight IN SPITE OF Tallahassee's loyalty to Delta (whose connection service already flies this route), because Miami customers will be willing to switch over (since AA has a hub there). Not only that, but they also say that if the flight does well, AA might add a third TLH-MIA flight by the end of 2008 and a very strong chance of one DFW-TLH flight and perhaps one ORD (Chicago)-TLH flight to match service with that of Ft. Walton Beach and Mobile. Tallahassee has actually been on AA's radar screen for quite a while, and they've just been waiting for some of their airplanes to be freed up from existing routes (like the Raleigh-Louisville route that's being cancelled in January).

I know one thing's for sure - I'll probably fly back to Tallahassee from Raleigh connecting through Miami. RDU-MIA-TLH routing will get me around the Atlanta mess, give me a taste of the tropics in winter, and probably be less expensive, since RDU is a focus city for AA, so they tend to price the best out of our airport up here to maintain market share parity with LCCs (yes, parity, not dominance, because RDU flyers were savvy enough up here to not keep all their loyalties with AA after AA dismantled their eastern RDU hub).

Woot go TLH

Insiders say they are adding this flight IN SPITE OF Tallahassee's loyalty to Delta (whose connection service already flies this route

FANTASTIC NEWS!

Did the press release really include the above sentence or is that your own words? If so, that's pretty funny (sadly) and oh so true.

The schedule times do favor the Miami based traveller b/c the Tally traveller will have a shorter biz day in SFL if they are going for just the day, however that's more of an observation than a complaint. They could have given us over-all much worse travel times. The DFW and ORD flights should be our goal w/this service.

I wonder how much COT will promote this new service and if they do it, will they do it properly? Or will they just sit on their hands and let it silently start-up w/out much fanfare which falls in line w/our continuing to be Delta's whipping boy?

How do you specifically think COT should promote this new service?

FL, Amtrak has still NOT resumed their Sunset Limited service West of New Orleans to Jax after Katrina.

FANTASTIC NEWS!

Did the press release really include the above sentence or is that your own words? If so, that's pretty funny (sadly) and oh so true.

The schedule times do favor the Miami based traveller b/c the Tally traveller will have a shorter biz day in SFL if they are going for just the day, however that's more of an observation than a complaint. They could have given us over-all much worse travel times. The DFW and ORD flights should be our goal w/this service.

I wonder how much COT will promote this new service and if they do it, will they do it properly? Or will they just sit on their hands and let it silently start-up w/out much fanfare which falls in line w/our continuing to be Delta's whipping boy?

How do you specifically think COT should promote this new service?

FL, Amtrak has still NOT resumed their Sunset Limited service West of New Orleans to Jax after Katrina.

Billboards like they put up for AirTran all around the city would be nice for starters. What Raleigh/Durham's airport authority does whenever RDU gets new service is saturate the market with TV and radio ads. They literally run daily 30-second ads for at least a month during the evening news and other point shows when local viewership will be high (i.e. ACC basketball). Ditto for the radio stations. COT really needs to jump on this opportunity, like you said, because of the ORD and DFW possibilities. Those are both AA hubs, so it would actually be embarassing if we weren't able to get these nonstops while Ft. Walton, Pensacola, Mobile, and Gulfport already have them. It'll be interesting to see how this route does, considering that DL has intra-state contracts with our state government against which AA will have to compete. Again, the target is going to be the Miami crowd, with hopes of warming Tallahasseeans to the idea of AA in the process to build the rapport necessary to have successful DFW and ORD service.

The Delta loyalty thing will definitely NOT be in the official press release - but yeah, it's pretty funny how Tallahassee's love fest with Delta is notorious enough that other airlines take it into consideration in their scuttlebutt and while crunching the numbers. The press release will probably mention how Tallahassee is the capital city, Miami is a hub and gateway to AA's extensive Caribbean network, and OneWorld will open up a world of new airline partners and codeshares that Tallahassee doesn't yet have (we have StarAlliance and Skyteam airlines only)...the boilerplate propoganda.

I just hope that COT doesn't try to take credit for working hard with AA to start this service. Tallahassee has been a market AA has been eyeing literally for years, and it was again just a matter of having the planes to fly it. Elmo Bumblef**k could've been mayor of Tallahassee and AA still would've pursued this service.

I just hope that COT doesn't try to take credit for working hard with AA to start this service. Tallahassee has been a market AA has been eyeing literally for years, and it was again just a matter of having the planes to fly it. Elmo Bumblef**k could've been mayor of Tallahassee and AA still would've pursued this service.

Well that didn't take long...from http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/11615041.html

"It is the result of more than two years of work with the airline by Mayor John Marks and other city leaders. 'We are committed to bringing competitive air service to Tallahassee and believe that this expanded service route will lead to other successes,' said Marks."

*COUGH*

At least his cryptic "lead to other successes" statement seems to suggest he's at least aware of the DFW and ORD possibilities. Now hopefully they actually take active steps to make it happen.

Currently our Airport leaders are running a "glorious" ad campaign about who needs to be on the Aviation Hall of Fame. What waste of money!!!!

That same ad campaign money could have been used to spur interest in filling up seats to capacity or just raising awareness on the convenience of fights out of Tallahassee or informing the flying public which flights save you the most money like they do at other regional airports that don't have a discount carrier.

Nevertheless, We welcome AA back to Tallahassee. Hopefully, this will be a permanent marriage and will cause costs to be lowered on flights to and from South Fla.

ok so heres my first post>>>i'm from miami but im going to fsu, i mostly post on skyscrapercity but thought i'd join you guys and talk a bit about tallahassee.

Anyways my two cents on this is that its great, if anyone has ever flown through delta to miami chances are you were charged over 350 dollars, while if you left from jacksonville on AA it only cost 200, so it s good for delta to get some competiton.

ok so heres my first post>>>i'm from miami but im going to fsu, i mostly post on skyscrapercity but thought i'd join you guys and talk a bit about tallahassee.

Anyways my two cents on this is that its great, if anyone has ever flown through delta to miami chances are you were charged over 350 dollars, while if you left from jacksonville on AA it only cost 200, so it s good for delta to get some competiton.

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet {sodEmoji.|} Tallahassee fsunoles! :yahoo:

Happy you decided to join us. I personally enjoy reading about this great news. I can't wait to get back to Tallahassee so I can get more indepth coverage. As for what I've experienced, I've not flown from TLH to another Florida City since AirTran left. There's simply no economic incentive to do so. But when AirTran was in town, I know they had me down for at least 5 Roundtrip Flights to MIA alone.

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet {sodEmoji.|} Tallahassee fsunoles! :yahoo:

Happy you decided to join us. I personally enjoy reading about this great news. I can't wait to get back to Tallahassee so I can get more indepth coverage. As for what I've experienced, I've not flown from TLH to another Florida City since AirTran left. There's simply no economic incentive to do so. But when AirTran was in town, I know they had me down for at least 5 Roundtrip Flights to MIA alone.

Dont look for much "indepth" coverage from the Tallahassee media outlets.

^ Well I know better than that! :lol: I'm talking about reading the UrbanPlanet Material a bit closer and surfing the net with something other than a 28K internet connection. I can't wait to get back home. This dial-up mess is dragging me down. It took about 30 minutes to load this one page alone.

• 3 weeks later...

DayJet Adds more Cities

DayJet Corp. has announced expansion of its on-demand airline service network to 28 new destinations across Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Mississippi. The network expansion comes 60 days after the official launch of the company's jet service in Tallahassee in October. Effective immediately, flights may be booked to the following cities, dubbed DayPorts by the airline: Boca Raton, Daytona Beach, Destin, Fort Pierce, Gainesville, Jacksonville, Key West, Kissimmee, Lakeland, Leesburg, Melbourne, Miami/Opa-Locka, Naples, Ocala, West Palm Beach, Panama City, Pensacola, Punta Gorda, Sanford, Sarasota, Sebring, St. Augustine, and St. Petersburg; Dothan, Fairhope and Mobile, Ala.; Albany, Brunswick, Savannah, Valdosta and Waycross, Ga.; and Pascagoula, Miss.

Source: TDO.com

DayJet Adds more Cities

DayJet Corp. has announced expansion of its on-demand airline service network to 28 new destinations across Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Mississippi. The network expansion comes 60 days after the official launch of the company's jet service in Tallahassee in October. Effective immediately, flights may be booked to the following cities, dubbed DayPorts by the airline: Boca Raton, Daytona Beach, Destin, Fort Pierce, Gainesville, Jacksonville, Key West, Kissimmee, Lakeland, Leesburg, Melbourne, Miami/Opa-Locka, Naples, Ocala, West Palm Beach, Panama City, Pensacola, Punta Gorda, Sanford, Sarasota, Sebring, St. Augustine, and St. Petersburg; Dothan, Fairhope and Mobile, Ala.; Albany, Brunswick, Savannah, Valdosta and Waycross, Ga.; and Pascagoula, Miss.

Source: TDO.com

Yea I saw this... Im glad... I would be interested to know how many people are using this service, but i am equally excited about the new American Airlines flights starting in March, woohoooooooooooo... :P:lol:

Yea I saw this... Im glad... I would be interested to know how many people are using this service, but i am equally excited about the new American Airlines flights starting in March, woohoooooooooooo... :P:lol:

I've been concerned about the American Airlines bit since I learned they'd sold American Eagle.

Archived