Tallahassee Regional Airport

Florida

Thanks Lexy for the great info and SD for the nice pix of the new cargo area. You are right SD, it would be a great idea to move UPS from Commonwealth out to the airport. Their facility out in Commonwealth is pretty tattered looking. Plus that old space could be used for a new biz in the county.

Lexy, I understand everything that you explained, but I still despise Delta so much so that I do everything in my power not to fly them. I have to fly them at the end of October and I'm already having guilt about that. I understand there isn't too much that the City Commission and the head of the airport can do about it, but I sure don't want them to just sit there, smile and take it. The worst part for me is that I KNOW that Delta can fly here for cheaper b/c they did it for the two years that AirTran was here. Of course once AT left the market, the old Delta we know came back into being. Of the ones I could really kick in the fannies are the monkeys that continued to fly Delta when AT came on the scene. If you connect the dots, they are really the bad guys in all of this IMHO.

I am all for our airport being run by an Authority. The same goes for our utilities. I think both entities need a board that deals only w/those specific problems and situations. The Commission members have too much on their plates to deal w/either entity effectively and efficiently. Of course if these authorities were established, our Commission would have to listen and yield to their expertise which I think they'd find very hard to do. Also they'd need to appoint members to the authority that are professionals and have knowledge in the field and not appoint their wives's brother-in-laws or their hunting buddies which if you look into local board memberships, you'll find that occurs far too often.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seminole you must be a mind reader. I was on Capital Circle today after work and I saw exactly what you're talking about. I wanted to turn in but I saw the site too late and I didn't want to cause an accident. I want to get back over there tomorrow, but I probably won't because I've got a full schedule already. Maybe Sunday! :)

^ My guess is that it's either the Neff Equipment Rental facility or the Classic Motor Car Storage facility. I'm not sure where on the property you saw this activity but Neff is inside the circle & Classic is outside the circle in the back left corner. But then again, it could be something else altogether, which I hope it is. That business park has sat there vacant waaaay too long.

I BELIEVE THIS MAY BE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING AT:

Project Name: Classic Motor Storage

General Type: Commercial

Total Acres: 2.21

Lots/Units: Type:

Lots/Units: Type:

SF: 25,000 Type: Warehouse

SF: Type: Status: Approved

Location/Address: West side of Aviation Ave., approx. 700 feet north of Capital Circle SW

Jurisdiction: City

Review: Type A

Additional IDs:

Comments: Site Plan (TSP070031) signed 07/09/2007, environmental and building permit under review; Climate controlled automobile storage facility.

Very nice Glenn! I think that new live information display would look even better on the Airport's very own professionally designed website!

Also, did you notice in the traffic stats for August 07 v. August 06 we see the first increase in passenger traffic in nearly 2 years or more. 4407 extra flyer's over last years.

Very nice Glenn! I think that new live information display would look even better on the Airport's very own professionally designed website!

Also, did you notice in the traffic stats for August 07 v. August 06 we see the first increase in passenger traffic in nearly 2 years or more. 4407 extra flyer's over last years.

i was gonna post that taurean!!! keep it up TLH...

I saw that too guys. I wasn't going to say anything yet b/c I was hoping it might be a trend. Only time will tell.....

Hey maybe a small trend is starting to develop? Sept. '07 figures are in and it shows an increase of 3,156 passengers over Sept. '06 figures. It's not much, but it's better than almost 2 yrs of decreases we've been seeing. Hopefully this increase will continue until the end of the year and beyond. I'll be doing my part to add to the TLH figures in Oct. and Nov.

Probably going to be flying once a month. Fortunately I won't have to pay for the whole thing, but it still hurts.

I looked into the grey hound/flying out of Jax option but I'd only save 100 bucks. I have had issues with grey hound being on time and don't want to risk missing my flight. Now 200 bucks...I might reconsider...

Interesting. I'd say the increase is probably due to the Special Sessions, but hopefully as you stated Poonther, the trend will continue.

True, but in past where there has been a decrease in flyers, we've also had special session. Heck isn't there just a continuous special session now?

My nephew use to regularly ride Greyhound from TLH to Jax, but not to use the airport. The bus was always late, coming and going, and every time I picked up my nephew at the bus station, he was always fuming. He'd get particularly mad when the bus was already an hour or so late and they'd still stop in Madison for over 30 minutes to eat some fast food.

Tallahassee Regional Airport

In Pictures

Here are some pictures taken today of Tallahassee's very nice airport. Say what you will, this airport facility is more than adequate, only in need of an airline that will bring in prices low enough to lure Tallahassee's travelers.

Outside of Terminal

Main Building

TallahasseeAirportTerminal.jpg

Airplane Gates

ContinentalAirlinesTLH.jpg

Loading Area

CarLoadingAreaatTallahasseeRegional.jpg

Airport Trashcans

TallahasseeRegionalAirportTrashCans.jpg

Inside the Terminal

Main Entry

MainEntrytoTallahasseeRegional.jpg