Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

There's starting to be some more complaints as more construction starts up around developments around Dickson St. A number of restaurant owners say that sales are already dropping before major phases of construction start along areas of Dickson St for proposed multi-use developments.

It should.

Hey I heard about a bookstore coming to the 9 story parking garage in the UofA.

Any news on that?

I don't think I've heard about the bookstore, but it sounds like there will a lot of thing open in a month or so. I'm wanting to check it out after it opens and also take pics of course. I'm trying to remember everything I've heard. A car wash and a bank. I heard of several other things but I can't recall them at the moment.

I don't think I've heard about the bookstore, but it sounds like there will a lot of thing open in a month or so. I'm wanting to check it out after it opens and also take pics of course. I'm trying to remember everything I've heard. A car wash and a bank. I heard of several other things but I can't recall them at the moment.

So I guess there trying to lure more people into using the parking garage then?

So I guess there trying to lure more people into using the parking garage then?

I'm not sure if it's that or if they just want to have amenities along with it. Then again I suppose the university is looking to get more people to pay to use it then tempt people to spend more money with stores and such there.

I'm not sure if it's that or if they just want to have amenities along with it. Then again I suppose the university is looking to get more people to pay to use it then tempt people to spend more money with stores and such there.

Probably.

But it should complement the whole downtown feel in that area.

Probably.

But it should complement the whole downtown feel in that area.

Ironically it's just about surrounded by houses. I guess it's not too far from the downtown area, but not exactly real close either. Not sure when they might start considering taking out any of those houses in the area. I think a lot of people make money from them renting them to students. I'm sure the university would like to have some of that property though. They're always looking to buy land that's anywhere close to it. Maybe the university will start considering building up more in the future.

Ironically it's just about surrounded by houses. I guess it's not too far from the downtown area, but not exactly real close either. Not sure when they might start considering taking out any of those houses in the area. I think a lot of people make money from them renting them to students. I'm sure the university would like to have some of that property though. They're always looking to buy land that's anywhere close to it. Maybe the university will start considering building up more in the future.

Yeah, may'be they could put condos or something like that there.

That would be nice.

Yeah, may'be they could put condos or something like that there.

That would be nice.

Not sure if something like that would work real well at the moment. But I would like to see more condos outside the Dickson St area. Although there will eventually start having some around the Square area. Then there's even that one on the other side of the university. But I hope they can branch out to other areas. Although I won't complain if they simply keep putting more into the areas they're going into now.

After going to Qdoba to pick up some food I still haven't seen a whole lot going on around most of the areas of development so far. At least the future Legacy Building has some concrete poured and they have a big crane in now. Other than that most of them are mainly just a lot of dirt so far.

After going to Qdoba to pick up some food I still haven't seen a whole lot going on around most of the areas of development so far. At least the future Legacy Building has some concrete poured and they have a big crane in now. Other than that most of them are mainly just a lot of dirt so far.

Any steel up at the Legacy Building?

I heard that they are practically sold out of condos, which is great.

Any steel up at the Legacy Building?

I heard that they are practically sold out of condos, which is great.

Not that I saw but I only drove near the area. But yeah I think most of the condo projects in the area have already sold a lot of all of their condos already before they've even been built.

Not that I saw but I only drove near the area. But yeah I think most of the condo projects in the area have already sold a lot of all of their condos already before they've even been built.

I haven't heard any numbers on the condo projects in Rogers.

The New Hope Condo Project has a lot of homes going up, I really wouldn't consider them condos but more like large family homes.

Construction has started on the 4 3 story buildings behind the Scottsdale Center. Two foundations have been poured so far.

Not sure on the Condos in the Shopps at Pinnacle Hills area.

Then there's the condos at the Peaks development, which I think is about half sold out.

Horsebarn Rd. also has a few condo projects going on, but I can't keep up with all of them.

No news on the downtown Rogers condo project either. I think the construction firm is still renevating the old Peachtree at the Lane building, but not sure.

I wish these developers would inform the public a little more, instead of informing the media every 4 months or so.

I haven't heard any numbers on the condo projects in Rogers.

The New Hope Condo Project has a lot of homes going up, I really wouldn't consider them condos but more like large family homes.

Construction has started on the 4 3 story buildings behind the Scottsdale Center. Two foundations have been poured so far.

Not sure on the Condos in the Shopps at Pinnacle Hills area.

Then there's the condos at the Peaks development, which I think is about half sold out.

Horsebarn Rd. also has a few condo projects going on, but I can't keep up with all of them.

No news on the downtown Rogers condo project either. I think the construction firm is still renevating the old Peachtree at the Lane building, but not sure.

I wish these developers would inform the public a little more, instead of informing the media every 4 months or so.

I agree with you there. After seeing some developments in other cities where the developers have extensive websites and such. It's disappointing to not have many like that for our area. At least some in Rogers have webcams, the ones in Fayetteville don't even have that.

I heard of a night club suppose to be built near Chuck E Cheese, and a whole bunch of people were throwing a fit over it.

Weird I don't think I heard about that. Ozark natural Foods in on the north side of the shopping center. Chuck E Cheese is on the south side. I think there's been some empty retail space in there. Evelyn Hills has always been one of the least appreciated major shopping centers in fayetteville since I've been here. It also got worse after Montgomery Ward's closed down.

Weird I don't think I heard about that. Ozark natural Foods in on the north side of the shopping center. Chuck E Cheese is on the south side. I think there's been some empty retail space in there. Evelyn Hills has always been one of the least appreciated major shopping centers in fayetteville since I've been here. It also got worse after Montgomery Ward's closed down.

I heard it was actually suppose to be near Evelyn Hills or in it.