Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

This came up in the restaurant topic but thought I'd mention it here. It's not a restaurant but I've found a place that's selling Indian food amoung others. The Harp's I usually shop at has been in the process of a remodel. They just added an international section. The Asian stuff I've mainly seen before at other places but I was surprised at some of the other stuff. Quite a bit of Mediterranean and some Indian, looks like maybe there was even some Middle Eastern food. So even if we don't have any Indian restaurants for the time being I can try to fix some myself now.

Really, Is it just at that Harps?

I've found the Wal-Mart off Pleasant Grove Road has about the biggest International selection up here. They have a good section of Hispanic Groceries, Punjabi (Indian), Some Meditteranean, and a little Jewish and Middle-Eastern.

Does Fayetteville not have an Indian Restaurant?

I know Bentonville does, the Star of India, which actually opened this year.

Really, Is it just at that Harps?

I've found the Wal-Mart off Pleasant Grove Road has about the biggest International selection up here. They have a good section of Hispanic Groceries, Punjabi (Indian), Some Meditteranean, and a little Jewish and Middle-Eastern.

Does Fayetteville not have an Indian Restaurant?

I know Bentonville does, the Star of India, which actually opened this year.

I think quite a few of the Harp's have hispanic but I think a lot of what they recently put in is totally new for Harp's. I heard they are considering putting a little of it into some of their other stores. I think there's a little Jewish food too but it's not in the international section. I would imagine that the Wal-mart probably has a better selection. The Harp's I'm referring to isn't even the biggest one in Fayetteville. If I'm ever in that area maybe I'll have to check out the international section section at that one on Pleasant Grove Rd. As far as I can tell there isn't an Indian restaurant in Fayetteville right now. I do know there was one in the past. I think the one up there might be the only one in northwest Arkansas at the moment.

Looks like the VA Hospital will be getting a new addition here in Fayetteville. Congress has passed a bill that looks to give the hospital around $60M. But construction probably won't start till 2008. Around 50,000 veterans use the facility each year including ones from Missouri and Oklahoma.

Looks like the VA Hospital will be getting a new addition here in Fayetteville. Congress has passed a bill that looks to give the hospital around $60M. But construction probably won't start till 2008. Around 50,000 veterans use the facility each year including ones from Missouri and Oklahoma.

Wow, sounds like quite an expansion.

Any ideas on their plans?

Wow, sounds like quite an expansion.

Any ideas on their plans?

I'll have to watch the news again to see if I can catch more details. They mentioned something about the VA getting a little cramped for space and that they have over 40 acres of land so there's plenty of space to add on.

Seems like they mentioned what type of things they would put or move in the addition but I can't remember now.

Beautiful facility, that VA. It's pretty small by VA standards and probably needs an expansion, the vets have to be shipped to Little Rock for just about anything right now. Parts of NW Oklahoma and especially SW Missouri go there, there's no VA in the Springfield/Branson area.

Beautiful facility, that VA. It's pretty small by VA standards and probably needs an expansion, the vets have to be shipped to Little Rock for just about anything right now. Parts of NW Oklahoma and especially SW Missouri go there, there's no VA in the Springfield/Branson area.

Maybe this will also help make up for that mistake they made earlier too. I forget all the details but I think they were wanting to put in a veteran nursing home or something along those lines. It sounded like it was going to happen and everything then they suddenly decided at the last minute they didn't really have the money for it and cancelled the whole project.

Maybe this will also help make up for that mistake they made earlier too. I forget all the details but I think they were wanting to put in a veteran nursing home or something along those lines. It sounded like it was going to happen and everything then they suddenly decided at the last minute they didn't really have the money for it and cancelled the whole project.

I could see them moving into the old Washington Regional, which is larger, and using the old VA as a nursing home as well, if they needed to.

I heard they built the new Washington Regional too small and didn't design it for expansion like the Baptist-NLR, which also was built too small and underwent almost immediate additions. That's going to be a pickle for them to figure out but it'll have to be enlarged.

Leaving buildings haphazardly abandoned in older parts of town is a sure way to invite blight and that would be a good use for the old hospital.

Edited by Aporkalypse

I could see them moving into the old Washington Regional, which is larger, and using the old VA as a nursing home as well, if they needed to.

I heard they built the new Washington Regional too small and didn't design it for expansion like the Baptist-NLR, which also was built too small and underwent almost immediate additions. That's going to be a pickle for them to figure out but it'll have to be enlarged.

Leaving buildings haphazardly abandoned in older parts of town is a sure way to invite blight and that would be a good use for the old hospital.

I think they already use part of the old Washington Regional themselves and I am pretty sure they have 3 floors leased out to someone. Can't recall who exactly it was, whether it's used like a small hospital or maybe it's some doctor's offices and such I can't remember.

I remember hearing that.

Really was a shame.

Hope you have a good trip.

Is there a thread devoted to the Renaissance Tower?

I think it's time a few of these topics get split up.

There may be but honestly I can't recall at the moment. For a while I was putting everything in one topic because there wasn't anyone else around from northwest Arkansas and I didn't see the need if very few people were going to post there. Then I went back to it as we got more northwest Arkansas forumers because I wondered if having so many northwest Arkansas topics was overwhelming people from other parts of the state. Apparently it was, but now with our own subforum I wouldn't mind going back to seperating the topics out again.

If you want me to, I can go through some of the topics, and arrange some of the posts with other topics that are associated with them.

That way it's a bit easier to find things.

If you want. Don't feel that you have to go through a lot of extra effort or anything. I can just simply start posting new topics for seperate developments too.

Sorry, It's actually in Little Rock. :P I just got to posting crazy and such.

Good to hear from you Mith.

Thanks nice to be back, although I certainly wouldn't have minded a little more time off to take some more pics. :lol: You know me and my pics. I just can't seem to stop once I get going.