Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

Did anyone see the lowering of the Razorback in Fayetteville?

No, I thought about going and and seeing it but I didn't. I so used to going to bed early and getting up rather early. I did take some pics of it this morning. I also took some pictures of the Ozark Building and came across a pretty old cemetery. Found the grave of Archibald Yell, onetime governor of Arkansas.

Edited by Mith242

Here's some pics of the previously mentioned Ozark Building which just had it's 100th anniversary the past week. I would have liked to get a shot showing how it is next to the Old Courthouse but the sun was in the wrong area. The Old Courthouse is to the right of this building. Apparently it used to be a little bigger. part of the theater part of the building was demolished at some point after it was vacant for a couple of decades. They wanted to restore the fomer exterior of the brick facade. But apparently at some point the exterior was changed. To remove the concrete would have done a lot of damage to the former exterior so they just decided to stucco the exterior when the remodeled the building.

img6011s4om.jpg

img6012s4gv.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone here about the Air Tanker Facility moving from Ft. Smith to Fayetteville Drake Field?

I saw something about it on the news, but I didn't hear when this was suppose to happen. It's certainly great news for Drake Field, since they haven't had any good news since XNA was under construction.

Did anyone here about the Air Tanker Facility moving from Ft. Smith to Fayetteville Drake Field?

I saw something about it on the news, but I didn't hear when this was suppose to happen. It's certainly great news for Drake Field, since they haven't had any good news since XNA was under construction.

Actually no I haven't heard this. But it sounds interesting. It's nice to see Drake Field getting some good news for a change.

I think that's great for Drake Field... although I think The Ozark Military Museum moving from Springdale to Drake Field a couple years ago was also great news!

Which reminds me... AIRFEST 2006 June 17-18!!!

Actually no I haven't heard this. But it sounds interesting. It's nice to see Drake Field getting some good news for a change.

I know Drake has been trying to get some FBO's (Fixed Base Operations) ever since XNA started up. I was a little suprised that the Air Tanker Facility was coming to Drake Field and not XNA. But anyway, it's still good news to hear.

Sounds like Fayetteville is making an effort to be more perdestrian friendly. They've been putting in more sidewalks recently and say they plan to put in another 4 miles for this year. The good news is I don't think all of this will just be in new subdivisions and such.