Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

It looks like it will do very well with so many great restaurants and shops around.

Yeah I think it will do well in the area. It's a little off Dickson and it's so close to the Walton Art Center and the Nadine Baum gallery is just across the street. I'm just curious to see what they will do. Tear down the current building or try to preserve it and build up some.

Yeah I think it will do well in the area. It's a little off Dickson and it's so close to the Walton Art Center and the Nadine Baum gallery is just across the street. I'm just curious to see what they will do. Tear down the current building or try to preserve it and build up some.

The building looks pretty historic.

They should preserve it and build up.

I think something like a modern building wouldn't fit in as well.

The building looks pretty historic.

They should preserve it and build up.

I think something like a modern building wouldn't fit in as well.

Yeah when you said a warehouse I was expecting something a bit newer. But I am glad to see that something is being done with this building. You can see from the West Ave view that the vegetation is getting out of hand at the entrance.

Yeah when you said a warehouse I was expecting something a bit newer. But I am glad to see that something is being done with this building. You can see from the West Ave view that the vegetation is getting out of hand at the entrance.

So what do you think will happen to it?

Going Up?

Preserving?

New Building?

or

Going Out?

So what do you think will happen to it?

Going Up?

Preserving?

New Building?

or

Going Out?

I'm hoping they'll preserve it to a certain degree, but it's really not a very big building. It would seem that they'd have to build it up some of else they aren't going to get many condos in there. But if they build it up I think there's a greater chance of them tearing it down and simply starting over again. But I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.

I'm hoping they'll preserve it to a certain degree, but it's really not a very big building. It would seem that they'd have to build it up some of else they aren't going to get many condos in there. But if they build it up I think there's a greater chance of them tearing it down and simply starting over again. But I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.

May'be they will build up with a new building but the building's architecture will remain historical and not modern or post-modern.

May'be they will build up with a new building but the building's architecture will remain historical and not modern or post-modern.

I imagine they would try to keep some of the style even if they totally rebuild it. I would like to see them keep most of it and build it up. Maybe have the newer section above the old tiered back and try to compliment the older style of the building.

On another note there was more talk about parking in downtown Fayetteville. The Northwest Arkansas Times had an article about it. They also had a nice somewhat detailed map of the downtown area. Good color key to the side, except for the fact they printed the map in black and white and you can't make out any of the different colors.

On another note there was more talk about parking in downtown Fayetteville. The Northwest Arkansas Times had an article about it. They also had a nice somewhat detailed map of the downtown area. Good color key to the side, except for the fact they printed the map in black and white and you can't make out any of the different colors.

Are more parking garages being planned?

I know that one near Dixon Street is going to be constructed that has around 400 parking spaces or so.

Are more parking garages being planned?

I know that one near Dixon Street is going to be constructed that has around 400 parking spaces or so.

Is it actually being constructed? All I've been hearing is talk of wanting or needing to build one. I've heard some ideas thrown around but I haven't heard of any serious plans to build anything yet. The only one I know of offhand is there's supposed to be one at the Renaissance Tower. Which makes sense because even the old Mountain Inn had a parking deck, wasn't big but they had one. There's the one basically right next to the Radisson and there's one at the Town Center which I didn't know about till I was walking around taking pics. I really do like the Downtown Master Plan and putting a parking deck over most of the current parking lot near the Walton Art Center. The biggest problem so far is getting the money to build one. No one seems to be able to agree on how to do it.

Is it actually being constructed? All I've been hearing is talk of wanting or needing to build one. I've heard some ideas thrown around but I haven't heard of any serious plans to build anything yet. The only one I know of offhand is there's supposed to be one at the Renaissance Tower. Which makes sense because even the old Mountain Inn had a parking deck, wasn't big but they had one. There's the one basically right next to the Radisson and there's one at the Town Center which I didn't know about till I was walking around taking pics. I really do like the Downtown Master Plan and putting a parking deck over most of the current parking lot near the Walton Art Center. The biggest problem so far is getting the money to build one. No one seems to be able to agree on how to do it.

I just know that Fayetteville is planning one, but they seemed to be real interested in getting construction on it.

Money is a problem with them, but they are tax-exempt when builders build the.

I just know that Fayetteville is planning one, but they seemed to be real interested in getting construction on it.

Money is a problem with them, but they are tax-exempt when builders build the.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out if it's just plans so far or if there's going to be actual work on one soon. Maybe I've missed something, but I've gotten the impression from all the talk that nothing is definant yet because they don't have any funds for it just yet.

KNWA has reports that there was more discussion about downtown parking today at the Fayetteville Administration Building. (Which I have taken pics of and posted in the Pics of Fayetteville topic). But so far everything is still just discussion and it doesn't sound like anything is set.

KNWA has reports that there was more discussion about downtown parking today at the Fayetteville Administration Building. (Which I have taken pics of and posted in the Pics of Fayetteville topic). But so far everything is still just discussion and it doesn't sound like anything is set.

It's badly needed, and it would give a little more urban feel in the downtown area.

It's badly needed, and it would give a little more urban feel in the downtown area.

One of the ideas being talked about is making all parking around the downtown area pay parking. Although they've already have been complaints from people living in some of the nearby houses with people parking constantly in front of the yards. It may not be a popular idea but something needs to be done and it you don't do something you're going to run off people anyway because fewer people will go because it's too hard to find a parking space.

I've got a list of a few projects going on in Fayetteville:

Officials have posted signs at the northeast corner of Lafayette Street and College Avenue depicting a two-story stone building open for mixed uses. Looks to me like condos or something.

Courts at Whitham N. Arthur Scott is requesting a large-scale development permit for 1.42 acres at the southwest corner of Douglas and Whitham streets. The application is for an apartment building with 65 bedrooms, a 16-space parking garage and 24 additional spaces. The property is zoned to allow 40 units per acre. Probably a nice-midrise building.

Zaxby

I've got a list of a few projects going on in Fayetteville:

Officials have posted signs at the northeast corner of Lafayette Street and College Avenue depicting a two-story stone building open for mixed uses. Looks to me like condos or something.

Courts at Whitham N. Arthur Scott is requesting a large-scale development permit for 1.42 acres at the southwest corner of Douglas and Whitham streets. The application is for an apartment building with 65 bedrooms, a 16-space parking garage and 24 additional spaces. The property is zoned to allow 40 units per acre. Probably a nice-midrise building.

Zaxby’s CEI Engineering Associates is seeking a large-scale development permit for a 3,378-square-foot Zaxby’s restaurant off Sixth Street, between Lewis and Eastern streets.

Yeah apartments are no new thing here. It seems like they are constantly building new apartments. But usually the tallest tend to be is 3 or 4 stories. Lindsey which builds most of them seems to prefer making just 2 story apartments.

I haven't heard about the development at Lafayette and College, I was just a block away last week when I was taking pics in the Washington-Willow Historical District. If I'm correct there's a gas station on the northeast corner of that intersection. There's a Marvin's IGA on the southeast corner, one of the few non Wal-mart and Harp's grocery stores in Fayetteville.

Edited by Mith242

It looks like Bassett Furniture is going into Steele Crossing.

This will be the second Bassett Furniture store in the state. The other store is in Little Rock.

Another great plus for NW Arkansas!!!

Fayetteville slowly seems to be getting more into the furniture market. For quite a while it's been controlled more by Springdale. Not sure why that is but I remember looking for furniture years ago and I had to get my stuff from Springdale because there weren't a lot of furniture stores here in Fayetteville for some reason. That and what was here didn't offer a very good selection.

Fayetteville slowly seems to be getting more into the furniture market. For quite a while it's been controlled more by Springdale. Not sure why that is but I remember looking for furniture years ago and I had to get my stuff from Springdale because there weren't a lot of furniture stores here in Fayetteville for some reason. That and what was here didn't offer a very good selection.

I think that Hanks opened a 65,000 square foot furniture store sometime this year in Fayetteville.

I think that Hanks opened a 65,000 square foot furniture store sometime this year in Fayetteville.

Yeah they closed their locations in Fayetteville, Springdale and Siloam Springs to open this big store. Yeah it's just south of the mall where a lot of Fayetteville's developments are taking place. I have been considering whether or not to go around there and take some pics. It's nothing really spectacular, but it is where a lot of growth is going on right now.