Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

Hey Mith, I heard some transportation news going on in Fayetteville.

City officials want to make Rupple Road a principal road in Fayetteville. As a principle arterial, the concept is that the road will be developed as a four-lane boulevard from U.S. 62 (also known as Sixth Street) to Van Asche Drive with sidewalks and bike lanes along its length.

Wouldn't this be the first street in Fayetteville and NW Arkansas to have bike lanes?

Hey Mith, I heard some transportation news going on in Fayetteville.

City officials want to make Rupple Road a principal road in Fayetteville. As a principle arterial, the concept is that the road will be developed as a four-lane boulevard from U.S. 62 (also known as Sixth Street) to Van Asche Drive with sidewalks and bike lanes along its length.

Wouldn't this be the first street in Fayetteville and NW Arkansas to have bike lanes?

No, there are some streets with bike lanes. There aren't any major street with bike lanes but there are some streets, especially closer to residential areas that have some bike lanes. That also reminds me of something I've bene forgetting to mention. I thought I'd seen something about more boulevards for northwest Arkansas in the future. I thought I'd seen something in the future road plan, although it might be further into the future. I was thinking there were some plans to eventually expand roads in western Fayetteville and Springdale and these boulevards would go north into Bentonville and Rogers. Although sometimes it makes it harder to tuen where you want to go I like the idea of having more boulevards. Fayetteville does have some small areas of boulevards. Any idea if there are any elsewhere in northwest Arkansas?

No, there are some streets with bike lanes. There aren't any major street with bike lanes but there are some streets, especially closer to residential areas that have some bike lanes. That also reminds me of something I've bene forgetting to mention. I thought I'd seen something about more boulevards for northwest Arkansas in the future. I thought I'd seen something in the future road plan, although it might be further into the future. I was thinking there were some plans to eventually expand roads in western Fayetteville and Springdale and these boulevards would go north into Bentonville and Rogers. Although sometimes it makes it harder to tuen where you want to go I like the idea of having more boulevards. Fayetteville does have some small areas of boulevards. Any idea if there are any elsewhere in northwest Arkansas?

I think Rogers should put in some bike lanes along the city's master trail plan. Pleasant Grove Road (A.K.A. Development road) is included in the trail plan and should have bike lanes, although we've been having trouble with funding for that.

There's only one boulevard that I know of in Benton County. The road through Pinnacle Hills Shopps is a boulevard. It has plenty of trees in the center and has lots of development going on around it. Market Street (under construction) is supposed to be a boulevard also here in Rogers. I would like to see more boulevards definately. It gives more of an urban feel.

This doesn't really apply to Fayetteville but since we were talking about boulevards here I thought I'd mention it here. I heard they are planning to widen Wagon Wheel Rd and turning it into a boulevard.

I heard about that, but never got around to mentioning it. It's going to cost millions of dollars to do so, and it could be one of Springdale's last chances of getting a nice road that will carry traffic into the future. Thompson and Sunset are awful during all parts of the day, and I really do think that this much needed.

It could help Springdale attract restaurants and retail.

Looks like the Fayetteville Master Plan got a lot of criticism.

NW Arkansas TimesFayetteville Master Plan Criticism

Yeah I read aobut that. Looks like they might start getting picker here in Fayetteville. They mentioned controlling building heights and density. I think the biggest thing is that they are just trying to change and improve areas though. A lot of people I think want things to stay the same. Areas I have mentioned before like bringing in developments along streets like Block St to better connect Dickson and the Square. But to a lot of people they like the small buildings and houses already there. They argue why come in and build a new building that looks older and fits into the surrounding area when there's already and old house sitting there. I can see where they are coming from and it is a shame to get rid of some of these houses and buildings but you can't keep every single building. Without growth and change things tend to stagnate. I believe believe in keeping many of our older buildings but you simply just can't keep everything. I guess some people would rather us just keep building on the outskirts of town so no buildings are ever torn down and we just sprawl outward in all directions. We just need to find a good balance of saving some buildings and building new larger buildings to create better density. They did also mention that nothing is set in stone and that they wanted imput to create a better master plan.

A group in Fayetteville plans to build 33 condo units near the west side of Reindl Warehouse.

The project is being called Spring Street Lofts and each loft of 1,100-SF will start at $275,000.

EWI Constructors Inc. of Fayetteville has been selected as the contractor for the 36,000-SF project valued at about $8.5 million.

Another great condo additon to Fayetteville.

Sorry I took this from you Mith

:(

A group in Fayetteville plans to build 33 condo units near the west side of Reindl Warehouse.

The project is being called Spring Street Lofts and each loft of 1,100-SF will start at $275,000.

EWI Constructors Inc. of Fayetteville has been selected as the contractor for the 36,000-SF project valued at about $8.5 million.

Another great condo additon to Fayetteville.

Sorry I took this from you Mith

:(

No problem, I'm just glad to hear about this. :D I haven't heard anything about this. Now I have to find out more about the Reindl Warehouse.

Is it near Downtown?

Yeah sorry I should have mentioned that earlier. Spring St isn't too far from the Square. I guess I just don't recall seeing any warehouses in that area. But I can't say I know the whole downtown area real well. Maybe I need to go back sometime and walk a little more than just the Square.

Yeah sorry I should have mentioned that earlier. Spring St isn't too far from the Square. I guess I just don't recall seeing any warehouses in that area. But I can't say I know the whole downtown area real well. Maybe I need to go back sometime and walk a little more than just the Square.

This project should complement the urban feel in Fayetteville. I don't know how high it's going to be, but if it's going to be $8 Million dollars, I would say it's going to be a nice mid-rise.

This project should complement the urban feel in Fayetteville. I don't know how high it's going to be, but if it's going to be $8 Million dollars, I would say it's going to be a nice mid-rise.

It might also depend on how much space this warehouse takes up. It could just be a low-rise building. But you'd think with everything going on that they'd consider something a little more than just a low-rise.

It might also depend on how much space this warehouse takes up. It could just be a low-rise building. But you'd think with everything going on that they'd consider something a little more than just a low-rise.

That makes like the 5th condo project announced for Fayetteville this year.

Renaissance Tower - 16 stories

Bank of America Condos - 5 or 6 stories

Legacy Building - 6 stories

Underwoods Plaza - 8 or 9 stories

If I left any out, please inform me.

That makes like the 5th condo project announced for Fayetteville this year.

Renaissance Tower - 16 stories

Bank of America Condos - 5 or 6 stories

Legacy Building - 6 stories

Underwoods Plaza - 8 or 9 stories

If I left any out, please inform me.

The Barnhill Condos, the only ones not in the area or Dickson or the Square. Seems like it was going to be 4-5 stories. Of course some of those other ones won't all be condo space, especially the Renaissance Tower.

The Barnhill Condos, the only ones not in the area or Dickson or the Square. Seems like it was going to be 4-5 stories. Of course some of those other ones won't all be condo space, especially the Renaissance Tower.

I probably should have mentioned that most of these were multi-use facilities.

So I guess that makes 6 official condo/ multi-use facilities going on in Fayetteville.

I probably should have mentioned that most of these were multi-use facilities.

So I guess that makes 6 official condo/ multi-use facilities going on in Fayetteville.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about all of this. I can't wait to see these projects get going. By the way I'll try to update everyone with pics of these developments every once in a while.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about all of this. I can't wait to see these projects get going. By the way I'll try to update everyone with pics of these developments every once in a while.

It's all centralized too.

That's what makes me exicted, is that it will be centered in Fayetteville. You guys are on your way to getting a nice small-midsized metro.

One thing I'm still a bit disappointed with is the talk of a parking deck around the downtown area. I believe there's going to be one with the Renaissance Tower but I think it's going to be for their use only. I believe there may be another small one downtown but it's pretty much filled up by people filling all those offices around the downtown area. There's been a lot of talk but so far that's all it's amounted to, just talk. Recently someone introduced the idea of bringing in another party to help fund and run a parking deck but not everyone liked that idea. So it's basically still just talk for now.

Back to the Reindl Warehouse, I've been doing some looking around on Google Earth and I think I know where it is now. I associate Spring St more or less close to the Square area. But I couldn't really see too many buildings that looked like they'd be warehouses so I followed it west and I think I've found it and I've actually taken a pic of it. It's actually not too far off Dickson south of the Walton Art Center. You basically have the Walton Art Center, a small park to the side of it, then a restarant called Grub's, then you have an old building. I guess I never thought of it as a warehouse though. It's across the street from the parking lot and not too far away from the Nadine Baum Gallery. I took one pic a while back ago, basically just trying to show how West St would be a nice area to develop. You can see the top of the Walton Art Center behind the warehouse.

img29260zk.jpg

Edited by Mith242

Ah...

It is near the downtown area.

It should fit in very well, especially with the Walton Arts Center right there. It a good thing they are making such good use out of a run down building.

Yeah looks like it. I walked along Spring St earlier and all I could see that they were talking about was that building. Now I didn't actually go on the east side of College Ave, but I really don't think they'd be going that way. I was have some more pics of it a little later. Yes since I was out I had to take pictures.