Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

There was another survey done recently, as it is on a semi-regular basis here in Fayetteville. In the survey people stated that roads and transportation was their main concern about the city. The survey even suggested that people would be willing to pay more for road improvements. Library approval rating were well up from 2 years ago when the survey was last done. The new library's rating was more than double the old library's. Park services were down slightly from the survey done in 2003.

I got some more projects going on in Fayetteville.

A new development called The University Village Center, will include a Staybridge Suites and several upscale retail and entertainment facilities. This is the Second Staybridge Suites has been announced for Northwest Arkansas this year!!! The other one has been announced in Rogers next to the 6 story Holiday Inn under construction. The four-story hotel will encompass 22,038 square feet. Also included in the development, a 15,628-square-foot commercial structure will front 15 th Street, while a 23,146-square-foot building will curve along Beechwood Avenue and 15 th Street.

The two structures are expected to feature high-profile boutiques along with entertainment and restaurant entities.

A detention pond will be placed on a fourth lot of the tract, which in all contains 7.45 acres. Construction is planned to begin next year. The University Village Center proposal is scheduled to be discussed Nov. 16 during a technical plat review committee meeting.

and serve as a buffer between the apartments and two retail centers.

Also,

A proposed Western Sizzlin at 3070 W. Sixth St. The plans include an 8,348-square-foot restaurant and 5,000-square-foot retail center on 3.32 acres on the north side of Sixth Street, just west of One Mile Road.

On the north side of Fayetteville, Metropolitan National Bank has intentions of building a 9,200-square-foot branch on the southwest corner of Georgetown Square and Shiloh Drive.

I got some more projects going on in Fayetteville.

A new development called The University Village Center, will include a Staybridge Suites and several upscale retail and entertainment facilities. This is the Second Staybridge Suites has been announced for Northwest Arkansas this year!!! The other one has been announced in Rogers next to the 6 story Holiday Inn under construction. The four-story hotel will encompass 22,038 square feet. Also included in the development, a 15,628-square-foot commercial structure will front 15 th Street, while a 23,146-square-foot building will curve along Beechwood Avenue and 15 th Street.

The two structures are expected to feature high-profile boutiques along with entertainment and restaurant entities.

A detention pond will be placed on a fourth lot of the tract, which in all contains 7.45 acres. Construction is planned to begin next year. The University Village Center proposal is scheduled to be discussed Nov. 16 during a technical plat review committee meeting.

and serve as a buffer between the apartments and two retail centers.

Also,

A proposed Western Sizzlin at 3070 W. Sixth St. The plans include an 8,348-square-foot restaurant and 5,000-square-foot retail center on 3.32 acres on the north side of Sixth Street, just west of One Mile Road.

On the north side of Fayetteville, Metropolitan National Bank has intentions of building a 9,200-square-foot branch on the southwest corner of Georgetown Square and Shiloh Drive.

Interesting I believe that will put this Univiersity Village just south or very near Baum Stadium. Maybe I should have paid closer attention to the developments that seemed to be going on around there.

I also have some Fayetteville news, Apparently Bank of America will be leaving the Square. They don't own that building and they will condense their offices down to Dickson near the university. They recently closed a bank they had there. No one has commented on whether this has something to do with the fact of them adding on to the top of the building to add condos but apparently it looks like probably does. Now we'll have to wonder if they'll turn the whole building into a condo complex or if it will be a mixed-use facility. Right behind the Bank of America building is the Renaissance Tower development.

img27886fw.jpg

img29936lt.jpg

Edited by Mith242

Interesting I believe that will put this Univiersity Village just south or very near Baum Stadium. Maybe I should have paid closer attention to the developments that seemed to be going on around there.

I also have some Fayetteville news, Apparently Bank of America will be leaving the Square. They don't own that building and they will condense their offices down to Dickson near the university. They recently closed a bank they had there. No one has commented on whether this has something to do with the fact of them adding on to the top of the building to add condos but apparently it looks like probably does. Now we'll have to wonder if they'll turn the whole building into a condo complex or if it will be a mixed-use facility. Right behind the Bank of America building is the Renaissance Tower development.

I heard about that.

It would be a good location for a restaurant or some retail.

I heard about that.

It would be a good location for a restaurant or some retail.

Wow, Matt you beat me even before I realized I forgot to add the pics I wanted in. Yeah I would hope that they would make it a mixed-use facility and have some retail or resturants on the bottom level of the building. I also wonder if they will redesign the whole building or simply leave most of it the way it is and simply add on from above.

Wow, Matt you beat me even before I realized I forgot to add the pics I wanted in. Yeah I would hope that they would make it a mixed-use facility and have some retail or resturants on the bottom level of the building. I also wonder if they will redesign the whole building or simply leave most of it the way it is and simply add on from above.

It's a great building.

Who knows, may'be another bank will come to the location. A nice urban restaurant would fit in well, especially with the Renaissance Tower being built right there.

Aren't the condo developers putting in 6 condos on the bank of america building?

It's a great building.

Who knows, may'be another bank will come to the location. A nice urban restaurant would fit in well, especially with the Renaissance Tower being built right there.

Aren't the condo developers putting in 6 condos on the bank of america building?

They will be adding on top of the building for certain. Although I'm not positive on how much they'll add, but I thought I had heard something like at least four more floors if not more. I just wonder what they'll do with the current part of the building. Remodel and redesign it on a minor or perhaps major fashion or just mainly add on some floors to the top.

They will be adding on top of the building for certain. Although I'm not positive on how much they'll add, but I thought I had heard something like at least four more floors if not more. I just wonder what they'll do with the current part of the building. Remodel and redesign it on a minor or perhaps major fashion or just mainly add on some floors to the top.

I just found out that they are planning on adding two floors to the Bank of America Building.

I just found out that they are planning on adding two floors to the Bank of America Building.

Hmm, just two I thought it was more. Or maybe that was just wishful thinking on my part. Still it will be nice, especially after we find out what they'll do with the existing part.

There's still a lot of talk going on about the Fayetteville Downtown Master Plan, as Fayetteville considers enforcing stricter codes for this area. One of the bigger aspects are what designs will be allowed for developments. There seems to be a feeling that many want the area to feel historic and don't want a modern feel and that anyone who tries to build a structure that's got a more modern feel to it will simply be rejected. Some argue that they don't want to see newer type buildings ruin the feel and character of the area. While others argue that Fayetteville is a living city and shouldn't be restricted. That historic buildings are unique and can't simply be copied. I think most people thing that growth in this area needs to be controlled, it's just a matter of how much control there should be.

Any news on the proposed snow-tubing area a little east of Fayetteville Mith?

Hmmm...I must have missed something becasue I'm not sure what you're referring to. Apparently the city council has approved the Renaissance Tower. To be honest I hadn't realized it wasn't officially approved yet. Although I shouldn't be surprised it can take a while sometimes for projects to be approved by the council. Apparently it wasn't an overwhelming vote for it. The city council had questions about the project, one of them being the building's height. Hearing that makes we wonder if Fayetteville will break or even get to a 20 story building for a long time even if there was a possible project to come along.

Hmmm...I must have missed something becasue I'm not sure what you're referring to. Apparently the city council has approved the Renaissance Tower. To be honest I hadn't realized it wasn't officially approved yet. Although I shouldn't be surprised it can take a while sometimes for projects to be approved by the council. Apparently it wasn't an overwhelming vote for it. The city council had questions about the project, one of them being the building's height. Hearing that makes we wonder if Fayetteville will break or even get to a 20 story building for a long time even if there was a possible project to come along.

I heard something in the news a few months ago about a snow tubing facility going on east of Fayetteville. The facility is suppose to make artificial snow, but I haven't heard anything more about it. It's a great project though.

I heard something in the news a few months ago about a snow tubing facility going on east of Fayetteville. The facility is suppose to make artificial snow, but I haven't heard anything more about it. It's a great project though.

I haven't heard any news on that. I guess I'm a little surprised, although it does sound interesting. I wonder if these warm winters we've been having would allow it to work out very well. I do think there is a place or two in Missouri that have manmade snow.

I haven't heard any news on that. I guess I'm a little surprised, although it does sound interesting. I wonder if these warm winters we've been having would allow it to work out very well. I do think there is a place or two in Missouri that have manmade snow.

Here's some more info.

It's a 43-acre snow tubing complex near West Fork.

Here's some more info.

It's a 43-acre snow tubing complex near West Fork.

No haven't heard about that. By the way West Fork is to the south of Fayetteville. It's the next town you come to going south after you pass Greenland. You're getting into the Boston Mtns there. Which I guess makes a little more sense, you can get a little more elevation there. Although I still wonder how it would do in these rather warm winters we've been having for a while now.

No haven't heard about that. By the way West Fork is to the south of Fayetteville. It's the next town you come to going south after you pass Greenland. You're getting into the Boston Mtns there. Which I guess makes a little more sense, you can get a little more elevation there. Although I still wonder how it would do in these rather warm winters we've been having for a while now.

Whoops!!

West Fork is to the south. I'm not sure if it's open though.

Some news on the Spring Street Lofts.

The Lofts will be constructed in a completely new building and be 3 stories with 33 condos in it.

I'm assuming that this is the old warehouse building. It's a shame that they couldn't reuse at least some of it. I realize that it could be in bad shape and it not being feasible to use much of it. But I thought maybe if they could even reuse the exterior wall or something it would be a nice touch. Glad I at least got pics of it before they do anything. I really wish I had some old pics of Dickson St. Especially before the Walton Art Center. I remember just a little bit but not a whole lot.

I'm assuming that this is the old warehouse building. It's a shame that they couldn't reuse at least some of it. I realize that it could be in bad shape and it not being feasible to use much of it. But I thought maybe if they could even reuse the exterior wall or something it would be a nice touch. Glad I at least got pics of it before they do anything. I really wish I had some old pics of Dickson St. Especially before the Walton Art Center. I remember just a little bit but not a whole lot.

Yeah, but it does look very urban.

I too wish that they would have saved the building and the history it holds.

This came up in the restaurant topic but thought I'd mention it here. It's not a restaurant but I've found a place that's selling Indian food amoung others. The Harp's I usually shop at has been in the process of a remodel. They just added an international section. The Asian stuff I've mainly seen before at other places but I was surprised at some of the other stuff. Quite a bit of Mediterranean and some Indian, looks like maybe there was even some Middle Eastern food. So even if we don't have any Indian restaurants for the time being I can try to fix some myself now.