Best places to eat in Arkansas

Mith242

Here's Bordino's, one of our nicest Italian restaurants. It's supposed to have the most extensive wine list in the state.

img27669qg.jpg

You've done a great job of photographing the restaraunts in downtown Fayetteville. However, the claim I've seen from Bordino's is that it has the largest wine selection in Northwest Arkansas. I'm pretty sure that the bar at the Capital Hotel has the largest wine selection in the state; they serve over 600 spirits and 2,400 bottles of wine!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've done a great job of photographing the restaraunts in downtown Fayetteville. However, the claim I've seen from Bordino's is that it has the largest wine selection in Northwest Arkansas. I'm pretty sure that the bar at the Capital Hotel has the largest wine selection in the state; they serve over 600 spirits and 2,400 bottles of wine!

Wow, yeah I'm pretty sure they don't quite have that extensive of a list. I must have misread or misheard that claim. Remind me if I'm in Little Rock to check that place out. :D

You forgot Doe's :)

Also, Benson's has some pretty good food. I had some BBQ Nachos there once that were very good.

That's right, I know I had a pic of Doe's somewhere. I wonder where it went to. I haven't been to Benson's.

Is Kosmos pretty good?

I'll have to try the Capital Hotel's bar if I'm in Little Rock :D

Kosmos Greekafe isn't open quite yet. Not sure on the opening date, but I'll try to keep my eyes open if you're interested.

Yeah I still can't get over that list for the Capitol Hotel's bar.

That's right, I know I had a pic of Doe's somewhere. I wonder where it went to. I haven't been to Benson's.

Kosmos Greekafe isn't open quite yet. Not sure on the opening date, but I'll try to keep my eyes open if you're interested.

Yeah I still can't get over that list for the Capitol Hotel's bar.

Another Fayetteville restaurant I'll have to try.

Do you know how extensive Bordino's Wine list is?

I'm sure it's the only greek restaurant in NW Arkansas.

It might be the only one to only have Greek food, but I believe there is at least one other that has some Greek food. Even if it doesn't specializr only in it.

I'm sure it's the only greek restaurant in NW Arkansas.

It might be the only one to only have Greek food, but I believe there is at least one other that has some Greek food. Even if it doesn't specialize only in it.

Really? Is in Fayetteville?

I'm positive theres none up here in Benton County, though I wish there was.

I could be wrong, but I thought there was at least one if not a couple of restaurants in Fayetteville that offered at least a little Greek food, but they don't specialize in it as Kosmos will do when it opens. I was talking to someone about Asian restaurants and they claimed we had more than just three Thai restaurants. It's sometimes hard trying to keep up with everything. But I do think Fayetteville offers a decent selection.

I could be wrong, but I thought there was at least one if not a couple of restaurants in Fayetteville that offered at least a little Greek food, but they don't specialize in it as Kosmos will do when it opens. I was talking to someone about Asian restaurants and they claimed we had more than just three Thai restaurants. It's sometimes hard trying to keep up with everything. But I do think Fayetteville offers a decent selection.

Benton County has 3 three thai restaurants that I could name off the bat

Lemongrass Thai Restaurant - Bentonville

Taste of Thai - Bentonville

Kimos Taste of Thai - Rogers

We don't have a very good italian base up here.

Really all we have is Johnny Carrinos in Rogers along with some other Italian Kitchen in east Rogers. Carrabas, should be the best in Benton County once completed.

I've been to Johnny Carino's, not bad but not my favorite. But sometimes I like it for a bit of a change. Never been to a Carraba's before. I'll probably try it out one of these days after it opens.

We don't have a very good italian base up here.

Really all we have is Johnny Carrinos in Rogers along with some other Italian Kitchen in east Rogers. Carrabas, should be the best in Benton County once completed.

Ever been to Tontitown or do you just like mediocre chains?

Venetian Inn and Mary Maestri's are worth a shot.

Those were the two I was thinking off.

I've never been to either of them, which would you recommend?

If you live in NWA and haven't been to either, both. Mary Maestri's is a little nicer, Venetian Inn is a T-shirt and jeans kind of place.

The most peculiar NWA delicacy is the fried chicken and spaghetti with meat sauce combo. You can get it at both of these places as well as at AQ but I've never seen it anywhere else in the country.

If you live in NWA and haven't been to either, both. Mary Maestri's is a little nicer, Venetian Inn is a T-shirt and jeans kind of place.

The most peculiar NWA delicacy is the fried chicken and spaghetti with meat sauce combo. You can get it at both of these places as well as at AQ but I've never seen it anywhere else in the country.

Wow, I've got to try that it sounds delecious. I'll be making a trip to one of those places in the future.

They're both great, but I prefer the Venetian Inn's laid back atmosphere. I've had that chicken and spaghetti dish, and it's awesome. Their rolls are out of this world too.

Hey Mith, looks like La Huerta is looking at a site of of central street in Fayetteville to put in another restaurant, in the old cafe santa fe restaurant.

Ugh you beat me to it by 30 minutes. But I couldn't get off work any sooner anyway. I do like their original location, maybe it's just because it was where I first came across them and at the time their only store. But I think having a downtown location would be great. Ironically they'd even be going into the old Cafe Santa Fe building too. I wasn't the biggest fan of Cafe Santa Fe but it's a shame that they ended up dying off. I'm not sure but I think it was mainly because they were trying to spread out too quickly. I know at one point they even closed most of them but tried to keep a few open but I guess it was too late by then. I've been curious as to how the other restaurants affiliated with La Huerta are. A long time ago I had talked to someone who had been to the Ft Smith location and he didn't think it was nearly as good as the Fayetteville locations. I hadn't realized they had spread out as much as they had. La Huerta's in Fayetteville (2), Ft Smith, Bentonville, Russellville, Siloam Springs, and Poteau Oklahoma. They also own the Mexico Viejo here in Fayetteville and Las Margaritas and Las Fajitas in Springdale. Don't know much about the ones in Springdale but the Mexico Viejo serves basically the same food as La Huerta the last time I checked. Not sure why they chose a different name.

Archived