Best places to eat in Arkansas

Mith242

I had a chance to eat at Rice Village on Dickson. It was pretty good. And actually the prices weren't too bad. I was expecting it to be much more. But I think I came out of there paying just over $10.

I also had a chance to eat across the street at Qdoba. I like it, but I think flying burrito is still better.

Yeah I think I'd have to agree with you. I do like the Flying Burrito overall a little better, but going to Qdoba is a nice change. I like the fact that they have some different stuff like chicken mole. I've heard good things about Rice Village. I have a friend who likes to go there a lot. He also likes Shogun but I think he likes the prices and the Dickson scene a little better.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had thought about posting some more pics of restaurant/bars around Dickson St but they've been posted in the picture topic. Just wondering if anyone wanted me to bother putting them over here also or just keep the pics over in the picture topic.

KNWA mentioned a new restaurant opening very soon in Bentonville called the Bristol. But they didn't go into a lot of detail on what kind of restaurant it was. They went on to to talk more ingeneral of the restaurant scene in Bentonville. Apparently 22 new restaurants have opened so far this year in Bentonville and 6 more are set to open before year's end.

KNWA mentioned a new restaurant opening very soon in Bentonville called the Bristol. But they didn't go into a lot of detail on what kind of restaurant it was. They went on to to talk more ingeneral of the restaurant scene in Bentonville. Apparently 22 new restaurants have opened so far this year in Bentonville and 6 more are set to open before year's end.

Yeah, the Bristol is an electric tuscan kind of restaurant. I don't know what kind of food that is, may'be someone else does. The Bristol on Central "the real name"-- should open by Nov. 14 after its owners have worked for months to establish themselves downtown.

There are around 95 or so restaurants in Bentonville now, which is pretty good for a city of around 29,000 permanet residents.

Here's a list of the restaurants that I know have opened in Bentonville this year:

Buffalo Wild Wings

Camille's Sidewalk Cafe

Deja Vu Piano Bar

Celtic Grill

Lemongrass Thai Restaurant

Lin's Chinese Restaurant

McAlister's Deli

The Plaza

Tortilla's Mexican Grill

Shogun Express

The Sanctuary

Smokin Jone's Ribehouse III

I don't know if we can really compare ourselves to Little Rock just yet, but it's great having so many restaurants in this area. For a long time it was just Fayetteville and now Rogers and Bentonville really seem to be moving up.

Rogers has somewhere around 100 or so.

I don't know how many Little Rock does, may'be on of our Little Rock forumers can tell us.

Fayetteville is probably second only to Little Rock in number of restaurants, with the exception being Hot Springs.

I don't know how many Little Rock does, may'be on of our Little Rock forumers can tell us.

Fayetteville is probably second only to Little Rock in number of restaurants, with the exception being Hot Springs.

I really can't say how many restaurants we have. I haven't thought about it before. It would be interesting to know though, although I can't say I'd know where exactly to find that info and how up to date it might be.

Hey Matt here's a link to a place that lists the top ten Asian restaurants in Fayetteville. Not sure how up to date this is though, I do know Asahi isn't open anymore. I also don't know how many people voted on this either. I did learn something, I didn't know Uno's focused on Korean and Japanese food. You can also check other listings of different types of restaurants. I think I also saw they had some listing for Little Rock.

http://www.10best.com/Fayetteville,AR/Rest...sian/index.html

Hey Matt here's a link to a place that lists the top ten Asian restaurants in Fayetteville. Not sure how up to date this is though, I do know Asahi isn't open anymore. I also don't know how many people voted on this either. I did learn something, I didn't know Uno's focused on Korean and Japanese food. You can also check other listings of different types of restaurants. I think I also saw they had some listing for Little Rock.

http://www.10best.com/Fayetteville,AR/Rest...sian/index.html

Thanks Mith.

Madam Wu's sound like the best. I'll be making a stop in there sometime.

I admit I don't know as much about the restaurants on the east side of town. The east side of town is a nice place to live in Fayetteville but I guess I've never bothered going over there to eat. Although I don't think they have as many restaurants over there as other areas of the cities.

I've found one site that lists menus of Fayetteville restaurants, it has 115 different listed menus. Although I can think of some that I didn't see listed.

Hot Springs is around 225-250 or so.

I asked a friend and he said he'd push the number closer to 200 for Fayetteville, but I imagine that still put Fayetteville behind Little Rock and Hot Springs. But I guess we'll be more impressive is you count all the cities together here as a metro. If we ever get to the point were we actually seem like one big city.

I asked a friend and he said he'd push the number closer to 200 for Fayetteville, but I imagine that still put Fayetteville behind Little Rock and Hot Springs. But I guess we'll be more impressive is you count all the cities together here as a metro. If we ever get to the point were we actually seem like one big city.

I'm sure with the metro we would have 400 or so.

Is it Italian, and is it better than Bordino's?

It is Italian and I'm not sure how to compare it. I haven't been to it in a long time and I haven't been to the new Bordino's yet. Maybe I'll have to go on an Italian restaurant spree sometime and compare those two and some other ones like Noodles and maybe even throw in a Joe's Bistro which I hear is also Italian.

It is Italian and I'm not sure how to compare it. I haven't been to it in a long time and I haven't been to the new Bordino's yet. Maybe I'll have to go on an Italian restaurant spree sometime and compare those two and some other ones like Noodles and maybe even throw in a Joe's Bistro which I hear is also Italian.

Pesto was voted #1 in the Free Weekly survey. It has been a favorite for years now, but be sure to try Joe's Bistro. Joe Utsch, the former head chef of Pesto Cafe for 6 years, opened his own place in the old Belvedeers location in Fiesta Square. Try it before the crowds find out where he is.

Looks like Jim's Razorback pizza is spreading out from it's home in northwest Arkansas to other areas of the state. It's planning two locations in Little Rock and is looking for other locations for central and southern Arkansas. Speaking of pizza there's another pizza place that's been spreading out from Fayetteville, Eureka Pizza. I'm not sure how many locations they have but I'm pretty sure they've spread out to southwest Missouri and northeast Oklahoma and are considering other locations in Kansas and other areas of Arkansas.

Looks like Jim's Razorback pizza is spreading out from it's home in northwest Arkansas to other areas of the state. It's planning two locations in Little Rock and is looking for other locations for central and southern Arkansas. Speaking of pizza there's another pizza place that's been spreading out from Fayetteville, Eureka Pizza. I'm not sure how many locations they have but I'm pretty sure they've spread out to southwest Missouri and northeast Oklahoma and are considering other locations in Kansas and other areas of Arkansas.

There also building a location in Centerton with a white oak station.

Archived