Best places to eat in Arkansas

Mith242

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Jim's Razorback pizza is spreading out from it's home in northwest Arkansas to other areas of the state. It's planning two locations in Little Rock and is looking for other locations for central and southern Arkansas. Speaking of pizza there's another pizza place that's been spreading out from Fayetteville, Eureka Pizza. I'm not sure how many locations they have but I'm pretty sure they've spread out to southwest Missouri and northeast Oklahoma and are considering other locations in Kansas and other areas of Arkansas.

They have at least one in Little Rock, it's pretty awful if you're not in college, though.

Looks like Jim's Razorback pizza is spreading out from it's home in northwest Arkansas to other areas of the state. It's planning two locations in Little Rock and is looking for other locations for central and southern Arkansas. Speaking of pizza there's another pizza place that's been spreading out from Fayetteville, Eureka Pizza. I'm not sure how many locations they have but I'm pretty sure they've spread out to southwest Missouri and northeast Oklahoma and are considering other locations in Kansas and other areas of Arkansas.

Yeah, Eureka now has locations in Neosho, Webb City, Joplin and Miami,Ok.

• 2 weeks later...

They have at least one in Little Rock, it's pretty awful if you're not in college, though.

It's awful if you are IN college, too.

I graduated a few years ago, but the Domino's, Papa John's, etc., were all starting to run college specials similar to Eureka's five dollar-a-pie deal. I don't see how they'll make it producing that cardboard vs. a decent pizza for a similar price.

Eureka up here is pretty good.

I actually prefer it over Pizza Hut.

Weird, I actually prefer anything to it and I've eaten pizza from the NWA stores more than once.

It is cheap, though.

FYI, for you Central Arkansans Damgoode Pies has opened their 3rd location in Little Rock on Rodney Parham and is continuing to do very well. That place has excellent grub.

Weird, I actually prefer anything to it and I've eaten pizza from the NWA stores more than once.

It is cheap, though.

FYI, for you Central Arkansans Damgoode Pies has opened their 3rd location in Little Rock on Rodney Parham and is continuing to do very well. That place has excellent grub.

Where on Rodney Parham is the new location? I'll have to check it out....

Eureka up here is pretty good.

I actually prefer it over Pizza Hut.

Eureka is good for the price but I wouldn't say it's my favorite. If I were to pick a fast food type pizza place, not a gourmet type one, I guess I'd have to go for Pizza Inn or Pappa John's personally.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've heard that Little Rock is getting a Pei-wei Asian Dinner. I heard it's going to be on North University, but that's all I know.

Also, Hot Springs is getting an Olive Garden along Central Avenue.

It's going to be part of the same development as Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma in the new shopping center near Park Plaza. They're also getting a Cantina Laredo, which is a very upscale Mexican place from Dallas.

It's going to be part of the same development as Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma in the new shopping center near Park Plaza. They're also getting a Cantina Laredo, which is a very upscale Mexican place from Dallas.

Is Cantina Laredo anything like Abuelo's? I think that's the only upscale Mexican restaurant I've seen in northwest Arkansas so far.

Sounds interesting. How does the food compare?

Both are decent, I prefer Cantina Laredo. The ambience is a lot nicer there as well but I think that may be because of the location I went to (an older Dallas neighborhood - Lakewood vs Plano facing the interstate). There are a couple of local places named Javier's and Ciudad that are even better.

Both are decent, I prefer Cantina Laredo. The ambience is a lot nicer there as well but I think that may be because of the location I went to (an older Dallas neighborhood - Lakewood vs Plano facing the interstate). There are a couple of local places named Javier's and Ciudad that are even better.

I'd really like to get some more upscale Mexican restaurants here in northwest Arkansas. Not to say there's anything wrong with the Mexican restaurants we already have. Many of them have really great food. But it would be nice to have something like that as well.

I'd really like to get some more upscale Mexican restaurants here in northwest Arkansas. Not to say there's anything wrong with the Mexican restaurants we already have. Many of them have really great food. But it would be nice to have something like that as well.

Yes, this Cantina Laredo interests me.

If you're ever in LR and have a chance to dine out, try Casa Manana on Cantrell. It's quite nice (white tablecloths, etc) but not terribly upscale but it has some damn good food. I miss it, even down here in Big D.

If you're ever in LR and have a chance to dine out, try Casa Manana on Cantrell. It's quite nice (white tablecloths, etc) but not terribly upscale but it has some damn good food. I miss it, even down here in Big D.

Maybe I'll have to see if I can find it next time I'm down around Little Rock taking pics.

Maybe I'll have to see if I can find it next time I'm down around Little Rock taking pics.

Cool. They have excellent tortilla soup and the bring out these homemade absurdly thick chips and have salsa verde as well as a salsa roja they always bring out. They also run a kiosk in the River Market building with a smaller menu. There's also a good deli, a couple good BBQ places, a very good Middle Eastern place, an excellent bakery, and servicable but not terrific pizza and Japanese restaurants. It's a nice place to go for lunch because everybody can get something different and still eat together.

Cool. They have excellent tortilla soup and the bring out these homemade absurdly thick chips and have salsa verde as well as a salsa roja they always bring out. They also run a kiosk in the River Market building with a smaller menu. There's also a good deli, a couple good BBQ places, a very good Middle Eastern place, an excellent bakery, and servicable but not terrific pizza and Japanese restaurants. It's a nice place to go for lunch because everybody can get something different and still eat together.

Interesting. I was curious if you remember the salsa verde? Just about everywhere it's made from tomatillas. But in New Mexico they use green chile peppers. I really like the NM style of salsa verde but haven't seen it outside of New Mexico. They Middle eastern restaurant sounds interesting too. I have been talking to Matt about Middle Eastern food recently. That sounds like something that would be nice to have up here in northwest Arkansas too.

Interesting. I was curious if you remember the salsa verde? Just about everywhere it's made from tomatillas. But in New Mexico they use green chile peppers. I really like the NM style of salsa verde but haven't seen it outside of New Mexico. They Middle eastern restaurant sounds interesting too. I have been talking to Matt about Middle Eastern food recently. That sounds like something that would be nice to have up here in northwest Arkansas too.

It's the tomatilla kind, which is real Mexican salsas verde. I never had the New Mexican kind before, sounds tasty.

Middle Eastern and Greek are pretty similar and most places that serve one serve the other. There's a nice, reasonably priced Greek place called Leo's Greek Castle on Kavanaugh that's been there for years where you can get mousakka, falafel, gyros, kebabs, etc. LR needs a couple more Middle Eastern places, though. There are quite a few in Dallas.

The Greek Food Festival at the Orthodox Church is always great for that as well, it's in the spring and is such a big deal they have to run shuttle buses and close Napa Valley down to 2 lanes.

Archived