Cars of the QC

1 hour ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Ah yes, the Maserati Ghibli: the middle-class Maserati :tw_lol:

Really an overpriced car.... its comparable set is a Mercedes E, Audi A6, and BMW 5 series which could outrun this thing from 0 to 60 for $20,000 less.

The shared interior parts with other Fiat-Chrysler parts is even more hilarious...
- Window switches are from a Jeep Cherokee (base level, not Grand)
- Light switches and the steering column are from the old Chrysler Town and Country leveraging spare parts not used before ending that vehicle for the Pacifica van
- Touchscreen system from base level Dodge and Jeep vehicles
et....

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Really an overpriced car.... its comparable set is a Mercedes E, Audi A6, and BMW 5 series which could outrun this thing from 0 to 60 for $20,000 less.

The shared interior parts with other Fiat-Chrysler parts is even more hilarious...
- Window switches are from a Jeep Cherokee (base level, not Grand)
- Light switches and the steering column are from the old Chrysler Town and Country leveraging spare parts not used before ending that vehicle for the Pacifica van
- Touchscreen system from base level Dodge and Jeep vehicles
et....

I've seen it referred to as "the Maserati for people who don't know anything about cars"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Madison Parkitect said:

I've seen it referred to as "the Maserati for people who don't know anything about cars"

Honestly that is just the moniker of Maserati. In the car design world Maserati is often an example of how not to design a luxury car, they tend to throw money at materials instead of simply improving the design

• Like 4

21 hours ago, CLT> said:

FE0C8264-A49D-4CDB-81DA-3C45BE984E34.jpeg

I'm normally not a big fan of SUVs, but that Defender is badass.

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Now I am seeing the so called middle class Maserati all over now saw one at Waverly today.  And I can't get what yall said about it out of head. 

Waverly always has nice cars, just in the Starbucks parking lot I've seen two different Ferraris.  And lol, Maseratis depreciate like pet rocks.  There's a 2016 Ghibli with 43k miles for sale in the Raleigh area for less than $20k.  Even the more exotic models like the GranTurismo can be had for around $20k if you like to play Russian roulette with your cars.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Trai Turner has one:

http://www.dreamworksmotorsports.com/trai-turner-dw-spotlight

He was traded in March to Los Angeles. He live right behind me for a year in a rented home. Left after the trade went through. Generally quiet with an occasional pool party. 

I saw that at Whole Foods in Southpark once.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Trai Turner has one:

http://www.dreamworksmotorsports.com/trai-turner-dw-spotlight

He was traded in March to Los Angeles. He live right behind me for a year in a rented home. Left after the trade went through. Generally quiet with an occasional pool party. 

Looking at the photos of his green one, the one I saw had the same kind of unique metallic color change effect, but in purple.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I could not find Cars of Waxhaw thread I thought I would put this Lambo here seen coming out of Lawson neighborhood in Waxhaw.  @nicholas can tell you the make  and model I am sure.  Liked the color but doesn't seem to have a turn signal when he turned left into the Harris Teeter at Cureton LOL. 

IMG_9519.JPG

IMG_9520.JPG

• Like 3

You see much nicer cars in my old Charlotte haunts (Meyers Park and SouthPark) than you do in Chapel Hill.  Then again, the people tend to have way more money in MP/SP than they do in CH.  Also, there's a much higher Granola factor in CH, so even those who could afford a Range Rover would probably opt for a Prius with a Bernie Sanders sticker on it.

• Haha 4

Cars of the QC Lowcountry edition.  Saw a grey Lambo and an Alfa Romeo SUV I have not seen before.  I am sure @nicholas can give us the 4-1-1 on this car.  From Bluffton next to Hilton Head Island and in front of one of my favorite restaurants Captain Woody's ( 2 locations this one and one on Island) and this Alfa Romeo. 

IMG_9803.JPG

IMG_9804.JPG

IMG_9806.JPG

IMG_9812.JPG

IMG_9840.JPG

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Cars of the QC Lowcountry edition.  Saw a grey Lambo and an Alfa Romeo SUV I have not seen before.  I am sure @nicholas can give us the 4-1-1 on this car.  From Bluffton next to Hilton Head Island and in front of one of my favorite restaurants Captain Woody's ( 2 locations this one and one on Island) and this Alfa Romeo. 

IMG_9803.JPG

IMG_9840.JPG

Nice!  Crazy how common Lambos have gotten.  That's a 2014-2019 Huracan LP580-2, the Alfa is a 2018- Stelvio Q4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Can we get some representation of classic American muscle cars here?  I mean all these euro vehicles are nice, but nothing beats the classic American muscle car sporting a screaming V8.  

70 Chevelle SS 454 LS6...yes please

1967 GTO...one of my favorites.

1970 Dodge Charger with a blower sticking out of the hood...also one of my favorites

An Eleanor...perhaps the greatest looking car ever built.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cltbwimob said:

Can we get some representation of classic American muscle cars here?  I mean all these euro vehicles are nice, but nothing beats the classic American muscle car sporting a screaming V8.  

1970 Dodge Charger with a blower sticking out of the hood...also one of my favorites

The lack of american muscle cars in CLT is pretty mind blowing.  I grew up in PA where american muscle cars are a way of life, including my family.  My dad had a 69 Chevelle show  car with a 496 stroker motor and could spin the tires all the way through 3rd gear...and if you ever took a ride with my dad, you would have check your underwear when you were done.  Classic Corvettes, Nova's, GTO's, Barracuda, TBirds, Mustangs, Camero's were cars you saw every day.   Been in CLT 20+ years and I rarely ever see classic American muscle.  

Instead of a Lambo, I rather be driving around a 63 Corvette Stingray split window any day (not mention that car will hold its value, unlike todays super cars with their redonkulas MSRP. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cltbwimob said:

Cars of the QC encompasses ALL cars, so feel free to post anything interesting that you see around! 

My aunt and uncle used to have a dark green 1969 Mustang GT Convertible.  Unfortunately they sold it a few years ago, but it was in great condition and was fun to ride around in.  I grew up mainly around European cars, so my favorite cars generally come from that part of the world.  However there are a number of American cars that I would love to have including a C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Camaro ZL1 1LE, Mustang GT350/GT350R, previous-gen Ford GT, and final-gen Viper.

Edit - there are a ton of nice classic cars around Charlotte - both American and European - but they are rarely ever driven.  Most of my favorite sightings are of modern exotic cars, especially Lamborghinis and McLarens.

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 3