Cars of the QC

Wow that's something you don't see everyday in Charlotte.  Not my cup of tea either, at least it's a true Rolls-Royce product though.

Forgot to include this in my last post.  Original NSX over at Atherton about a week ago.  I never see these anymore, which is sad considering how much of an impact it had on performance cars from Europe and America.

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1676.JPG

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

^^^ that's the owner's daily driver.  He lives in the neighborhood and I see him in it several times a week for many years.  It makes me smile that he is getting great use from an icon.

That's great to hear!  So many of these have been scooped up by "collectors" who hardly ever drive them anymore, and it's sad considering how livable and reliable these are (especially given the level of competition at the time).  Any idea how many miles he has on it?  I've heard of many NSXs being driven well into the 200k mile range, and some have even crested 300k.

• Like 1

I know this is called Cars of the QC but let me do a vacation edition called Cars of Florida.  Lambos, Rolls, Ferraris are easily seen in Sunshine State.  These are from Ponte Vedra Beach near Jax, Orlando and of course Palm Beach and Miami (Miami easy to spot luxury big dollar cars especially downtown and Brickell area)  Got behind a Rolls convertible in Palm Beach! 

I will let those who know cars see if any are really special.  People in Florida are flashy especially in south Florida.  Yes threw in some American muscle car at Disney.  Saw an old 1950s Ford in Little Havana but could not get my camera out fast enough. 

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0788.JPG

IMG_0948.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1173.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1620.JPG

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

^In case anyone is curious, photo 1 - Porsche Panamera; 2 - Porsche 911 Carrera GTS Cabriolet; 3 - Ferrari F430 Spider; 4 - Audi Q3; 5 - Chevy Camaro RS; 6 - McLaren 570S Spider; 7 - Rolls-Royce Dawn; 8 - Ferrari 360 Spider; 9 - Maserati GranTurismo; 10-12 - Lamborghini Huracan LP580 Spyder; 13 - Ferrari 458 Spider.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nicholas said:

^In case anyone is curious, photo 1 - Porsche Panamera; 2 - Porsche 911 Carrera GTS Cabriolet; 3 - Ferrari F430 Spider; 4 - Audi Q3; 5 - Chevy Camaro RS; 6 - McLaren 570S Spider; 7 - Rolls-Royce Dawn; 8 - Ferrari 360 Spider; 9 - Maserati GranTurismo; 10-12 - Lamborghini Huracan LP580 Spyder; 13 - Ferrari 458 Spider.

I knew I could count on you to describe them and how expensive is that Lambo Huracan?  as I said people are very flashy in south Florida and Miami and Miami Beach the center of it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I knew I could count on you to describe them and how expensive is that Lambo Huracan?  as I said people are very flashy in south Florida and Miami and Miami Beach the center of it. 

That one is the Huracan LP580 which is the lowest trim level. Base price was probably around $210k, as the Spyder models have historically been slightly more expensive than the Coupes.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thorstein Veblen for the WIN!!*[ edit below]

IMG_3791.thumb.JPG.eeedb130fa5b027f4941e8691b80e8b2.jpg.ba59f9c414de360b9339fab9d1756f92.jpg

* In case some are unfamiliar with his work:  

Conspicuous consumption[edit]

In his most famous work, The Theory of the Leisure Class, Veblen writes critically of the leisure class for its role in fostering wasteful consumption.[

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Haha 1