BankTown Banking & Finance News

KJHburg

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this in Cushman and Wakefield's 3rd Qtr office report about Vanguard which occupies 2 whole buildings in the Water Ridge Office Park where they have 1000 plus or minus employees. 

""In the Airport submarket, Vanguard occupied its space at 2425 Cascade Pointe Blvd for 80,172 sf""  is this a true expansion  for them anyone know?   This is one of the Sealed Air Buildings on their campus that when they spun off Diversery they no longer needed.   A lot of their tech staff is based here in Charlotte. 

2425 Cascade Pointe Blvd.pdf (loopnet.com)

Vanguard was once going to lease a huge tower at LoSo Station at Scaleybark but Covid killed it.  

If Vanguard still has their other 2 buildings which I think they do this is a sizable expansion.    They do have 160 jobs many cross posted here in Charlotte or suburban Philadelphia and a few posted also in Scottsdale.  https://www.vanguardjobs.com/job-search-results/?keyword=Charlotte

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

I think this Jenius Bank is located in the Wework offices at 615 S College.  MUFG has a floor or two there from what I have been told.    Like the "Queen of Finance" comment 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Jenius is owned by Sumitomo, unlike MUFG which is Mitsubishi.  So, now 2 Japanese mega bank subsidiaries.  I think Jenius is located at 500 E Morehead (newer office building next to the Dowd YMCA)

I am getting my Japanese mega banks mixed up.  Yes it is MUFG up at wework in the Regions building.  This is great to have a 2nd mega Japanese bank locate here.  Many of them have huge offices in NY or LA or San Fran maybe they will continue to move more operations or create them like with this Jenius. 

日本の大手銀行の混乱をお詫びします。

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

I am getting my Japanese mega banks mixed up.  Yes it is MUFG up at wework in the Regions building.  This is great to have a 2nd mega Japanese bank locate here.  Many of them have huge offices in NY or LA or San Fran maybe they will continue to move more operations or create them like with this Jenius. 
日本の大手銀行の混乱ã‚'おè[emoji2398]«ã³ã—ます。

BankTown is banking still

My Japanese is just barely good enough to understand that sentence fully
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Desert Power said:

It is somewhat curious the announcement mentioned CIC and Uptown, but not Ballantyne.

I don't think they own the Ballantyne or Ft. Mill offices.  I also doubt they need both.   The announcement was also more around renovating the buildings they own.

• Like 3

I am getting the sense that hybrid work models are going to reduce remote work sites like Btyne and Ft Mill in favor of WFH and central office visits a few days a week.

I think suburban offices of all kinds are really going to take a huge hit in the hybrid work future.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...