BankTown Banking & Finance News

KJHburg

1 hour ago, turbocraig said:

Interesting that they’d use the Atlanta skyline in the background in this rendering.  Does anyone know what they’ll name this building now?  

IMG_1320.jpeg

Its Wells Fargo Center, and I'm guessing TVS design did the rendering, they are the architect of the building, and they are from ATL. What interests me, is the vantage point compared to Atlanta would suggest this is like a 18 floor building. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/12/1187175777/bank-of-america-agrees-to-pay-250-million-for-illegal-fees-fake-accounts

BoA taking inspiration from Wells Fargo 🤣

slap on the wrist and away you go you little scamp tsk tsk tsk

(fine is not even 1% of their profits last year. just another cost of doing business)

I read the CO. The amount of accounts in scope was extremely limited, and the Bank worked with the CFPB and OCC on this. That’s why the “slap on the wrist”

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’d like to see something like this new JPMC HQ in Charlotte.  It would be nice if they  build Charlotte’s new tallest tower.

F63877DC-0FD2-4763-80A9-E913E17E5438.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e36f6ac4198831377203ce62d51ab26c.jpeg

Cool thought but they won’t here. They are never going to have the employee type or office needs to do that

Edited by Blue_Devil
  • Thanks 1

quick search of jobs for Chase in Charlotte shows typical branch ones but some tech positions too.  Like a full stack Java engineer, software engineer III,  Middle market credit analysts etc.

https://jpmc.fa.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1002/requisitions?location=Charlotte%2C+NC%2C+United+States&locationId=300000020686076&locationLevel=city&mode=location&radius=25&radiusUnit=MI

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RANYC said:

What's the rumor on JPM Operations?  Disappointed this isn't in center city.

JPM lacks a lot of the OPs Risk, Compliance, and Control personnel their peer banks do, mainly because they have not had the regulatory issues their peers have. But banking trends are cyclical and JPM has not advanced their regulatory environment compared to their peers, so they are seeing a increase in lower level MRA and MRIA which come before enforcement actions. So they are trying to build up the knowledge base 

• Like 1

Wonder is JP Morgan Chase would anchor the proposed 300,000 sq ft building Lincoln Harris proposed on Carnegie Blvd.  Seems like they had an opporuntity with this new lease to make an entry in uptown but they did not.  Maybe to distinguish themselves from the other big banks uptown?  

this building I speak of

5954 Carnegie - Lincoln Harris

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

I doubt JPM are going to take a suburban space. Most of the employees they are hiring are uptown and Southpark still works for them

They’ve added just 24,000 square feet to the Southpark office for what I bet are commercial banking sales and coverage folks.  I could see them crafting a totally different set of real estate plans for a high-caliber risk, tech, internal audit, and compliance hub operation.  I could see a space in uptown or south-end as responding to that need.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 1:23 PM, SydneyCarton said:

I’d like to see something like this new JPMC HQ in Charlotte.  It would be nice if they  build Charlotte’s new tallest tower.

F63877DC-0FD2-4763-80A9-E913E17E5438.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e36f6ac4198831377203ce62d51ab26c.jpeg

I wish that they would build out like below and not up. The mountains would also be nice if they were closer to uptown. 

IMG_20230413_204113928.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well this does not sound good but could be neutral event for Charlotte if Truist concentrates more people here as they will be reducing their corporate footprint.  Some of you may know a lot more about this than is reported here. 

""Charlotte-based Truist Financial Corp.'s plan to cut costs includes a "sizable reduction" in its workforce and consolidation of its leadership team, the bank said in a conference presentation to investors today.

The moves are part of Truist's (NYSE: TFC) larger costs-savings program, which spans from the current third quarter to the first quarter of 2024. A spokesperson at the bank declined to disclose how many jobs will be cut.

The plan includes reducing about $750 million in costs over the next few quarters, which will allow the bank to lower expense growth substantially in 2024. Its reduction in force will shave off about $300 million in costs. Truist also plans to rationalize its technology spend, saving $200 million in that area, as well as save $250 million by consolidating leadership.  "Other cost saves initiatives include aggressively managing third-party spend, further reducing our corporate real estate footprint and rationalizing tech spend, among others," said Bill Rogers, Truist CEO and chairman, during the conference.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2023/09/11/truist-plan-sizeable-reduction-force-cost-savings.html

• Thanks 1

Truist is definitely cutting back in technology. I know a few people that have been let go or exited seeing the writing on the wall. I wouldn't expect any new towers from Truist soon as they are under pressure from investors to start producing the results they promised to justify the merger. Bad optics to be building show pieces while you don't produce those expense savings. 

• Like 4