BankTown Banking & Finance News

KJHburg

1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

BJKM might have a better idea, but I believe they (Robinhood) were trying to sub-lease just 1 of their 2 floors (this was a few months ago), but have idea if they ever moved in and if they are actually occupying the other floor.

I don't think there are any humans in the entire Deloitte building... Robinhood never really had people come in and Deloitte is basically work at the client / work from home / drop in once a month. If you go in the lobby at 8AM on Tuesday you'll see like 5 people in an hour.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, atlrvr said:

BJKM might have a better idea, but I believe they (Robinhood) were trying to sub-lease just 1 of their 2 floors (this was a few months ago), but have idea if they ever moved in and if they are actually occupying the other floor.

sounds like they will be closing the entire Robinhood Charlotte office and trying to sublease it all.  Great this new San Fran fintech is interested and seems to be hiring here already.

https://www.figure.com/

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

Are we getting actual fintech jobs from Figure in Charlotte (like product, technology, et.) or are we getting the "non-tech" portion of a fintech like customer service and processing? Just wondering what types of opportunities are coming our way as Robindhood's expansion included graphic design, product management, data science, software engineering, et... alongside customer service.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BJKM said:

Haha thanks. I’ve been lurking here since probably 2011 but I’m certainly no insider. I just come here for the pretty renderings and sassy internet warriors 

We are indeed. We’ve grown almost 100% in the last year. I am a trainer for them (former Cms chemistry teacher) and we are hiring a lot of customer service people. I train the people that service the HELOCs after they are funded. We use blockchain technology to originate the loans and business is booming. 

I am not privy to the details but it was presented to us as the “old Robinhood space”. I know that they want charlotte to be their biggest office out of all of our offices. Right now Reno, NV is our biggest but they’re expecting lots of growth here. I also know they want us to use a hybrid model (they want to move to 4 day work weeks eventually) so I am not sure how much space they took, but I know they are planning for about 200 of us located in charlotte. They showed us some renderings and it looks like we’re about half way up the building on the south facing side. Should be a good vantage point for some South End growth shots as well as the next LU tower about to rise. 

Welcome to the forum. Insight into our city's largest industry is always helpful.

• Like 4

^The 350 person job expansion is for the Bank of London, a start up that launched in Nov 2021. It will be the 6th clearing house bank in the UK focused on transaction banking. This won't be a consumer bank / household name. It has a $1.1 billion valuation so far, despite not having revenue yet. 

• Like 4