The Railyard at Lambert's Point (Under Construction)

vdogg

The Pilot has an article on this development. Late in the piece it notes that it will include an unannounced entertainment restaurant. Anyone want to guess which chain moves in? Personally, I feel like a Cinema Cafe would work well there especially with the unsure future of Regal at MacArthur.

https://www.pilotonline.com/2023/09/12/heres-how-the-40-million-lamberts-point-development-is-progressing-in-norfolk/

Edited by BeagleAccountant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SuffolkWahoo said:

So after doing a little research I learned that Afterglow Brewery and Sanctuary DMZ are already both open in the Rail Yard District.  I never saw anyone mention these businesses.

They’re part of the adjacent Colony development by IPConfigure, not the Railyard project. I believe they’ve both been mentioned in other threads in this forum though. 

ETA: Actually go back a couple of pages in this thread and it’s mentioned. 

Edited by HRVA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HRVA said:

They’re part of the adjacent Colony development by IPConfigure, not the Railyard project. I believe they’ve both been mentioned in other threads in this forum though. 

ETA: Actually go back a couple of pages in this thread and it’s mentioned. 

Gotcha.  Confusing because Wavy did a story and cited them as being in the RYD

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
4 hours ago, BFG said:

Yes. There’s at least one brewery over there, Afterglow, and I believe another one opened in the old Bold Mariner space. There’s also Chicken Salad Chick, Sanctuary tacos, and Biscuit Belly, although I’m not sure if the latter is open yet. All three are really good. 

Biscuit Belly is open. I ate there on Sunday. It was very good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BFG said:

Yes. There’s at least one brewery over there, Afterglow, and I believe another one opened in the old Bold Mariner space. There’s also Chicken Salad Chick, Sanctuary tacos, and Biscuit Belly, although I’m not sure if the latter is open yet. All three are really good. 

The former Bold Mariner space is now an EVMS building.

While this development has pretty standard suburban strip mall offerings, it has improved the curb appeal of this area in a major way and I really appreciate how loyal they stayed to the original renderings despite missing out on that bowling alley business.

Keep building/renovating between Hampton and Colley, and before you know it ODU and Ghent will feel like one community.

• Like 3

I think the entire development is trash. Still mostly disconnected from the surrounding community due to a lack of mixed use development, Hampton Blvd disconnects it from Kensington even though the streets line up with one another(24th, 25th and 26th all cross Hampton Blvd but small traffic curbs force you to turn right from the new development and make it impossible to drive directly across from Kensington).  The timing on the closest traffic light crossing the street from Kensington was absurdly long. Afterglow is near but separated from the new development by an offensively long, white gate and it doesn't even have walk up access(that's right!  You technically have to walk in the street to walk there from The Railyard. So close and yet, so far) The sidewalks along Hampton Blvd are still too narrow, especially against the type of truck traffic speed and volume there. Is that a huge parking lot I see? 😔... AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT ENGINE THEY WERE GONNA PUT ON THE CORNER!?  I was excited about that 😭 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ONCE1stBlvd said:

I think the entire development is trash. Still mostly disconnected from the surrounding community due to a lack of mixed use development, Hampton Blvd disconnects it from Kensington even though the streets line up with one another(24th, 25th and 26th all cross Hampton Blvd but small traffic curbs force you to turn right from the new development and make it impossible to drive directly across from Kensington).  The timing on the closest traffic light crossing the street from Kensington was absurdly long. Afterglow is near but separated from the new development by an offensively long, white gate and it doesn't even have walk up access(that's right!  You technically have to walk in the street to walk there from The Railyard. So close and yet, so far) The sidewalks along Hampton Blvd are still too narrow, especially against the type of truck traffic speed and volume there. Is that a huge parking lot I see? 😔... AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT ENGINE THEY WERE GONNA PUT ON THE CORNER!?  I was excited about that 😭 

That's disappointing! We were going to walk over there from Downtown.  I think we will use lyft now.  Thanks for the input. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arctic_Tern said:

Do we know if the grocery store is still a part of the development? Everything else is built and a lot of the staging/construction equipment is gone, but the area where the grocer is supposed to be is just empty.

Lidl purchased the site last August but they can be pretty slow to develop. After their initial launch in the US, they’ve really slowed their pace. There’s quite a few sites they had purchased and later abandoned plans but those were all acquired years prior to this one. Hopefully they’ve figured their strategy out and that’s not the case here but time will tell. 

• Like 1