Cabarrus/Rowan Developments

rancenc

There seems to be quite a bit of land clearing and prep work on the east side of Goodman Road fronting I-85.  For those who are not familiar with the location, is right off of Poplar Tent Road and is an alternative route between Poplar Tent Road and Kannapolis Parkway.  There is quite a bit of new warehouse development as well as residential and a major shopping center (Afton Ridge) to the north of this property. 

GOODMAN.JPG

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rancenc said:

There seems to be quite a bit of land clearing and prep work on the east side of Goodman Road fronting I-85.  For those who are not familiar with the location, is right off of Poplar Tent Road and is an alternative route between Poplar Tent Road and Kannapolis Parkway.  There is quite a bit of new warehouse development as well as residential and a major shopping center (Afton Ridge) to the north of this property. 

that is for another big box warehouse I remember reading about it not sure how big or by whom but is for a warehouse development. 

• Like 3

I wouldn't call it growth opposition per say, like in Lake Wylie. Someone in the article said they weren't trying to stop the growth but be smarter in how they are taking on the growth. Making sure infrastructure and the school system keep up with the growth. I am more supportive of this approach vs just trying to halt any and all growth indefinitely. Stagnation is not a goal to shoot for. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 12:23 PM, KJHburg said:

that is for another big box warehouse I remember reading about it not sure how big or by whom but is for a warehouse development. 

According to this new gallery from Clear Sky, it's for an Amazon facility. 

https://photos.clearskyimages.com/2020-03-413-goodman-concord-nc-hli

The I-85 corridor through the Charlotte region is quickly becoming more and more built up.

Screenshot (277).png

Screenshot (278).png

Screenshot (279).png

Screenshot (280).png

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 7:35 PM, NCMike1990 said:

According to this new gallery from Clear Sky, it's for an Amazon facility. 

https://photos.clearskyimages.com/2020-03-413-goodman-concord-nc-hli

The I-85 corridor through the Charlotte region is quickly becoming more and more built up.

Screenshot (277).png

Drove by this site today and it does indeed does look like it is for Amazon according to this Biz Journal article from  yesterday.  Here are my drive by shots.

""A commercial permit was filed last week for 413 Goodman Road, a 47.7-acre site, by Evans General Contractors to build a 200,533-square-foot building at an estimated cost of $35.1 million. A previous plan review filed in November 2019 for the same site was filed with the project name "DLT3," according to Cabarrus County records.  Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) operates facilities in the area with similar names — DLT1 is a delivery center in Charlotte, near its Wilkinson Boulevard receiving center, and DLT2 is a delivery station in Greensboro.""

this would be 6th Amazon facility in Charlotte area 3 in Charlotte itself, 1 in Kannapolis and this would be the 2nd one for Concord all different in their operations.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/03/31/amazon-facility-appears-headed-to-this-industrial.html

IMG_5953.JPG

IMG_5951.JPG

IMG_5952.JPG

IMG_5954.JPG

• Like 4

Followup posting from KJHburg announcement in the ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT forum on jobs coming to Cabarrus County.  Always good to hear of continued development throughout our region.  Definitely a change of pace from the gloom and doom postings of a lot of contributors!:tw_open_mouth:

https://www.nccommerce.com/news/press-releases/global-manufacturer-high-end-home-cabinetry-selects-cabarrus-county-257-job

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

there is still over 1800 acres LEFT to develop out there including what they are calling the 750 acre super site basically the old plant site that has been demolished.  

Here is an updated brochure from the Grounds at Concord aka Phillip morris property.  the pending site I think is the Golden Home cabinets location.  

http://www.thegroundsatconcord.com/uploads/1/2/0/5/120511666/the_grounds_at_concord_-_full_site_overview_-_2020.pdf

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...