The McClaren

vicupstate

I don't understand why we are continuing to litigate the same thing over and over again. 

I think most think its ugly, hopefully the city has learned to better consider finishes and design details, and I'm still optimistic that the finishing touches, landscaping, and activation will improve the impact of this project

Edited by NewlyUpstate
  • Like 4

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, NewlyUpstate said:

I don't understand why we are continuing to litigate the same thing over and over again. 

I think most think its ugly, hopefully the city has learned to better consider finishes and design details, and I'm still optimistic that the finishing touches, landscaping, and activation will improve the impact of this project

Get on the board and show them how things should be done then. 🙂 I have no issue with it. I'm like them I suppose.

• Sad 1

On 5/15/2023 at 11:19 AM, NewlyUpstate said:

Could be the city’s fault. Maybe this is what THEY wanted. Just sayin’. I still like it being different and over 5 stories. 

Edited by apaladin
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Purpose Financial will be moving into their space this month. Always good seeing a new corporate headquarters coming downtown and with 150 workers at that. Can’t forget about UCB and Canal also. Three new major corporate headquarters with hundreds of new jobs each is awesome to see. Hopefully Project Blue will continue this trend.

Edited by gman430
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

Looks like Purpose Financial will be moving into their space this month. Always good seeing a new corporate headquarters coming downtown and with 150 workers at that. Can’t forget about UCB and Canal also. Three new major corporate headquarters with hundreds of new jobs each is awesome to see. Hopefully Project Blue will continue this trend.

But, but.. nothing ever gets completed in Greenville, nothing ever gets off the ground, nothing ever happens here...  :ph34r:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, motonenterprises said:

It's not for you. The people that it intended for will pay it.

GVLer, given the McClaren’s range of uses, of course it’s for you.  Even if it weren’t, only the property/business owners could make that determination.

In the Greenville that I grew up in (with Max Heller as mayor), inclusivity was cherished.  Exclusion was not.  It’s troubling to see voices of exclusion and misinformation.

Edited by PuppiesandKittens
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, GVLer said:

How do my comments about dislike of the architecture have anything to do with "inclusivity"? Stop reaching to twist the comment into something it is not. That is insulting. 

I fully agree with everything that you’ve said in this thread.  It was someone else who keeps being uninclusive.

Words that should never be heard in Greenville are “leave” and “this place isn’t for you”.  Someone else keeps saying those things.

Edited by PuppiesandKittens

20 hours ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

GVLer, given the McClaren’s range of uses, of course it’s for you.  Even if it weren’t, only the property/business owners could make that determination.

In the Greenville that I grew up in (with Max Heller as mayor), inclusivity was cherished.  Exclusion was not.  It’s troubling to see voices of exclusion and misinformation.

It's life. Everything isn't for everybody. It is what it is. There are things I can't afford. I just don't worry about it or try to find a way to afford it. Our level is our level. Everyone can't be rich.

Edited by motonenterprises
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

This building looks to be nearing occupancy despite a section of cladding missing along the top. I think the reason p!$$ poor architecture bothers me so much is the lasting impact. And the half assed architecture could have been salvaged with exceptional construction. But alas…the quality seems to match the subpar architecture. A shame….a giant skyline imposing shame. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...