Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

I’m grateful that in this year of pandemic-induced layoffs, of a decimated hotel industry and the cancellation of hotel projects, and murmurings about flight from inner cities to suburban low-rise office space, we actually have a massive new banking HQ, bringing thousands of high-paying jobs right into city center (envy of any city in the sunbelt), and planning to construct additional offices.  Find myself not really caring about this signage at the moment.  

• Like 1

Absolutely friggin terrible signage. So disappointing. Ugly. Tacky. Disproportionate for the way the top of the building is. Covers aesthetic details at the top of the building.
Looks like a billboard. Like a bumper sticker on a Bentley.
If i banked with them I’d close my accounts.
I dislike this more than I dislike that the mechanical/elevator housing room sticks above the fencing on top of the Ally Building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

They spent like six dollars on deciding their name as 'Truist' so naturally they spent thirty dollars on the sign. It's not surprising. I think some good pranks could of been made with the picture too... "post presidential trump to have new 'Trump Tower' in Charlotte, NC."

Had to go out front to see this in person. It’s actually worse in real life then these pictures.

It’s laughable, that’s my emotion. Actually physical laughter when I look at this.

I’m not fan of LU1, or the top of Ally , but I don’t laugh and shake my head with what I dislike about them. This thing here is a whole other level of critique that I’m not sure is even definable.

Honestly how does the person who had the final sign off on this project not loose his job. They need another line of work and CEO should step it. It’s humiliating.

And I’m not at all even coming from the stand point of what it does architecturally to the building. That’s irrelevant. Although entirely valid as well.

You are a joke....

24f9d5e61cda4f4adfc08441b2086aed.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Maybe they’ll come to their senses when the higher-ups get a gander of this in real life.  It wouldn’t be nearly as bad if the smaller “T” logo were on all four sides -   like a pimple on an otherwise beautiful face, not like a giant cyst you try to avert with your eyes but you just can’t.  

• Like 3

It reminds me of the best bar on earth (I bought a dog a shot here once and also saw a racoon fall out of the recessed ceiling, but not on the same night)

The 31 Greatest Bar Names in America - Featuring Jon Taffer - Thrillist

I don't think that was the look they were going for...

(and also a considerably less charming bar, but they do host the Mullet Toss)

Ravin' In The Redneck Rivera

[no dogs actually drank any liquor, but it did sit on a stool and tossed back a plastic shot glass full of dog treats while everybody else got a shot]

Dive bar dog “drinks” shots for charity at Snake and Jake's in New Orleans  - YouTube

(it seems I have digressed. To get us back on topic: Damn that sign sucks!)

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

GD!  This makes the WeWork sign on the First Citizens tower over looking Romare look good...If you wanted to taunt a sign that obnoxious, you should have built your own tower, Truist...don't wreck the Hearst!  I'm sure it will look okay at night with it's lighting scheme, but dayum...

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1