Vantage South End - 1100 S Tryon

KJHburg

• 2 weeks later...

Just looking at their final plat as part of the rezoning.  It seems to be limited by height 180 feet so with now 11 stories that is 16 feet per floor which is about height of an office floor.  The rezoning did not give a maximum square footage of office space allowed unless I missed it.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2018/080-095/2018-085 approved site plan.pdf

• Like 3

The land use submittal has 490k of office space and I think 20-30k of retail, so overall, the project is about 50% bigger than Railyards.

https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/office/aig-eyes-atlanta-dallas-for-corporate-consolidation-70501

I still have my hopes set on the above, which ended up picking neither city, and has since downsized in Atlanta and grown in Charlotte....no knowledge, other than the rumor last fall they were looking to grow multiple units in Charlotte.

• Like 3

The land use submittal has 490k of office space and I think 20-30k of retail, so overall, the project is about 50% bigger than Railyards.
https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/office/aig-eyes-atlanta-dallas-for-corporate-consolidation-70501
I still have my hopes set on the above, which ended up picking neither city, and has since downsized in Atlanta and grown in Charlotte....no knowledge, other than the rumor last fall they were looking to grow multiple units in Charlotte.

They are gonna do 40k of retail. Either they submitted with less to build less parking, or the hotel/parking deck retail isn’t included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/12/2019 at 4:55 PM, pgsinger said:

We have not talked about this one much in a while.  We moved out last week, so I am more or less tapped out of updates.  However, I did snap the two pics below prior to leaving.  I have no idea what they are, but my guess would be electric conduits to use during construction.  DFA had a temporary electric box installed near the Camden/Tryon intersection. 

Also, Spectrum was supposedly drafting letters instructing tenants to get out as soon as their leases ended and trying to convince tenants not to try holding over.  We were trying to holdover because our new space was delayed significant by the LL.  I never saw the letter (I would have), so I am not sure it actually went out.  Interestingly, they never told us we could not holdover.  The only answer we got from Spectrum was they could not get in touch with Invesco.  Also, in January, they built out the first floor for Fontem Ventures.  The places is much nicer than when it was Cardinal Innovations, but nothing very expensive all cubicles.  

I am sticking with my bet that nothing happens at this site until after June 1.

20190304_150909.thumb.jpg.9cbf373efd8c380cdfdfc656721d2683.jpg

This kind of looks like a groundwater monitoring well? I'm assuming if its in SouthEnd, there's nasty stuff in the ground.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow... I was looking for this thread and was surprised to see it fell all the way to page 3 in the Charlotte forum.  I was anticipating an anchor tenant announcement by now. 

Really, I was expecting to hear news out of LendingTree, Lowe's, or maybe AIG by now (regardless of location).  

Without asking for specific details, does anyone have any general timeline updates they can share?  Any rumored announcements anytime soon?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, lancer22 said:

Yes it has to be a 2021 although I think Q1 is doable

February 2018, Rail Yard didn't even have footers poured. Just Saying. If they really boogied on this. I think its possible to occupy by December 31st, 2020

9 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

February 2018, Rail Yard didn't even have footers poured. Just Saying. If they really boogied on this. I think its possible to occupy by December 31st, 2020

Now that you mention it, may not be that crazy. Can work on the deck and structure at same time....

• Like 1