Hampton Roads Off-Topic Talk

Cotuit

:lol: He jumped from 2 post ahead to 170 post in a week :o. True, I don't post as much as I used to but thats a good thing. This forum has become pretty much self-sustaining. I started off posting like crazy because I really needed to jumpstart and sustain the forum to justify us having our own space here. Obviously thats not needed any more. I don't feel the need to respond to every thread anymore, just the ones that interest me the most. Oh, and i've also been working on compiling Hampton Roads Projects listing v2.0  :lol: . I'm trying to go with a different format this time. It'll probably be a few weeks before it's up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great! I can't wait. I wasn't posting to get that and I always thought the stars where for the admins only.

Great! I can't wait. I wasn't posting to get that and I always thought the stars where  for the admins only.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, they're for everybody, but it really slows down from here on out. You need another 2500 to get your next star (city) then comes metropolis and so on.

Yes this forum is doing quite well and I am so happy about that! :) As far as v2 for the project thread that is very good too. I was looking over Charlotte's the last few days and what they have going on there is truly incredible!. It would be neat if a map could be made something like this although I realize we have 7 different cities versus their one city.

Yeah, I saw this earlier today. Thats a horrible blow to Wards Corner and to Norfolk because it's these one of a kind establishments that make our area unique and special. I really hope Norfolk gets to work soon on establishing their Wards corner plan. The more places that go out of business the harder it will be to recover.

Yeah, I saw this earlier today. Thats a horrible blow to Wards Corner and to Norfolk because it's these one of a kind establishments that make our area unique and special. I really hope Norfolk gets to work soon on establishing their Wards corner plan. The more  places that go out of business the harder it will be to recover.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I agree with that. If the plans go like they expect to it would be great with the outdoor cafe's and such and possible hotel thats suppose to have a little height with it too.

Richmond was on the map for the ibooks....now Virginia Beach is on the map for Robertson calling for the assassination of Foreign leaders lol..... he's such a fool. Can't we vote him off of Virginia or something!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While I don't support Pat's call for the assassination, I do generally support him and what he does as I am a Christian. I do not think it appropriate to ban him from Virginia just because he says something you don't agree with.

I'm well aware of that... It was just a joke. Hence the inclusion of the Richmond ibook fiasco.

You must be concerned however, that such a high profile "Christian leader" is condoning and suggesting the murder of another human being.

I swear there was a commandment somewhere about how that kind of stuff :)

Oh well, I'm done. It was all over the news and I just thought I'd bring it up jokingly. I'm sorry.

While I don't support Pat's call for the assassination, I do generally support him and what he does as I am a Christian. I do not think it appropriate to ban him from Virginia just because he says something you don't agree with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm a Christian too but he is out of hand and I don't really feel his intentions are really true. He is out to make money and he will have to answer for that later on. He is purely a businessman in my eyes.

I'm well aware of that... It was just a joke. Hence the inclusion of the Richmond ibook fiasco.

You must be concerned however, that such a high profile "Christian leader" is condoning and suggesting the murder of another human being.

Oh well, I'm done. It was all over the news and I just thought I'd bring it up jokingly. I'm sorry.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh ok, I understand, and thank you for your apology. In regards to the commandment, yes, it is against the commandment to kill another human being, but not when it comes to war. In the Bible, killing in wars was justified under the right circumstances, but we are not in a war with Venezuela, although his links to terror could be a circumstance maybe.

If any of you watched the actual program while he was on you wouldn't be concerned over what he said. Asked if he would condone an assasination he replied, I feel that since we have the means we should assasinate rather that get into another war. This is just another example of the media not including the whole story. They clipped parts of the statements they didn't like and came up with a story. If you watch the actual clip you will notice that there is alot of stuff that he said along side of this comment that never made it in the news. If you ask me it is criminal for the media to do this.

If any of you watched the actual program while he was on you wouldn't be concerned over what he said.  Asked if he would condone an assasination he replied, I feel that since we have the means we should assasinate rather that get into another war.  This is just another example of the media not including the whole story.  They clipped parts of the statements they didn't like and came up with a story.  If you watch the actual clip you will notice that there is alot of stuff that he said along side of this comment that never made it in the news.  If you ask me it is criminal for the media to do this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

very well said. i didn't actually watch it but i have seen some of the 700 club before. This happens all too often with today's media... :(

If any of you watched the actual program while he was on you wouldn't be concerned over what he said.  Asked if he would condone an assasination he replied, I feel that since we have the means we should assasinate rather that get into another war.  This is just another example of the media not including the whole story.  They clipped parts of the statements they didn't like and came up with a story.  If you watch the actual clip you will notice that there is alot of stuff that he said along side of this comment that never made it in the news.  If you ask me it is criminal for the media to do this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats the liberal media for you. They twist the truth to make it into something else. They want to get their points across so they twist things that are said or only play a portion of what is said. What can you really do but blast back at them with the truth! Buy air time and show the entire statement and make the liberal media look like @sses!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl: . It's amazing how these commandments disappear sometimes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did watch it. Not as virulent as the media would have you believe but still quite inappropriate. As I said earlier though, I really don't think it's gonna matter much.

Actually the commandment says though shall not murder not "kill". So killing Chavez for security reasons or threat to us is not wrong.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, it does say "Thou shalt not kill." Exodus 20:13 in the King James Version. I'm guessing you use, what I consider to be a watered-down version of the Bible, most likely the NIV. But still, that doesn't change the point. Killing in war is quite different than killing out of war. It is ok to kill Chavez for war reasons, but it is quite debateable as to whether killing chavez could be considered part of the "war".

Edited by okinawatyphoon

Actually, it does say "Thou shalt not kill." Exodus 20:13 in the King James Version. I'm guessing you use, what I consider to be a watered-down version of the Bible, most likely the NIV. But still, that doesn't change the point. Killing in war is quite different than killing out of war. It is ok to kill Chavez for war reasons, but it is quite debateable as to whether killing chavez could be considered part of the "war".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually they have proven that they screwed up the Hebrew translation and it suppose to say thou shalt not murder. Look it up

very well said. i didn't actually watch it but i have seen some of the 700 club before. This happens all too often with today's media... :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Speaking of the 700 Club....

They might have changed this since, but I remember watching it one time, and they always had this picture of some cities' skyline in the background. I think it was New York or Chicago or something like that. That always bugged me. I was like how come they don't have the Virginia Beach skyline in the background. :P Not that there is much of one, but maybe downtown Norfolk? Or even like the Founder's Inn, and that whole CBN complex or something? I dunno, just always thought that was interesting. :P