Hampton Roads Off-Topic Talk

Cotuit

vdogg, regarding the Gaddams' question:  "where will Norfolk be in 10 years?'  It may become the World Capital of the Religious Right if that man isn't kept in check by cooler heads!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: Trust me, if that were the case then Norfolk would fervently claim he's Va. Beach's problem and wash their hands of him.

Anyone who has watched Robertson speak in person rather than scripted like it is on the 700 Club would know the guy is senile. His speeches are incoherent. It's like stream of consciousness; there is no point to his talking. If asked a question he will rail against or rally around the topic of the question rather than answering it. On the 700 Club, his speeches are perfectly written and the callers are screened. Everything is canned like it is on network news. You're not going to see Robertson pull a Robert Novak stunt. The media may have taken Robertson's quote out of context of the show, but it's not out of context of the real Pat Robertson. You never know what to expect out of this guy because he's not all there. And he isn't like Falwell trying to get attention.

The real problem with Robertson is that he ran for President and at one time was a trusted advisor of many politicians. This image still carries around the world. So when Robertson says something, people in other countries think we or our government take him seriously. In fact, it's like any one of us rhetorically asking a friend, "hey wouldn't it be easier and cheaper if we just took out Chavez instead of letting him spread his communist paranoia?"

Edited by hoobo

:o I never stood a chance against you.  I just looked at our averages and I only average 7 post per day while you average 12.6.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been all over the site now. I use to just stay in here and then I seen something that sparked my interest and now i'm all over expressing my point!

I have been all over the site now. I use to just stay in here and then I seen something that sparked my interest and now i'm all over expressing my point!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm...Just doing a quick once over of the forums and it seems a lot of you have wandered off the reservation as of late :lol:. Good to see everyone participating on the

rest of the board, it helps to make HR's presence known. :)

Hmm...Just doing a quick once over of the forums and it seems a lot of you have wandered off the reservation as of late  :lol: . Good to see everyone participating on the

rest of the board, it helps to make HR's presence known.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know what haven't really seen Kiddo on lately. Hope all is well.

Hey guys, I haven't been posting in a while....is anyone else having trouble accessing www.pilotonline.com?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, for starters, the address is not www.pilotonline.com , it has been changed to http://www.hamptonroads.com/pilotonline . I think it directs you there still, but I have had no problems.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Rus, If you want to see something neat click on "My assistant" at the top of the forum and click on "todays top 10 posters". We're leading the pack :lol: .

Funny, i've been on this site forever and I never noticed that little utility. It's pretty cool.

Hey Rus, If you want to see something neat click on "My assistant" at the top of the forum and click on "todays top 10 posters". We're leading the pack  :lol: .

Funny, i've been on this site forever and I never noticed that little utility. It's pretty cool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know i've looked at and pondered if i should click on it to see what it was but never did. We are burning up the posts. I never post whore though. If I don't have anything to say that means anything I don't say it.

You know i've looked at and pondered if i should click on it to see what it was but never did. We are burning up the posts. I never post whore though. If I don't have anything to say that means anything I don't say it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, me either, but considering how long some of those other guys have been on the site I was kinda shocked that we'd be that high.