KrispyKreme/JAB Holdings/JAB Beech in Charlotte

Scribe

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

this is SWEET deal for Asana and yes our I mean their corporate HQ of Krispy Kreme sold for a record amount!

Asana made off with a lot of dough! 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2021/05/28/asana-partners-sells-south-end-buildings.html

A fund sponsored by CBRE Global Investors has acquired what it calls the South End Collection, including 2116 Hawkins St., 222 Rampart St. and 307 W. Tremont Ave. The nearly 110,000-square-foot portfolio was acquired for $69 million, according to Mecklenburg County real estate records.  All three buildings in the portfolio are fully leased.  

Krispy Kreme fully leases the 37,351-square-foot building at 2116 Hawkins for a corporate office and retail operations. The 24,210-square-foot building at 222 Rampart is leased to Skiptown, which opened a dog daycare, boarding and bar facility there last year. Coworking company Spaces and entertainment venue Pins Mechanical Co. lease the third building, at 307 West Tremont, which measures 47,533 square feet.  The Krispy Kreme building was acquired for $30 million, or slightly more than $800 per square foot. That surpasses the previous per-square-foot record for office space set last year, the $201 million sale of The RailYard, which sold for about $612 per square foot.

Eat some NC based and founded sweet doughnuts this weekend!

I wonder if this spurs the start of the Off Broadway Shoe location in SouthEnd. They also own the Pharmacy and Carwash close by as well I believe.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

As Krispy Kreme gets ready to go public it is no longer hiding that Charlotte is the corporate HQ read the top part of their S-1 filing. 

S-1 (sec.gov)

Interesting on their plans for future growth with a hub and spoke model with the Hot Light Theater Stores and their smaller Fresh shops in the close proximity to the bigger stores.

It is one sweet plan! 

Interesting. This was definitely a quiet move. I don't expect any public announcement unless the media picks up on this.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Great interview with CEO of Krispy Kreme on Squawk Box today. You can listen to it on podcast version of the show. Did you know a third of their billion plus sold donuts last year were gifted? We all know our man @KJHburg did his part. Very interesting listen about their strategy as a company.  

https://squawk-pod.simplecast.com/episodes/the-donut-debut-krispy-kreme-on-the-nasdaq-100-years-of-chinas-communist-party

• Like 3

IPO did not go well. The final valuation left DNUT about $45 million short of the cash they needed to pay down debt maturing this year (paying this debt off was the primary purpose of the IPO).

Krispy Kreme does not have a good history as a public company, I hope they can turn it around.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Top management and I agree this is not to be missed tonight on the History Channel.

https://play.history.com/shows/the-food-that-built-america/season-3/episode-3    Krispy Kreme on the Food that Built America.  From our humble Winston Salem roots to our corporate staff now on Hawkins St in Southend we have survived. 

I went to the Krispy Kreme near red square in 2018 during the World Cup. It shocked me it was there. Have they begun to close their Russian locations?

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 7:51 AM, KJHburg said:

Top management and I agree this is not to be missed tonight on the History Channel.

https://play.history.com/shows/the-food-that-built-america/season-3/episode-3    Krispy Kreme on the Food that Built America.  From our humble Winston Salem roots to our corporate staff now on Hawkins St in Southend we have survived. 

So how was the show?

It was great.  The reason Vernon Rudolph chose Winston Salem that in the 1930s very cities were booming but Winston was with the large cigarette plants of RJ Reynolds.  He came to town but his last dollars down on a property on Main St ( in what is now Old Salem) open a wholesale outlet.  But workers kept coming to his door to buy direct.  Vernon told his brother that was the future and opened a walk up window and sold the doughnuts direct.  The rest as they say is history.  Dunkin Donuts even tried to buy KK but the Rudolph brothers would not sell.  Also they mention the recipe was from a friend of their father's in New Orleans.  

• Like 3