Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

24 minutes ago, titanhog said:

This is one building where I’m slightly perplexed on the height allowance.  I realize it’s supposed to be a “stair step” back away from the street..but it still looks significantly taller / larger than the buildings surrounding it.  I’ll wait until they’re totally finished before saying too much more…but I am scratching my head a little.

I scratch my head at a lot of the stuff allowed on Broadway now. There might as well not even be a Historic Commision. They will ding someone over a sign but allow a stupid rooftop addition that looks horrible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Well I remember when most of them were filled with dusty storage or old furniture or completely vacant.  Second Avenue buildings had dirt or old plank floors. They were warehouses. This isn't Paris or London.  The street is occupied for one principal reason...to have a good time.  People who party there don't give a crap for trendy shops or crystal shops or such.  There is a very small  area that is the place where people come from all over the world to visit.  I welcome the absence of pawnshops and peepshows.   Y'all don't realize how good we have it.

Just because someone doesn’t like the corporate feel of these artist branded bars doesn’t mean they don’t realize how good of a thing Nashville has. I don’t necessarily mind this branding these artists are trying for, but it is a tad silly. It’s possible to enjoy not having peep shows on broad and not like the fact that these bars are doing what they’re doing at the same time

• Thanks 3

There’s no denying the obvious success of 5th & Broad, yet it obtains this distinction because of its unique mix of hospitality and retail, office and residential offerings. A place that has something for almost everyone, not some gimmicky derived dive bars hiding behind celebrity names and mediocre food . Are they really better then the rat hole vibes of the past, maybe in structure but probably not on morality or excessiveness. If these celebrities and their development partners really want to make a change, then maybe a different approach should be considered, like actual theaters for which they can perform actual entertainment shows like the residency shows they partake in Las Vegas. Just my two cents, even if it’s worthless. 

2 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Huh?  I was referring to my opinion that diluting the venue density there would do little good and great harm there to what visitors want.  I see no problem with "corporate" venues there except ones like the silly proposal for a boring pharmacy there years ago.   I think a circus is EXACTLY what makes the area from 5th to the river attractive to so many.  Not me particularly, as I lean toward classical and opera, but I just think "character" or "diversity" is not exctly the goal there.  However, the new 5th and Broadway complex I think has added a great deal of diversity and vitality to the area.   I seldom  care to criticise such obvious success.

I’m all for the circus growing, I agree that’s drawing in more people. Not sure if you agree or not, but it’s not the names of the artists on the signage that bringing the people in. That’s what I think is silly. More power to those peacocks, but their names on the buildings is not the reason for the obvious success.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2024 at 7:05 AM, markhollin said:

Blue Parrot (3 story bar) update: fencing down; sidewalks complete.

Looking SE from intersection of 3rd Ave. South and Molloy St:

Blue Parrot, March 3, 2024.jpeg

When start building…. :alc: underconstruction? 🚧 

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Haha 1