Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think lower Broadway should be left as is and the traffic shut off on Fridays or Saturdays (like certain streets in the French Quarter.) If you change it up too much, it begins to look manufactured, like that 'entertainment district' in Louisville.  

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, japan said:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think lower Broadway should be left as is and the traffic shut off on Fridays or Saturdays (like certain streets in the French Quarter.) If you change it up too much, it begins to look manufactured, like that 'entertainment district' in Louisville.  

I kind of agree, but I do think wider sidewalks would be a good thing.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, japan said:

You have a damn good point.  I do, however, still think there should be a lane lopped off of each side for the purposes of widening the sidewalk.  It just makes sense.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 4

I drive on lower broad pretty frequently and from what I can tell the only real use that the right lanes get on each side is liquor and beer deliveries. Personally I think that with the improvements they've made with the pedestrian-traffic flow down there (no more turning right through mobs of pedestrians, diagonal crosswalks, etc), there doesn't seem to be much need for traffic lanes beyond one lane each way and a middle turning lane. 

• Like 2

So in the core right now what is next to get going that hasn't started yet? Endeavor, Hyatt Lifeway site hotel, one of the hotels on KVB, Federal Courthouse or the proposed office tower at KVB roundabout? I didn't include the 2nd st dual tower project with its Court for January, seems like we could be a ways off there.

16 minutes ago, wreynol4 said:

So in the core right now what is next to get going that hasn't started yet? Endeavor, Hyatt Lifeway site hotel, one of the hotels on KVB, Federal Courthouse or the proposed office tower at KVB roundabout? I didn't include the 2nd st dual tower project with its Court for January, seems like we could be a ways off there.

From what I can gather the Endeavor project should be next. The Hyatt is not due to start until January, but demo work may start sooner. The KVB tower has hoops to jump before they even get to the starting line, such as financing, The Downtown Design review board, MDHA, etc. No details have been presented.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ The one you maybe referring to on KVB is The Joseph (20 stories). Also Embassy Suites (30 stories), Curio Hotel (19 stories), Drury Plaza Hotel (21 stories), Hilton Tru/Homewood Suites (10 stories), Margaritaville Hotel (12 stories), Tapestry/Printing House by Hilton (10 stories), So Bro Hyatt House (about 7 stories), Sixth Ave South Apts (10 and 8 stories), Lifestyle Communities SoBro (10 stories), W Hotel in Gulch (16 stories), and Hampton Inn/Tru dual brand in Gulch (about 10 stories), are either just started or should begin within the next six months in/within 1/2 mile of the core.

Have any of those actually started? I thought all of those were still "in the works"

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Have any of those actually started? I thought all of those were still "in the works"

Drury has, if you count demo and excavation. Hilton Tru is also, to my knowledge either started or very, very close. Margaritaville is financed. Curio/Embassy demo'd and is waiting for the Cambria to complete.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dmillsphoto said:

Curio/Embassy demo'd and is waiting for the Cambria to complete.

I'm guessing because there just isn't enough room on that corner for both to be happening at the same time? Is that a whoever is ready first gets to go first situation?

Update on property directly west/SW of the Westin Hotel from Nashville Post:

One year after a Louisiana real estate investor and developer paid a reported $13.5 million for a SoBro site located across 10th Avenue from Cummins Station, the owner has yet to disclose plans for the property.

Anthony J. Iarocci, CEO of New Orleans-based Key Real Estate Co., bought the property, a parking lot located at 810 Lea Ave,. in July 2016. The 1.3-acre site is located near the Music City Center roundabout, the MCC and the Westin. Iarocci created AMG 810 Lea LLC for the purchase.

Multiple calls to Key Real Estate to ask Iarocci if a project is planned or, rather, if he wants to hold long-term went unreturned. The company website shows no project planned for the site.

Key Real Estate bill itself as a development, acquisition, redevelopment, construction, asset and property management firm with more than $300 million worth of apartment building assets under management.

Here is a screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent Development Map showing the oddly shaped parcel:

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 9.21.46 AM.png

• Like 1