Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

The Arcade rebuild has some sad news: Manny's Pizza may be closing after a 40 year run.

The Maccas noted on their Facebook page Monday concerns related to operating a full kitchen once renovations are completed. They write at the post's end that they are "uncertain" as to their future, and it is unclear if they could reopen elsewhere — or even reopen in The Arcade.

"We are uncertain what the future holds for us in The Arcade at this time, but we hope to see you all again."

Lowe, who serves as managing director for the local office of Dallas-based commercial real estate company Stream, said ownership worked with the Maccas for the past two years, with a goal of having Manny’s House of Pizza remain in The Arcade.

"We have explored multiple layouts within The Arcade and on adjacent properties for the future of their business, and are continuing this dialogue," he said. "The objective has been supporting a larger restaurant with a prep kitchen and dining room. From the ownership side, staying in their current front footprint continues to be an option but the back portion needed to accommodate other leasing parameters. We echo Manny’s sentiment, and hope there is a path forward."

In regards to the overall Arcade update:

"The vast majority of the infrastructure work is now completed, which was quite a task given the property is over 120 years old," he said. "Now we're focused on the tenant mix and are hopeful The Arcade will come back to life starting this fall and hopefully a full slate of tenants by next spring."

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/manny-s-to-close-in-the-arcade/article_b93a44d8-403c-11ee-96fb-2b6e5884a228.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

UBS Tower  will have a new 4,000 sq. ft. street level restaurant called Back 40 Nashville opening in spring of 2024. A build-out permit of $950,000 has been granted for the spot on the northwest corner of the intersection of Third Avenue North and Union Street (see below).

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/downtown-tower-restaurant-to-open-in-2024/article_6cd58b1e-4061-11ee-8960-0bd53e6c5315.html

Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 7.22.29 AM.png

I liked that concept several years ago (?) when they were going to do like a glass cube-type addition on this side of the building....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bnacincy said:

If it's impossible for them to stay in the Arcade maybe they could move to one of the vacant buildings on 5th Ave...is it my understanding that the people redeveloping the Arcade have bought a few of these properties?

The quote below (in Mark's post) references Rob Lowe stating they have explored slots within The Arcade and neighboring properties. Hopefully they are able to find a way to work it out. I have never eaten at Manny's, but I know they have a big following.

21 hours ago, markhollin said:

"We have explored multiple layouts within The Arcade and on adjacent properties for the future of their business, and are continuing this dialogue,"

• Like 4

TC Restaurant Group 107 4th Ave. North (6 story entertainment bar) has landed a $9.5 million construction loan from three Ohio businessmen — the CEO of electric company Romanoff Group, the CEO of Noble Cut Distillery and a private wealth advisor at Comprehensive Wealth Partners.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/08/22/tc-restaurant-group-fourth-ave-honky-tonk.html

Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 3.33.20 PM.png

• Like 3

Nashville-based LFM Capital is expanding its Germantown office at 1312 and 1314 Third Ave. N. The local investment firm was issued a construction foundation permit for a two-story office building. The proposed building, which will be connected to its existing office building, will add 2,873 square feet of office space, nearly 20 office units and a conference room. 

Dryden Architecture, 615 Design Group, PWP Structural Engineering and I.C. Thomasson Associates Inc. are involved in the project. The company anticipates an 18-month construction timeline.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/08/25/deal-dash-trevecca-40-million-residence-hall.html

Screen Shot 2023-08-25 at 1.21.35 PM.png

• Like 4

22 hours ago, MorganRehnberg said:

Took a walk downtown this morning and walked over to check out the road work on 2nd Ave. Afterwards, I walked along Bankers Alley. I think there’s a huge opportunity to pedestrianize this spot. It’s already pedestrian-only between 2nd and 3rd, but that could be extended from 3rd to 4th. That would then intersect with Printers Alley, making a great little area of pedestrian-first. Like Printers Alley, it could still allow local traffic if needed. But it’s already not really a through-way, so it’d be way easier than most places to make this kind of change. 

Here’s a photo looking back from the intersection with Printers Alley—you can see the walking-only stretch in the background. 

IMG_3974.jpeg

Lovely idea as an interim solution until Printers and Bank gets underway. Unfortunately, with the garage being condemned for structural issues (I think?), there is a severe cut in parking revenue so I don't foresee it being a plausible solution for the property owner. On the contrary though, if the property owner rented parallel spots along the building to food truck vendors, maybe the consistent revenue could be made up? Not sure though. The alley itself would have to be kept clear though as it is a very active service alley. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

Lovely idea as an interim solution until Printers and Bank gets underway. Unfortunately, with the garage being condemned for structural issues (I think?), there is a severe cut in parking revenue so I don't foresee it being a plausible solution for the property owner. On the contrary though, if the property owner rented parallel spots along the building to food truck vendors, maybe the consistent revenue could be made up? Not sure though. The alley itself would have to be kept clear though as it is a very active service alley. 

I had totally forgotten about this! This is even better than what I had been thinking about. Looks like some permits filed in February is the most recent action. I hope it keeps moving forward soon!

• Like 4