Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

405 Broadway, Oct 22, 2023, 2.jpeg

I'm confused as to what this outrigging is. It is not part of the permanent structure. I am wondering if they are framing out what will essentially be scaffolding because they wouldn't be able to close the sidewalk and/or another lane of traffic?

7 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The Icon and Velocity in The Gulch both have the scaffolding down that was being utilized for some sort of facade update work for several months.

Icon, Oct 29, 2029.jpeg

Velocity, Oct 29, 2023.jpeg

I live in Infinity Lofts (aka Velocity).  They’ve paused whatever the balcony repair project is, maybe until the spring? In the meantime, they have locked most residents off their balconies (nailed shut from the outside). 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, MorganRehnberg said:

I live in Infinity Lofts (aka Velocity).  They’ve paused whatever the balcony repair project is, maybe until the spring? In the meantime, they have locked most residents off their balconies (nailed shut from the outside). 

I certainly hope they got clearance from the fire marshal to nail those balcony doors shut. (I would think that such a change in the function of the potential exit from a building would require the consideration of the fire department.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

The two structures totaling 12,286 sq. ft. on the .2 acre site the fronts at 218 4th Ave. North on the west , and Printers Alley on the east are up for sale at an undisclosed asking price. Bourbon Street Blues and Boogie Bar inhabits the eastern side, and the closed Which Wich restaurant used to to business on the western section.  Arbour Valley Communities owns the site (as well as the Boogie Bar business), having paid $7,86 million for it 4 years ago.

Possibilities for the site ...

Retain the building housing Bourbon Street and redevelop the footprint of the building last housing the Which Wich with a hotel structure. The zoning for the site offers a multitude of uses and is a "prime" location for redevelopment. A buyer could also, via a lease-back agreement, have Bourbon Street return to any future building once construction is finalized.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/printers-alley-building-listed-for-sale/article_f95c877c-7833-11ee-a01f-938cf20b2f59.html

218 4th Ave North, Nov 1, 2023, site 1.png

218 4th Ave North, Nov 1, 2023, site 2.png

218 4th Ave North, Nov 1, 2023, site map.png

Don't count on a 30-story building at that site anytime soon, if ever, IMO.  Marketing ploy!

• Like 1

It's a 21-story building in the rendering, but I don't know what is permitted there as of now. That would be taller than any buildings surrounding it in the block. I see this property as a test of the DT market through this R/E "rough patch". If it sells, and for how much, it will tell if there's still the sanguine uptrend in the CBD. It's likely to be a large corporation who can afford to sit on it and wait out things... and I'd expect they'll dicker quite forcefully on price. I've seen the same thing as mentions above that developers are sitting on their wallets. Chattanooga is doing OK, but things have slowed since last year. 

• Like 1