Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Is this the thread for downtown/Broadway?

5th & Broadway project, closest to the 5th/bway corner, they’re demo’ing brand new cement and rebar structure. It’s either a major design change or a big screw up. Anyone know anything about this? 

There is is a separate thread for Fifth + Broadway where this has been the subject of much discussion and speculation.

23 hours ago, markhollin said:

William Williams of The Nashville Post Magazine put together this nice feature on all of the development along the eastern side of Germantown, hugging the Cumberland River. I was honored to be interviewed for the piece, along with leading development voices in the area.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/nashville-post-magazine/article/21061871/moving-toward-the-river

It seems odd that millions are being invested in an area that smells like poo 2/3 of the time and snuff factory the other 1/3. <shrug>

On 3/29/2019 at 10:50 AM, Rockatansky said:

It seems odd that millions are being invested in an area that smells like poo 2/3 of the time and snuff factory the other 1/3. <shrug>

I was afraid of that 6 years ago when I moved into the neighborhood too. While you are correct, it sometimes smells bad here, it's really only about once every 2-3 weeks that I smell the water treatment plant and I'm out walking in the neighborhood every day.  I don't enjoy the smell but it's not like it covers the neighborhood,  just an unpleasant whiff every now and then!  I never smell the snuff factory unless I'm over on 10th or Harrison right next to it. Doesn't seem odd to me at all that hundreds of millions of dollars are being invested here. It's the best neighborhood in Nashville as far as I am concerned.  The Neuhoff plan announced in the NBJ is pretty amazing. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Quixotic 1 said:

it sometimes smells bad here, it's really only about once every 2-3 weeks that I smell the water treatment plant and I'm out walking in the neighborhood every day.

My experience has  been different from yours. I eat at the Farmers Market regularly and every time I'm there I smell poo or snuff. <shrug>

16 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Two storage building. 

Driving by these yesterday around 7:00 PM on I-40 W, I was suddenly aware of how they stand in the way of seeing the skyline.  My hope is that they are soon surrounded by slightly taller, better looking buildings.

• Like 2

A 4 story mixed-use structure with about 20,000 sq. ft. is being planned by Woodland Street Partners for 1418-1420 3rd Ave. North in Germantown. The first floor will be a veterinary clinic, and there are also negotiations underway for a medical space use.  The top floor may end up being residential. There will be aa 20 car surface lot in the back.  They have been working with Historic Germantown Neighborhood Development Committee on design to fit within the fabric of the area.  No renderings available yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21063199/mixeduse-building-eyed-for-germantown

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 2.53.35 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 3.00.31 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1