Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I have known this was under contract for sometime now. This is the Nashville Spring Company property. My guess is residential. This is basically Bravo Development. These are the ones that were going to take Studio A down.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/09/new-millionaires-buying-gulch-site.html

• Like 1

That's an issue in many cities, particularly those in the Sun Belt, such as Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Phoenix, Houston, etc. It really is a heavily Sun Belt viewpoint of close parking, and by close I mean less than 2 regular city blocks, which is completely asinine. 

The only times I like to park close are at the airport or if it is disgustingly hot or pouring rain. Other than that, suck it up buttercup and walk some. 

I think this most often applies to everyday activities, such as eating at a restaurant, shopping, or going to work. I think most people have a little more patience for big events (ballgames, concerts), where it is expected that parking is more scarce/in demand, and you save a lot of money by parking 4-6 blocks away (or more).

But in general, I do agree with the premise that Nashvillians should really just get used to walking more....or....*gasp* using public transportation. 

• Like 2

I have known this was under contract for sometime now. This is the Nashville Spring Company property. My guess is residential. This is basically Bravo Development. These are the ones that were going to take Studio A down.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/09/new-millionaires-buying-gulch-site.html

Is that strip of land directly across Cleaves (to the north) that butts up against the railroad tracks owned by CSX?  It's a good sized triangular piece just sitting empty.

There have been a recent increase in thefts and petty crime situations in HBV.  I'm relatively new to the neighborhood, is anyone on this thread familiar with a Capitol District listserv or Facebook  group? Or a neighborhood watch / neighborhood association for the district as a whole or HBV? 

Use the NextDoor App, all north side neighborhoods are pretty active on it,

• Like 1

There have been a recent increase in thefts and petty crime situations in HBV.  I'm relatively new to the neighborhood, is anyone on this thread familiar with a Capitol District listserv or Facebook  group? Or a neighborhood watch / neighborhood association for the district as a whole or HBV? 

Agreed, nextdoor HBV group is pretty active.

• Like 1

Here's a fantastic sneak peek inside Cochon Butcher, which, if it's ANYTHING at all like the original in Nawlins', this place will be absolutely incredible:

http://nashvilleguru.com/44914/cochon-butcher-nashville

Coincidentally, if you guys have never heard of Nashville Guru, I highly recommend browsing the page and bookmarking it.  It's got all the latest news on festivals, restaurant and retail openings etc. featuring gorgeous photography, all organized by neighborhood. 

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

From NBJ today... more rumors about that 60-story (?) tower Mark Bloom and Larry Papel want to put in the Gulch. Nothing specific yet, but Bloom is like a dog with a bone on this one. He is partnering with a Starwood and Hilton exec. Rumor is that it will be a W.  Meanwhile, Alex Palmer couldn't not be reached for comment. 

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/09/gulch-investors-in-talks-for-luxury-w-hotel.html

These renderings are not attached to the NBJ story.  I just wanted to bump them forward in this thread because they look so cool. These are the ones Gannman found and posted a month ago.  

Hotel_zpsljfvxftc.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-18%20at%205.50.2

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 4

Can we surmise that this rendering represents a mixed-use building? The hotel was to be on the lower, recessed level, while the residential was part of the upper floors with balconies. Possibly, the penthouse would be available for the Hotel.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-18%20at%205.50.2

I would think a 'W' would require more rooms (height) than an 'Edition'.

Not being a spoil sport, but 60 much less 20 may be out of the picture at that site. I'm not saying it will not happen, but a lot of strings would have to be pulled. I think we need to keep an eye on the BZA for the Buckingham.

Another thing is we heard a Weston a year and a half ago.

• Like 1

MetroCenter apartments on tap for 100 Cumberland Bend Road.  This site is one that I had hoped would get a block of apartments with parking podium and skyline views. Rendering is only a sketch, but it appears more suburban than urban.  For MetroCenter, suburban is the overarching theme, although it's really become denser in the past five years. 

635775146008997111-DUKE-NASHVILLE-rendering

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/09/10/developer-pays-5m-metrocenter-apartment-site/72031248/

• Like 1