Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

As much as I hate to agree with the Tennessean's peanut gallery, I would have gone with "Nissan Coliseum" or comparable just because there was already a Nissan Stadium in Yokohama. Gotta own the name, can't have people Googling you and ending up with split results.

And a reference to their full-size truck (e.g., "Nissan Titans Coliseum", "Nissan Titan Coliseum") would have been neat without diluting the brand.

Edited by PruneTracy
  • Like 1

Miranda Whitcomb Pontes signs lease at Geist blacksmith house property.  Good track record as a restauranteur, and amazing property.  Looking forward to this!

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/06/miranda-whitcomb-pontes-signs-restaurantlease-in.html

Fantastic news!    Was by there yesterday and was disappointed by the big "for lease" sign and apparent lack of progress on the renovations.    

BuenaVela development for corner of 11th Ave N & Scovel on the front page of the Tennessean Business section today.  It also included a note that Jim's scovel unit at is under contract at $419,925 which will break the record set just 2 weeks ago

Story Link:  http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/06/25/pro-basketball-player-plans-nashville-townhome-project/29298901/

Proposed Image:

B9317860039Z.1_20150625190306_000_G7CB6A

Edited by HGMIII
  • Like 2

Sorry to see the adjacent residence go, however.    Old, decrepit and just no use for it as part of a commercial project, I guess.

Agreed. I think we're all happy that one will be saved and restored rather than both continuing to languish to the point where both needed to be torn down and thrown away.

• Like 3

This Open Streets event was poorly planned, all of Icon and Pine St Flats have to egress via little division which is basically one way because of parking on either side. There are minimum of 3 cops doing nothing at Overton that could be directing this mess. Or Gleaves could be directed and two way temporarily.

• Like 1

This Open Streets event was poorly planned, all of Icon and Pine St Flats have to egress via little division which is basically one way because of parking on either side. There are minimum of 3 cops doing nothing at Overton that could be directing this mess. Or Gleaves could be directed and two way temporarily.

Thanks for "dredging" up the "pain" truth of the event traffic norm:

poorly planned  no planning

-==-

Noticed today that the property across from the Peafowl at 4th and Madison is being prepped for something. There wasn't really anything except for a parking lot surrounded by a chain link fence, but that's all been cleared.  Curious. 

Google street view of the spot:  https://www.google.com/maps/place/4th+Ave+N+%26+Madison+St,+Nashville,+TN+37208/@36.17569,-86.786729,3a,75y,219.89h,77.52t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s9UP5PZKeR5mZ6fXuT_KHyg!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3D9UP5PZKeR5mZ6fXuT_KHyg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D100%26h%3D80%26yaw%3D76.53437%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x886466fe09bfae4d:0xe4d35883a1312d6a

• Like 1

Noticed today that the property across from the Peafowl at 4th and Madison is being prepped for something. There wasn't really anything except for a parking lot surrounded by a chain link fence, but that's all been cleared.  Curious. 

Google street view of the spot:  https://www.google.com/maps/place/4th+Ave+N+%26+Madison+St,+Nashville,+TN+37208/@36.17569,-86.786729,3a,75y,219.89h,77.52t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s9UP5PZKeR5mZ6fXuT_KHyg!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3D9UP5PZKeR5mZ6fXuT_KHyg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D100%26h%3D80%26yaw%3D76.53437%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x886466fe09bfae4d:0xe4d35883a1312d6a

Oooooh, just noticed the 2015 time stamp!  Time to take a "drive" through Nashville!  :)

Drove through the Gulch this weekend and I have to say the impact at street level the Thompson hotel is going to have will be impressive, to say the very least. I mean, it is going to be right on the street in the thick of things.This should create an impressive canyon or valley affect going up 11th.

As much as I hate to agree with the Tennessean's peanut gallery, I would have gone with "Nissan Coliseum" or comparable just because there was already a Nissan Stadium in Yokohama. Gotta own the name, can't have people Googling you and ending up with split results.

And a reference to their full-size truck (e.g., "Nissan Titans Coliseum", "Nissan Titan Coliseum") would have been neat without diluting the brand.

I prefer Coliseum as well; however, I remember saying were going to the Coliseum....or CBS reporting live from the Coliseum in Nashville....don't recall Adelphia Coliseum used in the majority.  So, Nissan was smart to use Nissan Stadium...from a branding perspective.

I prefer Coliseum as well; however, I remember saying were going to the Coliseum....or CBS reporting live from the Coliseum in Nashville....don't recall Adelphia Coliseum used in the majority.  So, Nissan was smart to use Nissan Stadium...from a branding perspective.

May have something to do with the fact that the Titans played at the generic Coliseum for the same number of seasons as they played at Adelphia Coliseum (four apiece). Adelphia wasn't even in this market, anyway.

I suppose it's a moot point as I doubt random strangers on the Internet were the first to consider the possiblity of branding the stadium as "Nissan Coliseum". Perhaps "Coliseums" are becoming out of fashion? The only one in the NFL is the relic in Oakland and most of the others I know of are aging arenas in mid-size cities. Shame, as it makes sense for our Greco-Roman inspirations.