Gulch Union (Endeavor Demonbreun): 3 towers (20 story/329,000 s.f. office, twin 28 story residential buildings)

markhollin

8 minutes ago, uberkarnie said:

This one looks to me like they were tasked with building another office building for Cool Springs, made up of parts from five existing Cool Springs office buildings.

I don’t disagree, but I think when you add in the residential and hotel to the adjacent lots, all three buildings together will look pretty good, especially with GBT’s tower and 1200 Demonrbeun next door.

17 hours ago, uberkarnie said:

This one looks to me like they were tasked with building another office building for Cool Springs, made up of parts from five existing Cool Springs office buildings.

I've been waiting for someone to express this opinion ..especially since most have shared similar thoughts about  the Peabody Plaza Office Bldg being "Suburban Cool Springs" which I don't think it is.  

33 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Right now the start date for the rest of the project is now undetermined per an unnamed source.

I'm not surprised.  I'm just waiting hear similar rumors or official announcements about several other projects.  We might be safe to say that any project that doesn't already have dirt moving is not going to start in the near term.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Yesterday evening. 

85CB1283-0F92-4193-907F-8A1AF7747822.jpeg

Looking at @smeagolsfree's development tracker, the future Endeavor residential building will go where the 2-story, white warehouse building is location in the foreground, and the future Endeavor hotel will be north of the residential building on the adjacent lot. 

Point being, those that voiced concerns over this office building looking bland/suburban, it will be blocked by future developments when looking west within The Gulch. 

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 2

Great pics! Thanks.

And who'd guess that's a southern city, especially with the White Castle sign at the right side? And what's that tower crane in the background for?

Another thing I recently learned: the stretch of expressway is nearly 50 years old!! I believe it was opened in early 1972. Anyone know for sure or have any pics of its construction? 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Native said:

Can't disagree with that.  But the view of Gulch Union office tower from the interstate has greatly improved as the glass and cladding have been completed.   The tower crane for One22One shows how that building will ultimately affect the look from I-40.  This will be an impressive wall of new construction when it all gets finished.

IMG_4364.thumb.jpg.be4cf8bc93bab193f2c19804ad2e9232.jpg

IMG_4361.thumb.jpg.968f2c0cafd945ec7ddd8bb84f663d83.jpg

I actually think that angle in particular really demonstrates how dated this one looks. Without a crane there, I could be convinced that it was a 90's office building that just had its windows cleaned.  It's still welcome density and solid infill along the interstate, I'm just surprised that it looks so old already.

• Like 2