Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

A massive $350 Million sports and entertainment complex was just announced for Murfreesboro. 

https://amp.dnj.com/amp/6447326001

Very interested in this. Great location as well since it's right off of the 840 exit. I would expect traffic lights to be installed however because the median there causes bad traffic issues.

And now for the bad Murfreesboro news, it looks like the park idea for Veterans and Burnt Knob is getting the shaft once again.

https://www.murfreesboropost.com/community/murfreesboro-plans-land-exchange-with-middle-tennessee-electric-for-park/article_e4cbdd8c-5443-11ec-8f96-df25802f2b98.html

I swear, it feels like the Murfreesboro City Council just absolutely does not care about the people who live in that area of town.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, satalac said:

A massive $350 Million sports and entertainment complex was just announced for Murfreesboro. 

https://amp.dnj.com/amp/6447326001

Very interested in this. Great location as well since it's right off of the 840 exit. I would expect traffic lights to be installed however because the median there causes bad traffic issues.

Very interesting.  Richard Seigel park in M'boro has around 20 soccer fields.  And they've been spending a fortune replacing about 10 of them with artificial turf and an indoor soccer arena.  They just held a national soccer showcase that brought several hundred college recruits and teams from pretty much every state.  Good for M'boro!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

Very interesting.  Richard Seigel park in M'boro has around 20 soccer fields.  And they've been spending a fortune replacing about 10 of them with artificial turf and an indoor soccer arena.  They just held a national soccer showcase that brought several hundred college recruits and teams from pretty much every state.  Good for M'boro!

I kinda thought the same thing about Richard Seigel park, but with how many people live in Rutherford Co now,  they'll probably still have plenty of soccer events there. 

On 12/10/2021 at 5:42 AM, satalac said:

And now for the bad Murfreesboro news, it looks like the park idea for Veterans and Burnt Knob is getting the shaft once again.

https://www.murfreesboropost.com/community/murfreesboro-plans-land-exchange-with-middle-tennessee-electric-for-park/article_e4cbdd8c-5443-11ec-8f96-df25802f2b98.html

I swear, it feels like the Murfreesboro City Council just absolutely does not care about the people who live in that area of town.

I've lived in Murfreesboro since the mid-90s and have been in the Gateway area near Blackman schools for a little over 15 years. Would not trade living on this side of town for any other location in Murfreesboro. With that said, you're absolutely right. Pretty sure they will do everything they can to never put any kind of city supported park or recreation center on this side of town.

2 hours ago, glamdring269 said:

I've lived in Murfreesboro since the mid-90s and have been in the Gateway area near Blackman schools for a little over 15 years. Would not trade living on this side of town for any other location in Murfreesboro. With that said, you're absolutely right. Pretty sure they will do everything they can to never put any kind of city supported park or recreation center on this side of town.

Yeah, I'm over in the Rockvale area and much rather prefer to stay on the west side of I-24. I know that in 10 years though Veterans is going to be as bad as Medical Center or Old Fort.

• Like 1

BJ's Wholesale Club is going to open one of its warehouse stores in Mount Juliet.  It will be located in the Providence Central development which will be on the south side of I-40 between Mt Juliet Rd and Central Pike.

https://fox17.com/news/local/bjs-wholesale-club-submits-plans-to-open-store-in-mt-juliet-wholesaler-shopping-retail-sams-club-costco-gas

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, gnash_nelson said:

Vanderbilt University Medical Center received state approval to build a satellite hospital in the Blackman area of Rutherford County.

https://wpln.org/post/vanderbilt-gets-the-go-ahead-to-build-a-hospital-in-murfreesboro-despite-no-current-need-for-additional-beds/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may have been overlooked from the other day regarding the same news.

Vanderbilt approved to build Murfreesboro hospital | Development | nashvillepost.com

• Like 2

On 12/18/2021 at 7:26 PM, Digital Dust said:

Looks like Murfreesboro is getting the next Buc-ee's.  It will be by Elam Road and Joe B. Jackson Parkway by I-24. Key high light: "Although no site plans have been submitted, the concept proposes a 76,245-square-foot building with 120 fuel pumps, 490 parking spots and room for 15 RVs and buses." A lot more info in the link below.

https://www.dnj.com/story/news/2021/12/16/bucees-convenience-stores-gas-stations-murfreesboro-tennessee-locations/8924994002/

I'm pumped (120 times over) about this. Buc-ee's is such an obscene place, but it's got Beaver Nuggets and a wall of beef jerky. Buc-ee's is currently building the world's largest convenience store in Sevierville at 74,000 sqft and this one will overtake it by 2,000 more. So I guess this will make up for us losing the worlds largest cedar bucket.

• Like 2

Sumner County: Gallatin will have a 3.5 acre Habitat for Humanity community called Sherwood Commons (2 stories, 42 townhomes) at West Eastland Ave. and Dorothy Jordan Ave.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/gallatin/2021/12/21/sumner-county-habitat-humanity-buy-land-gallatin-townhome-plan/8928596002/

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 7.14.01 AM.png

• Like 3

7 hours ago, satalac said:

I'm pumped (120 times over) about this. Buc-ee's is such an obscene place, but it's got Beaver Nuggets and a wall of beef jerky. Buc-ee's is currently building the world's largest convenience store in Sevierville at 74,000 sqft and this one will overtake it by 2,000 more. So I guess this will make up for us losing the worlds largest cedar bucket.

I stopped at the one in Warner Robbins GA a month or so ago and i was in awe of the amount of everything..........gas pumps, food, bathrooms, etc.   Was also impressed that they dont allow 18 wheelers there (except to deliver food and petro).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bark At The Sun said:

I stopped at the one in Warner Robbins GA a month or so ago and i was in awe of the amount of everything..........gas pumps, food, bathrooms, etc.   Was also impressed that they dont allow 18 wheelers there (except to deliver food and petro).

I'm have my CDL, but luckily don't have to drive anymore, but not allowing 18 wheelers is huge. Not having people temporarily living somewhere (for a night at least) does wonders for cleanliness. They are extremely clean for a gas station. We went to that one at Warner Robbins on our way back from Disney this summer and felt like we were still at Disney due to the huge crowds and magnitude of it all. The crazy thing is that while it felt massive, it's still going to be 23,000 sqft smaller than the one planned for Murfreesboro. 

• Like 4