Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

3 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

A Fortune 100 medical device company is opening a massive operations center in Greater Nashville that will include specialized manufacturing as well as assembly and distribution activity.

Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) expects to create about 1,400 jobs in a building at Speedway Industrial Park in Lebanon, as part of a $182.8 million investment there.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/07/01/thermo-fisher-scientific-lebanon.html

I bet Rutherford County wishes the racetrack and industrial park was a few feet south.  I remember when they were trying to decide on where the track would go and that Wilson County actually wanted the track worse than Rutherford.  

Now…the track and industrial park is right up next to Smyrna’s urban growth boundary (meaning Smyrna’s city limits will probably be right next to the track one day)…while all of this land is still a few miles from Lebanon.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Agreed.  I know it's got a Lebanon address, but it is closer to Smyrna as the crow flies, and I believe it's also closer to Murfreesboro's northern neighborhoods, too.  So while these 1400 new jobs are located in Wilson County, I'm sure a huge chunk of the people working there will live in Rutherford County.

image.png.fc0dd0da027e26c7eecb5fe4813993c9.png

Yeah…Smyrna’s “city limits” will go right up to the red circle (Murfreesboro’s will almost go to the red circle) in the near future…especially with the widening of Jefferson Pike.  I would imagine everything south of that red circle that’s not already developed soon will be.

• Like 3

On 6/30/2021 at 7:47 AM, titanhog said:

^^Is Wilson Co building any homes along 840?  Seems like nothing but warehouses.  Hoping they’re planning something more than just making that stretch of the interstate into nothing but large metal buildings.

On 6/30/2021 at 9:14 AM, MLBrumby said:

Went that way a few months back for a wedding in Lebanon.  There are a  few housing developments visible on the north side of I-840 (still quite scenic/rural in most places) but the buildings I saw were mostly industrial warehousing, especially surrounding Tn-109.

The Glade Estates development is just north of Couchville Pike, but it's only forty or fifty homes.

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 8:42 PM, titanhog said:

Yeah…Smyrna’s “city limits” will go right up to the red circle (Murfreesboro’s will almost go to the red circle) in the near future…especially with the widening of Jefferson Pike.  I would imagine everything south of that red circle that’s not already developed soon will be.

Here's a better picture, in my opinion, of the area.  Bing maps have county lines which is very useful here to illustrate that even though the speedway and the surrounding industrial parks are in Wilson County, they're barely so.  You can see in this map just how close it is to Smyrna (lower left) and the new subdivisions springing up in north Murfreesboro (lower right).  Wilson County is doling out the incentives, but Rutherford County residents will likely benefit from this just as much as Wilson County residents.  Of course, that's all part of being regional players which is how the entire Midstate will continue to thrive.

image.png.aa10f0a42d120e55f10e3cba87348b03.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Here's a better picture, in my opinion, of the area.  Bing maps have county lines which is very useful here to illustrate that even though the speedway and the surrounding industrial parks are in Wilson County, they're barely so.  You can see in this map just how close it is to Smyrna (lower left) and the new subdivisions springing up in north Murfreesboro (lower right).  Wilson County is doling out the incentives, but Rutherford County residents will likely benefit from this just as much as Wilson County residents.  Of course, that's all part of being regional players which is how the entire Midstate will continue to thrive.

image.png.aa10f0a42d120e55f10e3cba87348b03.png

Looks like Smyrna may be able to use the land along 840 from the Wilson line down a little past Jefferson Pike for development.  Not sure how much is already developed.  Then…a lot of the land along 840 in M’boro is already developed…but some spare land here and there.  Really…it seems the only big chunks of land along 840 that may be free would be in Wilson.

rutherford ugb 2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well it looks like QuikTrip one of the best run gas station chains maybe coming to Nashville particularly Goodlettsville off I-65.  They are market dominant in Charlotte, Atlanta, Greenville Spartanburg SC, Tulsa, OKC, Dallas Ft Worth, Phoenix, Kansas City and coming soon to a lot of SE and midwest markets.   This QT is their larger station model that has diesel for trucks as well like your home grown TN Pilots. But most of their stations are about 5700 sq ft larger than traditional convenience stores but not as large as a Bucees.   Their stores are very clean and the food is really good.   Not sure if this is one off or maybe the start of something much bigger for your local market.  QT comes to play and dominate for example when they entered the Charlotte market several years ago surrounding stations folded up like a cheap suit wherever they built one.  

Property Information - QT Real Estate - QT Real Estate (quiktrip.com)  surplus property to sell. 

QuikTrip Locations in the United States

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Well it looks like QuikTrip one of the best run gas station chains maybe coming to Nashville particularly Goodlettsville off I-65.  They are market dominant in Charlotte, Atlanta, Greenville Spartanburg SC, Tulsa, OKC, Dallas Ft Worth, Phoenix, Kansas City and coming soon to a lot of SE and midwest markets.   This QT is their larger station model that has diesel for trucks as well like your home grown TN Pilots. But most of their stations are about 5700 sq ft larger than traditional convenience stores but not as large as a Bucees.   Their stores are very clean and the food is really good.   Not sure if this is one off or maybe the start of something much bigger for your local market.  QT comes to play and dominate for example when they entered the Charlotte market several years ago surrounding stations folded up like a cheap suit wherever they built one.  

Property Information - QT Real Estate - QT Real Estate (quiktrip.com)  surplus property to sell. 

They are about to open a larger QT with diesel truck lanes in Lebanon. It’s been under construction for a few months and last I drove by , looks about ready to go. It’s off I-40 across from Uncle Pete’s truck stop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We've had them here in Chattanooga for several years now, but I don't see anything special about them except they're newer and cleaner than most.  I have a childhood friend who's an accountant at their HQ, but don't know anything else about them.  Exxon also has their Tiger Marts here and they're big and clean too. As I commented about about Bucees, I guess I'm just not one of their targets... I get gas and go, and sometimes a coffee/water! 

• Like 1

That looks like an old rendering for Page HS.  The "new parking" next to the auditorium is actually their newest building.  I think they have come up with so many different plans for this campus so no telling what the end result will be.  What I "do" know is that it takes 3x longer to work on Page HS than it does Brentwood HS.  

17 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

They are about to open a larger QT with diesel truck lanes in Lebanon. It’s been under construction for a few months and last I drove by , looks about ready to go. It’s off I-40 across from Uncle Pete’s truck stop.

Yes; they have the shiny new QT sign in the sky at the Watertown (239) exit.

7 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

We've had them here in Chattanooga for several years now, but I don't see anything special about them except they're newer and cleaner than most.  I have a childhood friend who's an accountant at their HQ, but don't know anything else about them.  Exxon also has their Tiger Marts here and they're big and clean too. As I commented about about Bucees, I guess I'm just not one of their targets... I get gas and go, and sometimes a coffee/water! 

I dont think there are any open stores in Chattanooga right now.  There is a Quicktrip but this is spelled Quiktrip.  (They do have great coffees and wide variety of non soda founatin drinks lots of varieties of teas for example)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I went to QT all the time when I lived in Atlanta but only because there was one near my house, and it was brand new.  Otherwise, yeah there was nothing special about them.  I actually prefer 7-11 and am much happier to see them expand in our area than QT.  But I do wish them well and hope they're successful.  I'm sure the big QT station in Lebanon will do well.

I admit I'm not a devoted customer of any of the "big fuel" purveyors, but I watch that sector as an investor as it's 'gas stations' related to an industry (automotive) that's quickly moving away from gasoline.  My second post-grad degree was an MBA in Finance, and I can't shake my fascination with strategic moves by companies in an industry.  Pilot/Flying J is probably the best situated to move in that industry as it has Berkshire billions behind it; but it's apparent to me that the strategy of the present dominant players is to buy lots of land and put the little "gas guys" out of business.  Then as the demand moves toward  charging stations and away from gasoline pumps, they can change over accordingly.  Plus, it's never a bad strategy to snatch up valuable land near major intersections.  

• Like 3

On 7/5/2021 at 8:41 PM, KJHburg said:

They have been working on this QT for a couple months now. The fuel canopy in front is almost done and the convenience store is almost at a "dry-in" stage. Next time I'm in the area I will try to grab a couple photos

• Like 2