Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

1 hour ago, Uncommon said:

It doesn’t look like the Mohawk thingy in the renderings is there or at least complete. That’s why I asked.

I think the confusion lies in your use of the term "topped off" which, in construction parlance, means that the topmost floor of the skeleton has been installed.

On this building, that happened several weeks ago.

The mohawk thing wouldn't be considered a factor in the building being topped off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Uncommon said:

It doesn’t look like the Mohawk thingy in the renderings is there or at least complete. That’s why I asked.

Not laughing at your question, but your description was pretty creative lol. 

Edit: just realized JWF already answered your question

Edited by nite owℓ

4 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

That's just chicken wire and thinset, who cares.

44 minutes ago, bqknight said:

Serious question - how is that going to hold up during a hurricane?

Though it looks flimsy from a distance, I'm fairly certain that if you were to get up close to it, you'd see that the framing is constructed of steel I beams and the exterior panels are probably made of some rigid cladding with embedded steel mounting tabs on the back that are both bolted and welded onto the steel framework. They don't kid around with stuff like that, especially when it's 28 stories up. The engineering wind load requirements are probably 200 mph. Maybe even more. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you squint, you can see they've already begun to install the metal screening around the garage. Hopefully the panels get painted after installation... initial renderings even teased a potential mural:

Tremont-Tower-EAST_-DAY_04-21-15_small.thumb.jpg.e7bf333a8792eb9bab01745cce4ba50c.jpg

Does anyone know if the "fins" were installed on the other side? Or were they value engineered to oblivion?

Tremont-Tower_Terrace2-04-15-16_small.thumb.jpg.f7d42759f8eb010a8bccbd0bba989cd2.jpg

Edited by nite owℓ

1 hour ago, shardoon said:

Is there a pool in the hotel?

Someone earlier in this thread said there wasn't. I said there had to be, figuring it would be on the top floor of the garage section, but it doesn't look much like there will be.

Hard to imagine a hotel without a pool.

3 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Someone earlier in this thread said there wasn't. I said there had to be, figuring it would be on the top floor of the garage section, but it doesn't look much like there will be.

Hard to imagine a hotel without a pool.

The hotel is meant to be an AC Marriott - unless that’s changed. I believe most of those hotels do not have pools as they follow the European model for hotels. Nice rooms but small. Have what you need but nothing more. Will have the bar and what not but don’t expect crazy amenities - just a nice aesthetic. 

1 hour ago, bqknight said:

The hotel is meant to be an AC Marriott - unless that’s changed. I believe most of those hotels do not have pools as they follow the European model for hotels. Nice rooms but small. Have what you need but nothing more. Will have the bar and what not but don’t expect crazy amenities - just a nice aesthetic. 

I was thinking maybe they had an indoor pool, but I never saw anything like that going in during construction. Sounds like maybe a business traveller hotel. A nice place to sleep, eat and shower. 

• Like 1