Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Amazon Two update.

Looking east from Church St. at Mcmillin St:

Amazon Two, April 10, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from Church Street Viaduct where it crosses over 11th Ave. North:

Amazon Two, April 10, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking west from YMCA Way, 1/2 block north of Charlotte Ave:

Amazon Two, April 10, 2022, 3.jpeg

Looking NW from 9th Ave. North, 1/4 block south of Church St:

Amazon Two, April 10, 2022, 4.jpeg

Incredible shots!

Has the building "topped out" just yet? 

Once the YMCA tower goes up, as well as the entire Nashville Yards completed group of buildings, that Church Street area will be dense and poppin'. :)

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, nashville born said:

The article says the permit references six components including the Pinnacle tower.  If I count the two residential towers, the 10/11 story office component, Pinnacle, and the entertainment complex, what is the sixth component?  The 40 story res?  1001?  The parking component?

This is a different parcel than the parcel three that the Pinnacle tower sits on. This is Parcel 9. The future tower is probably one of the buildings that are on 9th. We still do not know the exact dimensions of of that tower, but the permit is for the foundations only at this point from the way I read it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

This is a different parcel than the parcel three that the Pinnacle tower sits on. This is Parcel 9. The future tower is probably one of the buildings that are on 9th. We still do not know the exact dimensions of of that tower, but the permit is for the foundations only at this point from the way I read it.

Thanks, Ron.  I should have read the permit info all the way as I now see you had already provided the answer I was seeking.  The article is a bit misleading, yet the permit is very clear.

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

Looking through the permit drawings there appears to be a grocery store planned for the corner of lower 10th and Commerce. The drawings show a single dock and single storage room and about 14,600 square feet of space (including the storage). Has there been any announcements of a DGX/Aldi type store opening here?

image.thumb.png.6903c9fb71d6e3dd0c9376ad048219cd.png

Also, pulled the 3D view page from the drawings. Gives a cool perspective on the structure of these four buildings.

2087508176_PagesfromFoundation-PodiumPermitSet.thumb.png.8e22d22f792e0c2c4df0e082c6995cc6.png

That space is a little big for a DGX. If it does end up being a DGX I hope Dollar General handles security there better than they did on 3rd Ave S. That DGX has a major security problem. 

Edited by downtownresident

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

That is probably an appropriate square footage for a Trader Joe’s store. T J’s would be a good fit for the Nashville Yards neighborhood, and a good addition to the options for grocery shopping in the downtown area!

Trader Joes would be interesting. In looking up their typical store footprints (8,000 to 15,000 square feet) Walgreens was referenced as a similar sized store. Granted Walgreens/CVS are not your traditional grocery, they are very useful in an urban setting like this. Maybe the Walgreens in the Arcade is moving with the renovation and are relocating here....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ArchitectBarbie said:

I don't see the tiny, poorly designed parking lot. 

But I DO see two elevators... Still crossing my fingers for a Downtown Target location which are about 36,000 SF in other locations, including groceries.

WHAT tiny , poorly designed parking lot???  Isn't this sitting on a multi thousand parling structure below it?

• Like 1