Montford Drive

Miesian Corners

3 minutes ago, Swars said:

Saw some heavy equipment and dumpsters at the Southside Lounge on Montfort (old Andrew Blair’s). The top is already partially demo’ed. Is the whole building coming down?  Anyone know what’s going on there?

That building always seemed like it had great potential but never did well. 

Here's the site plan.  I believe 3-4 story building  where the lot used to be and parking garage where the building was.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2018/113-125/2018-118 site plan 3rd rev.pdf

image.png.9324dc09c9a0efe5f35282a5cb0425cd.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does anybody know what is happening with the citgo gas station at park and woodlawn? The gas station closed several months ago and I believe they dug up the tanks. The McDonalds stayed open but just closed at the end of the year, the sign is down and vacant. Edens owns this lot so I was wondering if it would be torn down and repurposed. Same owner just renovated the Wendys next door.     Love to see a big redevelopment of the shopping center to include McD's Wendys, ABC store etc along Park Rd. Thats a huge piece of land, prob 20-30 years out though. Love to see high rise, apts, office, retail, walking area instead of the open air shopping center

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, jordan704 said:

Anyone know what’s going on with the McDonald’s on Park and Woodlawn? The gas station closed months ago but now it looks like the McDonald’s is closed too. 

I believe the McDonalds is just being renovated and will reopen. Not sure about the rest of the site.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sakami said:

Walked through Park Road Shopping Center today and saw Hallmark is closing next week. It Is a large space next to the Blackhawk garden center. What does Edens have in store for this spot?

I can’t find a PR Shopping Center thread so please move if I’ve missed it. 

Want to say Hallmark is turning into some sort of salon with tanning beds.  That was what I overheard from an employee when I was in there a few weeks ago and someone was asking what would become of their space.  She also mentioned their neighbor, Details Home Boutique was next in having their rates sky rocket by the landlord (Edens). 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 8:48 PM, sakami said:

Walked through Park Road Shopping Center today and saw Hallmark is closing next week. It Is a large space next to the Blackhawk garden center. What does Edens have in store for this spot?

I can’t find a PR Shopping Center thread so please move if I’ve missed it. 

Hallmark will be replaced by Bluemercury, a luxury beauty store and spa. It sells luxury and natural beauty products. Notable brands within the space include Darphin, Kiehls, Bobbi Brown, Hourglass, La Mer and Trish McEvoy.

https://bluemercury.com/

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/03/18/park-road-shopping-center-to-add-luxury-beauty.html?iana=hpmvp_clt_news_headline

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

Hallmark will be replaced by Bluemercury, a luxury beauty store and spa. It sells luxury and natural beauty products. Notable brands within the space include Darphin, Kiehls, Bobbi Brown, Hourglass, La Mer and Trish McEvoy.

https://bluemercury.com/

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/03/18/park-road-shopping-center-to-add-luxury-beauty.html?iana=hpmvp_clt_news_headline

Per the agenda Instagram post it is only taking “about 2,500 sq ft of the space Hallmark used to occupy”. I read it as there is more space remaining. Am I reading that correctly or was it just poor wording on their part?

33 minutes ago, EllAyyDub said:

Here's the site plan for the new Chick-Fil-A on Woodlawn.  Looks like you will now have to circle the building to enter the drive-thru?  Hope I can still hop out and order when the line backs up..

The idea is to keep the line from backing up into traffic, especially on a road like Woodlawn.  It actually works pretty effectively as long as people understand how to use it, and yes you can hop out and thats what I usually do as well.

1 hour ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

They need to take a lesson from Cook Out. They are able to squeeze 2 service windows out of 1 corner. Probably the most compact efficient design I have seen. 

Ugh, now I want Cookout

1 hour ago, CTiger said:

The idea is to keep the line from backing up into traffic, especially on a road like Woodlawn.  It actually works pretty effectively as long as people understand how to use it, and yes you can hop out and thats what I usually do as well.

Ugh, Now I want Chick Fil A

Ugh @KJHburgnow I want Donuts.

This diet isn't working.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Ugh, now I want Cookout

Ugh, Now I want Chick Fil A

Ugh @KJHburgnow I want Donuts.

This diet isn't working.

You mentioned earlier today about getting fat. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :tw_joy:

This similar design is featured in many Atlanta area CFA locations and can handle an unbelievable amount of traffic, especially if they feature a large amount of curbside service in addition to drive through. 

5 hours ago, EllAyyDub said:

Hope I can still hop out and order when the line backs up..

You don't even have to leave your car with the mobile app, they bring it to your parking space. 

• Like 2

Some of the newer Chick-fil-a's around town have this layout with the loop around.  After some routine surgery when I came to my first words Take me to Chick-Fil-a!  Thank goodness there was one across from University Hospital (that one is relocating to Harris Blvd) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

I wish they would make people on Randolph Rd turn down that side street and enter the drive thru from the back. Dangit, Chick Fil A! Stop holding up traffic with your stupid, delicious chicken! 

Yes all the time I wish they would reverse that one-way driveway out the back to Colwick just to get the traffic off of Randolph. 

• Like 3

Exiting traffic from Chick-fil-a still will accumulate on-property when traffic on Wendover CORRECTION(NOT WENDOVER but WOODLAWN) is passing and one must hope no one wants to turn left from that single exit. There are three entrances, front, back, and side but one exit.

Edited by tarhoosier

2 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Exiting traffic from Chick-fil-a still will accumulate on-property when traffic on Wendover is passing and one must hope no one wants to turn left from that single exit. There are three entrances, front, back, and side but one exit.

There is only 1 car entrance and that is on Randolph. The back driveway is exit only. Reversing that would allow cars coming south/east on Randolph to enter the parking lot by turning at the Greenwich/Colwick light. They would have to remove the concrete hump they installed at the pickup window to allow cars that entered from the rear to join the drive thru line but that wouldn’t be a big deal. Yes there will still be a lot of cars sitting on Randolph waiting to pull in but it could result in less cars making a crazy left into that parking lot. Another No Left Turn sign at the drive thru exit would work - it’s easy to turn right and go around the block to come out on Sharon Amity. I have spent A LOT of time in that parking lot over the last 9 years. 

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hambone931 said:

According to their website, Jeni's Ice Cream will be replaced Va Da Vie Gelato at Park Road Shopping center.

https://jenis.com/parkroad/

Though I do like Jenni's, Charlotte never met a chain it didn't like, and neither did Edens and Asana*

*I get they're filling their properties with national credit tenants, but still.